PDA

View Full Version : Maxflow tank reg to remote line?

Simply stunning
11-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Ok, so I have a mag tha tI just bought, and a LP tank, so I need to eather buy a new reg, or a whole new tank, so I started looking and thought about buying a maxflow reg to put on the tank. Now I run my mag with a T2W stock on it, so I will need to use a remote, but I was thinking that I could take off the macro fitting on the maxflow if I bought it, and hook my line rite into it..?

Has anyone done this before, or have any thoghts on why I shouldn't do this?

xero28
11-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Are you talking about a Micro Max Flo or one of the older manifold or inline Max Flos. The older styles should have no problem running a remote line. I don't think it would be an issue with a Micro, you just have to make sure the fitting in the reg will fit in the small space.

Simply stunning
11-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Are you talking about a Micro Max Flo or one of the older manifold or inline Max Flos. The older styles should have no problem running a remote line. I don't think it would be an issue with a Micro, you just have to make sure the fitting in the reg will fit in the small space.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It is the inline older maxflow. Made of metal, and doesn't have the jog in it.

xero28
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It is the inline older maxflow. Made of metal, and doesn't have the jog in it.

Yeah, you shouldn't have any issues with it. Should be able to plug the remote line right into the reg.

Don Carnage
11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
I've been looking into something similar. One thought I had was putting a quick-connect at both ends of the remote line, that way the tank isn't semi-permanently connected to the long hose.

Simply stunning
11-05-2009, 10:38 PM
I've been looking into something similar. One thought I had was putting a quick-connect at both ends of the remote line, that way the tank isn't semi-permanently connected to the long hose.

Thanks for the idea! I was thinking it would be a little bit of a pain having the line always attached to it.

I will post up how it works once I get the reg in.

chopper duke
11-05-2009, 11:04 PM

I've got a maxflo on my EMag and I use a QD on each end of the braided hose even though it's perm. attached to the marker. Works fine.

punkncat
11-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I used to screw and older maxflow right onto the top of my CO2 tank and then run a remote up to the marker into my gas through stock. Worked very well, even when down on my belly.

Spider-TW
11-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I use the same setup. Old inline max-flow on remote to an x-valve marker. Good reactivity still.

A CAUTION about using double QD nipples on the reg. I knew I would be careful and not connect a HP hose to the output of the reg. An air station attendant offered to help fill my tank in my pack. He hooked up to the output and blew the seals, then said "Oh" and filled the tank on the input. When I turned the on/off to check it, the venting was bad enough that the on/off oring hung up and chopped when I tried to shut it off and it continued to vent. The high pressure venting extruded the poppet seal, destroying that part too.

I learned to rebuild inline max-flo's and my hose is screwed directly into the reg now, with a QD and slide check at the marker.

Simply stunning
11-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I use the same setup. Old inline max-flow on remote to an x-valve marker. Good reactivity still.

A CAUTION about using double QD nipples on the reg. I knew I would be careful and not connect a HP hose to the output of the reg. An air station attendant offered to help fill my tank in my pack. He hooked up to the output and blew the seals, then said "Oh" and filled the tank on the input. When I turned the on/off to check it, the venting was bad enough that the on/off oring hung up and chopped when I tried to shut it off and it continued to vent. The high pressure venting extruded the poppet seal, destroying that part too.

I learned to rebuild inline max-flo's and my hose is screwed directly into the reg now, with a QD and slide check at the marker.

Well, I was thinking about it, and I forgot to mention I also use a Pro-connect on the other end (into my stock). So that doean't bleed air, hence why I would need to use a QD on the other end for when I do switch off my tank so I can still bleed the line. Although I shouldn't have that problem, as I have a fill whip that I use when my tank is on my vest.

jade_monkey07
11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8246/1004476fo9.th.jpg (http://img522.imageshack.us/i/1004476fo9.jpg/)

I never had it running on remote but i did use a qd to make it easy to remove the valve. heres what i used to run. Probably my favorite setup that iv had - the fact that there was sp junk on my mag :P