PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to find this "how to.."?

PaintballSmurf13
11-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I know at one point in time there was a how to turn a powerfeed SS 'mag body into a vertical feed on Doc's website. I can't seem to find it on there and I looked other places with no luck.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? ...other than trying to contact him direct?

Any help is much appreciated.

-Ryan

PaintballEngineer
11-07-2009, 03:18 PM
you could just shoot him an email... Grumpy's Email (grumpy@the-whiteboard.com)

hope this helps :cheers:

11-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Got my vert feed mod done by Luke
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0003.htm

Spider-TW
11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Got my vert feed mod done by Luke
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0003.htm
I'm afraid that's my how-to also. I think I've read that "Luke" uses a jig, his own pre-made necks and a tig welder. For the price and the service, he's pretty hard to beat.

PaintballSmurf13
11-12-2009, 12:47 AM
i'm looking for a true vert feed. the idea is to somehow size it for a bob long feedneck... like the ones on the vices

i'm planning on doing this on my own...

i like a challenge and a project.

thanks everyone.

dave p
11-12-2009, 07:52 AM
you are trying to turn water into wine. just buy a vert feed body. there are many available.

luke
11-12-2009, 11:10 AM
i'm looking for a true vert feed. the idea is to somehow size it for a bob long feedneck... like the ones on the vices

i'm planning on doing this on my own...

i like a challenge and a project.

thanks everyone.

I've seen it done once by someone here years ago. All you have to do is remove the factory tube, remove all the silver solder, buy stainless tube the same size as the body, cut a patch the size of the factory hole, T.I.G. weld it in place, clean up the inside of the body, clean up the weld on the exterior, cut a new center feed hole, weld on your new neck, re-clean the inside of the body so your barrels fit, re-drill your barrels to line up on your new feed port. Hopefully at that point the body is not too warped from all the heating and cooling. Thats all. :ninja:

Oh yea, I forgot the polishing or powder coating when done. :)

Smoothice
11-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Thats all.

:rofl:

luke
11-12-2009, 12:42 PM
:rofl:

:)