PDA

View Full Version : ACE - Opinions from the field yet?

cledford
02-04-2002, 08:58 AM
Any reports from the field on the ACEs yet? I'm ready to sell my Emag to get the cash for a SFL. I'm primarily interested in the ACE, even though I love the extreme look in general.

I've got a Timmy which has a 2 eye ACE that works awesomely - I had thin paint breaking in the breach (not chopping, being crushed by the HALO) and had paint literally oozing out of the eye covers - yet it still would not *chop* a ball. (I would turn the HALO off to test it) Even with all of the paint the BL ACE worked great.

Anyhow, the AGD ACE has what appears to be the one eye looking up - not sure how the systems actually operates - and am wondering if it is as good/better then a 2 eye system.

-Calvin

LaW
02-04-2002, 11:43 AM
Well i've heard that it's working great, I witnessed one in action and that person seemed to break a lot of paint....

Hysperion
02-04-2002, 12:32 PM
Ya that was me you saw in action and I was breaking ALOT of paint but it was all down the barrel and I think it had something to do with the warp batter being low. Because today I had absolutely no problems with a new battery. The battery I used on the bad day was just opened but it was a Rayovac and wasn't putting out enough voltage. Played in a dave's tourney yesterday and didn't break a single ball all day in 1000. The ACE is gggrrreeeaaatttt...

LaW
02-04-2002, 12:41 PM
Yeah thanks for clearing that up, I never asked ya whether they were in the breach or down the barrel on the breaks! glad it worked great though :) see ya friday?

Hysperion
02-04-2002, 12:54 PM
ill be there wed, and fri and if you wanna be on a team for that 5 man indoor turney you could probably join my team. It's not with animal (dave) and joker nemore. They didnt want me. Said I wasn't important and an insult to paintball. Nah jk. But anyways me and 2-3 other guys I know are all getting dye pants and the blue dye jerseys for the 5 man. We could use you if you wanna play. Gotta get a dye 2k2 blue jersey and dye pants though :)

LaW
02-04-2002, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't mind playing, not sure if i'm playing with animal's and joker's team yet though.... I wouldn't be able to get the dye jersey's or pants though :) i already have like raven pants and jt pants, and raven jersey and jt jersey... i can't afford to buy more stuff i don't really need to have ya know... rather spend it on playing.

brian terry
02-04-2002, 01:29 PM
a were is this tourny you all are talking abought i might run down and take a look ..///

LaW
02-04-2002, 01:30 PM
umm in milwaukee wisconsin

cledford
02-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Guys, no offense - but have you ever heard of email, IM, or IRC? This thread wasn't really started to promote a conversation to build you team/next paintball outing. I normally wouldn't say anything - but since I'm a "subscriber" to this thread and I keep getting messages that there's been a post, I come over, then find no relevant responses to my question. I'm now seeing why the unnecessary posting here at AO is irritating others. (See recent posts...)

I think this is what Rob was talking about with regard to irrelevant posts - could you take the chat else where?

-Calvin

LaW
02-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Sure I'll come over and bring the convo to your house while we eat cookies. It was like 2 posts that didn't have anything to do with the question... the tourney stuff was somewhat relevant because now you know he's playing again so he'll have more experiences with the ACE