PDA

View Full Version : Unfounded rumor?

punkncat
11-11-2009, 12:45 AM
I read somewhere from a few "didn't hear it from me" sources that Smart Parts is gone.
Supposedly operations are ceasing, and that GI Milsim is taking over production of what they deem finacially feasible.....

True or False?

warbeak2099
11-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I doubt it. Even the Gardners wouldn't base their livelihoods on scumbags like Rich Italia. He's like a cancer, every company he gets in bed with goes down the tubes within a year or two.

AGD
11-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Could it BE!!??:)

AGD (still here)

Maghog
11-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Die Smart Parts!!! Die a horrible, smelly death!
Dan@Triggernomics

BigEvil
11-11-2009, 05:03 AM
Road trip!!!

Lets go out there and dance on their graves!!

:dance:

paullus99
11-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Makes sense, economically - based on the last round of SP layoffs. Totally depends on where the money is coming from to support current operations, if Italia is ponying up the bulk of the funds at this point - then I can see this happening (maybe not all at once, but a transition over the next six months or so).

All conjecture until we see a press release.

insixdays777
11-11-2009, 07:13 AM
I have seen the same info floating around. I believe SP is dead.

georgeyew
11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Could you share some links? I need a good read today.

littleshwade
11-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Warbeak2099 is right it seems who ever they merge with that other company seems to go under. Here is another question if Smart Parts goes under will AGD start to make new markers or will this be a slow process in seeing what happens? :headbang:

punkncat
11-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Keep in mind that even if they go down, the patents are still valid and in effect.

Frizzle Fry
11-11-2009, 08:51 AM
I read somewhere from a few "didn't hear it from me" sources that Smart Parts is gone.
Supposedly operations are ceasing, and that GI Milsim is taking over production of what they deem finacially feasible.....

True or False?

Smart Parts UK (Smart Parts Europe) is closing their doors from what I hear.

I can't name the source, and I can't say with 100% certainty, but as I understand it Smart Parts Europe was behind on loan payments but making them regularly and therefor not completely defaulting. Apparently, unlike in the U.S. even if you're not defaulting on the loan if you're behind schedule for a certain amount of time (with regular payments) the bank can pull the loan anyway.

From what I hear the bank said that for whatever reason they didn't have faith in SPs ability to pay the loan and keep their head above water due to their "track record" though I'm not sure if that's related to the recent layoffs at Smart Parts US or the bad press they get on all fronts (or both). I'm also not sure that they've closed for good or that they've 100% lost funding, I just have a fairly trustworthy source who says that.

This follows GI Milsims early launch of the .50 cal line in Europe which was not as well accepted as hoped.

It is important to keep in mind that Smart Parts isn't gone as long as GI Milsim is around... Smart Parts owns GI Milsim and LUXE; they are not just "partners" or "manufacturers" or any other marketing-scheme stretch to distance their newer companies from the Smart Parts name. My guess is that they'll stop making "Smart Parts" markers and just make complete LUXE line and continue with GI Milsims .50cal clones of the current Smart Parts line.

The company has made it clear through their actions that Smart Parts is trying to distance themselves from, well, the name Smart Parts, which carries with it (for better or for worse, and I think for better) some VERY bad connotations as far as quality and business practices are concerned.

punkncat
11-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Actually, I hear that Luxe is going away as well.....from a completly different source.

MANN
11-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Last I heard was that SP is only going to keep a few people around. Enough to buy/sell remaining stock (comes from sp employee). My money would says that they will be around for at least another 10 years.

georgeyew
11-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Ahhhh.....so much dirt so little time :D

Frizzle Fry
11-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Last I heard was that SP is only going to keep a few people around. Enough to buy/sell remaining stock (comes from sp employee). My money would says that they will be around for at least another 10 years.

They made (and were unable to sell) enough IONs and Shockers in the last 5 years that 25 employees could make a comfortable living just as tech support for existing markers and sellers/liasons unsold stock.

MANN
11-11-2009, 09:30 AM
They made (and were unable to sell) enough IONs and Shockers in the last 5 years that 25 employees could make a comfortable living just as tech support for existing markers and sellers/liasons unsold stock.

I have heard this too. I am guessing that they (SP) will sorta be in the same situation as AGD. They will not come out with anything new, and just stick around. Just my .02 tho.

The one thing that I have no idea on is what their balance sheet says. If it is too far in the red it may force them to shut down. I would think that the Gardners are smarter than that, but they have done stupid things before so who knows.

Frizzle Fry
11-11-2009, 09:36 AM
The one thing that I have no idea on is what their balance sheet says. If it is too far in the red it may force them to shut down. I would think that the Gardners are smarter than that, but they have done stupid things before so who knows.

I haven't heard ANYTHING lately about the US side of things when it comes to SPs money situation.

Smart Parts Europe would be somewhat separate from Smart Parts North America.

Reiner
11-11-2009, 10:04 AM
It is important to keep in mind that Smart Parts isn't gone as long as GI Milsim is around... Smart Parts owns GI Milsim and LUXE; they are not just "partners" or "manufacturers" or any other marketing-scheme stretch to distance their newer companies from the Smart Parts name. My guess is that they'll stop making "Smart Parts" markers and just make complete LUXE line and continue with GI Milsims .50cal clones of the current Smart Parts line.It was my understanding that G IMilsim was owned by Italia and Adam and Billy Gardner. I haven't seen any info on the percentage of ownership. I do not believe Smart Parts owns GI Milsim though.

warbeak2099
11-11-2009, 10:26 AM
SP doesn't own them, but the Gardners and Italia do. That means even if SP closes down, the same people are still going to be running a company that holds that same patents and whatnot. They will probably continue the same shady business practices no matter what the name of the company is, especially with Rich Italia involved. That guy is seriously bad news. The only they could form an unholier union would be the get Spurrlock in on the deal, if he isn't already. You'd basically have all the unethical garbage of the paintball industry together in one spot.

littleshwade
11-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Who are the Gardner's, Rick Italia, and Spurrlock? Just asking

robo1
11-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Smart parts dug their own grave. I would be willing to bet they threw whatever capital they had left into this gi milsim line. Whos got photoshop? We could have the agd lions standing on an sp logo.

chopper duke
11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I heard by word of mouth this past weekend that they're done and they will be bought and liquidated. Maybe the same person Punkncat hear it from, dunno.

cockerpunk
11-11-2009, 11:43 AM
interesting about luxe...

when smart parts dies, the bank that has the loans will own the patents. depending on how they deal with that will have a large impact on the future of our sport. another issue is the amount of money SP pumped into the PSP and there sponsored teams. there are gonna be a lot of hurting tournament folks out there. might this be the straw that breaks the camel's back for the PSP?

i can't say i would really miss either organization.

insixdays777
11-11-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.propaintball.com/

haha speak of the devil. Now THAT is a seriously crazy rumor....

Frizzle Fry
11-11-2009, 11:56 AM
SP doesn't own them, but the Gardners and Italia do. That means even if SP closes down, the same people are still going to be running a company that holds that same patents and whatnot. They will probably continue the same shady business practices no matter what the name of the company is, especially with Rich Italia involved. That guy is seriously bad news. The only they could form an unholier union would be the get Spurrlock in on the deal, if he isn't already. You'd basically have all the unethical garbage of the paintball industry together in one spot.

All of their products are produced, packaged and warranty'd by Smart Parts. It's a joint venture between the Gardners (SP) and Richmond Italia (former ProCaps) with the Gardners representing SP for 2/3 of the ownership. DLX (LUXE) is similar situation between the Gardners and Darryl Trent (the guy behind SmartCorps who "left" for DLX but is on SP payroll).

For those who don't know, Richmond Italia founded ProCaps (Draxxus) and created the X-Ball format of paintball play. He had about as much to do with the creation of the Matrix as the Gardners did with the Shocker, but that doesn't stop him from making it seem like he carved the first damn one out of mashed potatoes at the dinner table while he was "having a vision"... :rolleyes: He was also behind Diablo when it started and has owned stores, teams, and fields since about 1993.

http://www.propaintball.com/
Flying off the shelves? Boston Paintball (one of the biggest and oldest dealers in New England) can't get rid of the handful they've got.

fishmishin
11-11-2009, 11:58 AM
The PSP didn't really have the greatest year this year either. Attendance at World Cup was way down. It may have just been the venue change though.

It was reported, unconfirmed of course, that SP would close it's doors in November anyway. I don't really see it happening though. They have way to much inventory in stock to close. Although I don't see it moving very fast anytime soon, unless they start letting Ion XE's pros selling for $100. I would like to see the brothers gardner gone from the sport just as well as the next, trust me. I wouldn't even mind seeing someone buy SP out that didn't have the same cut throat intentions as the gardners, can't believe I am typed that, but the company could have potential under the proper management. Just the fact that it had new management could make a huge difference.

Mr. Mouse
11-11-2009, 12:07 PM
smart parts die.... agd come back... doesnt seem like a bad situation to me

littleshwade
11-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I agree with that statement. I would like to see more mags on the fields that an ion but that is just me. Time will tell what is going to happen. :rofl:

Ruler_Mark
11-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Keep in mind that even if they go down, the patents are still valid and in effect.

Not if they were put up as collateral as part of a loan. Then a bank would own the rights when they default. Then they would go up for auction..... :ninja:

Ratt
11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Not if they were put up as collateral as part of a loan. Then a bank would own the rights when they default. Then they would go up for auction..... :ninja:

So, as far as the patents go...let me get this straight:

a) The patents that that SP (illegitimately) owns were used as collateral for some bank loans. SP defaults on their loans, so the patents become property of the bank. In order to recoup their loses, may the bank then aution off those patents? (GOOD case scenario)

OR

b) The patents were never used as any collateral on any loans. The company known as SmartParts goes under, it's inventory liquidated, employees laid off, and the Brothers Gardner walk away with the patents they never deserved to have in the first place. (WORST case scenario)

Is that the jist of it?

(Wouldn't it be great if Tom decided to go shopping...and bought SP (and its patents)? :ninja: )

fishmishin
11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
(Wouldn't it be great if Tom decided to go shopping...and bought SP (and its patents)? :ninja: )

Huh, I thought about that earlier and got a pretty good chuckle about it.

Maghog
11-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Don't take it too far guys. AGD has simply been smart enough to stay reserved and wait for the waters to calm. Don't you remember how everyone was crazy about cockers and e-cockers only 3-5 years ago?
Who's talking about cockers now? Anyone? The time will come, all the bigshots will destroy each other and there will be few companies left that really care about quality and service. Can you think of any other companies that people will want to go to then?

maniacmechanic
11-11-2009, 04:26 PM
They are still answering the phones in PA , I called today & ordered some softgoods that they don't even advertize anymore ( don't hate on me ) .
I actually asked the girl i was talking to about the rumors of them closing , her answer ; "oh the haters"
I prefer to think like Maghog

Dirge
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Should SP close their doors, then karma served. I feel bad for all the folks that will be out of a job. I here they have (had?) a lot of folks on the payroll.

Ruler_Mark
11-12-2009, 07:30 AM
So, as far as the patents go...let me get this straight:

a) The patents that that SP (illegitimately) owns were used as collateral for some bank loans. SP defaults on their loans, so the patents become property of the bank. In order to recoup their loses, may the bank then aution off those patents? (GOOD case scenario)

OR

b) The patents were never used as any collateral on any loans. The company known as SmartParts goes under, it's inventory liquidated, employees laid off, and the Brothers Gardner walk away with the patents they never deserved to have in the first place. (WORST case scenario)

Is that the jist of it?

Pretty much, I highly doubt A is the situation but I dream.

Raven001
11-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I wonder if 2E is still working for them?

Pump Scout
11-12-2009, 07:50 AM
The only they could form an unholier union would be the get Spurrlock in on the deal, if he isn't already.

He's a part of GI MilSim. He lists himself as a rep for Hard Corps and GI Milsim.

Not sure if any of this is connected, but Sean Scott is moving, or already has moved, to South America to be with his girlfriend (per Facebook posts). I'd think that much of what he does could be done from a remote location, but I don't know if all of it could. Guess we'll have to see how it all plays out.

TeaQue
11-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Can anyone give me cliff notes on all the Smart Parts hate? (I just got back into paintball after a 5-6yr hiatus)

Smokeage
11-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Can anyone give me cliff notes on all the Smart Parts hate? (I just got back into paintball after a 5-6yr hiatus)

From what I hear (im not too knowledgable on the situation either) they made patents pretty much on par with "If you spread something on bread, your infringing on patents.) It pretty much put a lock on the paintball industry for a few years until they figured out that if they dolloped or sprayed something on bread they were good. Pretty much there is no way to make a PB&J (paintball marker) without putting something on the bread ha ha, and SP found a really broad way of wording their patents.

I think it had something to do with activating a sear electronically.....someone correct me if im wrong, ive been kind of interested in it too but I just gathered info as I went along.

kwood
11-12-2009, 08:42 AM
if smart parts went under and AGD started making some cool new stuff again
i would have no problem with that
i would love it if AGD put out a hoseless mag
a sleeper valved mag if you will (that is is "sleeper" is defined by the placement of external parts or airlines that would otherwise be seen are hidden or rerouted with this design)

i think a "sleeper" valve mag design would be really cool

Smokeage
11-12-2009, 08:47 AM
if smart parts went under and AGD started making some cool new stuff again
i would have no problem with that
i would love it if AGD put out a hoseless mag
a sleeper valved mag if you will (that is is "sleeper" is defined by the placement of external parts or airlines that would otherwise be seen are hidden or rerouted with this design)

i think a "sleeper valve mag design would be really cool

ha ha, now you got me looking at my Automag trying to figure out how I would do that. I guess its one more thing I should include in my custom body.....its not like it would be too hard to do.

Actually maybe not like your thinking but it would be easy to hide it in a body and not make it look weird, I think.

kwood
11-12-2009, 08:54 AM
ha ha, now you got me looking at my Automag trying to figure out how I would do that. I guess its one more thing I should include in my custom body.....its not like it would be too hard to do.

Actually maybe not like your thinking but it would be easy to hide it in a body and not make it look weird, I think.

seriously it wouldnt be that tough
a slight valve redesign coupled with a one piece rail/body like the xmags with some air routes drilling into them to run through the frame and that should be it
right?

cockerpunk
11-12-2009, 09:13 AM
He's a part of GI MilSim. He lists himself as a rep for Hard Corps and GI Milsim.

Not sure if any of this is connected, but Sean Scott is moving, or already has moved, to South America to be with his girlfriend (per Facebook posts). I'd think that much of what he does could be done from a remote location, but I don't know if all of it could. Guess we'll have to see how it all plays out.

i seem to remember meeting sean's wife one time ....

hum, maybe it was actually sean's GF .... it was several years ago.

the patents are SP property, so they are assets of the company. when the bank closed on Smart Parts, all of SPs property and assets belong to the bank. that includes those patents.

and warbeak - spurlock is involved. he is managing Taiwan manufacturing of the 50 cal guns and the new 50 cal loaders.

leloup
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
All the politics in this sport are rediculous.

Tunaman
11-12-2009, 06:22 PM
i seem to remember meeting sean's wife one time ....

hum, maybe it was actually sean's GF .... it was several years ago.

the patents are SP property, so they are assets of the company. when the bank closed on Smart Parts, all of SPs property and assets belong to the bank. that includes those patents.

and warbeak - spurlock is involved. he is managing Taiwan manufacturing of the 50 cal guns and the new 50 cal loaders.
I hope they stuck their neck out for 50 million of these 50 caliber junk guns. They will be eating them for years and years..... ;)

MicroB
11-12-2009, 07:51 PM
In a nutshell...

In essence SP wiped out all electronic gun manufactures unless they paid a royalty ($$$$$$). To produce electronic markers some paid but most businesses including AGD did not pay SP and chose to stop producing PB markers. Their patent which they filed showed electronic sear activation and some historical point which encompassed all electro markers at the time. In essence SP brought the PB industry to its knees. Gone were the X-mag, AKA markers, and the like of smaller higher quality production markers. This left SP basically in control of the whole PB industry and in many ways killed all that was enjoyable about playing. Its one of the factors that kept me from the sport until recently.

THAT IS WHY THE HATE FOR SP AND THE HOPE THAT THEIR GREED IS THEIR UNDOING!!!!

robo1
11-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Smart parts basically ruined the sport by filing those patents. They killed several companies, some like AGD used an american work force not taiwanese. They killed innovation with their wreckless patent filing. I personally knew they were trouble when they trademarked a certain word that was a popular term back then. :Pwned.

afortuna
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
It seemed like most of this thread I was reading about the Gardners thinking they had unilingual men from Central America making decisions. :tard:

Newt
11-12-2009, 10:16 PM
They would become orphaned patents at that point. Technically they are still in effect (until the end of their current 5 year period), but the intellectual property world is still the Wild West. The marshall comes to town sometimes, but if you can't defend your own, it ain't yours for long.

Frizzle Fry
11-12-2009, 11:27 PM
They will be eating them for years and years..... ;)

Or stacking them up and welding them together to keep a roof over their heads :rofl:

TeaQue
11-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Wow. I'm definately going to try to sell my SP1 now :nono:

doc_Zox
11-12-2009, 11:41 PM
WTF?

Patents

•••

Title: “Electrical control unit for paintball gun” No.: 7,603,997 Inventors: Hensel, Edward (Fairport); Smith, David L. (East Aurora); Gaston, Raymond S. (Lancaster); Gardner Jr., William M. (Ligonier, Pa.); Gardner, Adam (Ligonier, Pa.) Assignee: Smart Parts (Loyalhanna, Pa.) Date issued: Oct. 20, 2009

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/851005.html

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7603997.html

Frizzle Fry
11-12-2009, 11:46 PM
WTF?

Patents

•••

Title: “Electrical control unit for paintball gun” No.: 7,603,997 Inventors: Hensel, Edward (Fairport); Smith, David L. (East Aurora); Gaston, Raymond S. (Lancaster); Gardner Jr., William M. (Ligonier, Pa.); Gardner, Adam (Ligonier, Pa.) Assignee: Smart Parts (Loyalhanna, Pa.) Date issued: Oct. 20, 2009

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/851005.html

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7603997.html

How can they do that? First of all that's FAR too vague to patent, and second, it covers a patent that was already issued (a more specific patent) which was slated "die" in 2015 allowing anyone to use it. I wonder if we (AO collectively) can stir up enough trouble to end these idiots, or at least their BS patents.

punkncat
11-13-2009, 11:28 AM
In a discussion with an individual that is most certainly "in the know", thier impression was that nothing else is going on there aside from selling off stock.

I would suggest that if you need any soft parts for your SP markers of any make that you get them now......

MicroB
11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
In a discussion with an individual that is most certainly "in the know", thier impression was that nothing else is going on there aside from selling off stock.

I would suggest that if you need any soft parts for your SP markers of any make that you get them now......

Thier is know reliable information as much as I wish it were the truth this is all that I could confirm in a nutshell...

"Darryl Trent from Smart Parts talks to BallersCafe! Is Smart Parts Closing its doors?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a call from Darryl Trent regarding the Rumor of Smart Parts shutting its doors. This is what he had to say, more or less anyway. Smart Parts has had massive layoffs, a lot of people that have worked there for many years have lost their jobs. In spite of this, they are still open for business. They are still making products, taking and shipping orders. They are trying to ‘stop the bleeding’ so to speak. Unlike what has been previously reported, Darryl said that they do not have plans of closing. In this economy they are taking the steps they feel needed in order to stay open. No matter what your personal feelings are about the company, it would be bad for Paintball as a sport to have Smart Parts go under. It is bad for the economy to have these people laid off and out of work. And it is bad for these people that have been laid off and their families! Bottom line is that this is real. These are people with families that are affected, and our sport as a whole that is going to be hurt if we see these major manufacturers start going out of business.

I would like to thank Darryl for the call and wish them the best of luck."

PaintballEngineer
11-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh crap. :eek: :tard: SP has been issued a patent for “Electrical control unit for paintball gun”.
the :cuss:s are still at it! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

And I quoth:

"Title: “Electrical control unit for paintball gun” No.: 7,603,997 Inventors: Hensel, Edward (Fairport); Smith, David L. (East Aurora); Gaston, Raymond S. (Lancaster); Gardner Jr., William M. (Ligonier, Pa.); Gardner, Adam (Ligonier, Pa.) Assignee: Smart Parts (Loyalhanna, Pa.) Date issued: Oct. 20, 2009"
info from A Buffalo news story. http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/851005.html

...And don't get the idea that I live there, 'cause I dont :D

doc_Zox
11-13-2009, 08:30 PM
uh yip, see above

I goggled that out yesterday while hunting for gardner data

Smokeage
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Thier is know reliable information as much as I wish it were the truth this is all that I could confirm in a nutshell...

"Darryl Trent from Smart Parts talks to BallersCafe! Is Smart Parts Closing its doors?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a call from Darryl Trent regarding the Rumor of Smart Parts shutting its doors. This is what he had to say, more or less anyway. Smart Parts has had massive layoffs, a lot of people that have worked there for many years have lost their jobs. In spite of this, they are still open for business. They are still making products, taking and shipping orders. They are trying to ‘stop the bleeding’ so to speak. Unlike what has been previously reported, Darryl said that they do not have plans of closing. In this economy they are taking the steps they feel needed in order to stay open. No matter what your personal feelings are about the company, it would be bad for Paintball as a sport to have Smart Parts go under. It is bad for the economy to have these people laid off and out of work. And it is bad for these people that have been laid off and their families! Bottom line is that this is real. These are people with families that are affected, and our sport as a whole that is going to be hurt if we see these major manufacturers start going out of business.

I would like to thank Darryl for the call and wish them the best of luck."

True. But shame on them for even working for a company that is as hated as it is. I know for damn sure that I wouldnt go work for a company that I had a moral dispute with. There are plenty of other jobs. And if you work in a state thats wee-tod-did (California, New York, etc.) then move to a better state. Like Texas where we actually use sound economic policies so that we arent as affected by the recession as other states.

It sucks that a bunch of Americans had to lose there jobs. but if your going to work for a company thats unliked and uses really bad practices then they should have seen it coming or at least had a contigency plan. And before anyone says it this isnt like going to work for wal-mart. SP fills a niche in the a luxury sport, if they went under they would quickly be replaced and somehow I doubt any of the paintball community would shed a tear.

SSP-SheiK
11-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Who are the Gardner's, Rick Italia, and Spurrlock? Just asking

The gardners own SP (die...) and richmond italia is the pres of pro-caps and created x-ball (die..) ;)

not sure who spurrlock is though

honestly i could care less about Fart Smarts being in business.. anyone who asks me about "if i should get this gun" i happily inform them other wise and give them several other recomendations starting with AGD :D

rabidchihauhau
11-14-2009, 06:58 PM
what I have heard on the rumour mill is that Italia owns 90% of SP now - which if one follows this (potentially incorrect) information, means that SP were probably bailed out of their troubles by Richmond in exchange for 90% of everything, which then probably means that the SP folks own 10% of GI MIlsim.

All speculation, but tending to jive with other rumours.

On another note, a two parter concerning 50 caliber paintballs has gone up on http://68caliber.com/?p=5264

MANN
11-14-2009, 07:21 PM
:rofl: Some things never change.

going_home
11-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Tough crowd.
Oh, and how bout them Gators !

:ninja:

robo1
11-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I know this is sorta off topic, but has anyone seen the online petition boycotting SP?

punkncat
11-15-2009, 10:07 AM
snip

I am fully aware of what the "press release" view is on this. I mean really, a company that is trying its best to stay afloat (at least long enough to sell off stock) is not going to want the word to get out that they aren't going to be around next week......

What I really wonder, is in the "end" of all this, which products are we going to see re-released and re-branded under the GIM name? It is coming...just how long will be it be, and what?

MicroB
11-15-2009, 10:15 AM
I am fully aware of what the "press release" view is on this. I mean really, a company that is trying its best to stay afloat (at least long enough to sell off stock) is not going to want the word to get out that they aren't going to be around next week......

What I really wonder, is in the "end" of all this, which products are we going to see re-released and re-branded under the GIM name? It is coming...just how long will be it be, and what?

I agree that their is always a PR spin even from an unscrupulous company such as SP. I also agree that somewhere between the two extremes lies the truth... I would like nothing more than to see SP undone on its own (like the Berlin wall), but that does not mean its going to happen at any certain pace. I would rather be objective with my view as I do not know all the facts.

Shirow
11-15-2009, 10:21 AM
I have heard from dealers that SP has been unable to deliver any product recently.. whatever that means.

MicroB
11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
I have heard from dealers that SP has been unable to deliver any product recently.. whatever that means.

The plot thickens... We (AO) should ask our local retailers whether or not they have had similar problems and report back here to verify the actual state of SP! If many orders are not being filled its likely they do not have the stock on hand or the ability to produce in either case it does not bode well for SP.

I'm all broken up about that... :)

CatoRockwell
11-15-2009, 07:34 PM
:headbang:
my local store hasn't been ordering any SP products since they started liquidating their stock. The wouldn't go into to much detail, but the jist was that they do not plan on carrying any SP merchandise in the future, and all SP is on discount sale right now.
:mad: BURN SP BURN :rofl:

FutureMagOwner
11-16-2009, 12:01 AM
That is true about them shipping things out, at least around here, I'm working at a new shop and when we first got in contact with them they wanted to dump a ton of apparel and other random garbage on us, and now we hear nothing/get nothing from them. Oh well, good riddance in my opinion.

epterry
11-16-2009, 04:08 AM
Hmmmm... well this is my first post in a while. I'll be honest with you; I have been out of the sport for a while.

I remember when they came out with the original impulse, maxflo, and freak system... I loved my old 1/4 turn tear drop barrel (both of them). Then they went and decided to make money instead of fun. They took the sport from being about making better gear to making money. If they go under, I might just be a little happy that there is some ironic justice in the world.

Also, it is good to see you are still around on the forums AGD.

[NA]WARLORD
11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
not sure who spurrlock is though

George Spurlock is the dude that built/manufactured the Black Dragun line of Spyder clones. He also bankrupted his companies 3 times to avoid paying taxes, so much so that the third time, he high tailed it to Taiwan to avoid Legalities from the IRS. on his 3rd venture, he partnered with Odyssey (the makers of the original Halo) who financed his third string of Spyder clones and then Odyssey supposedly wrote poor George out of the picture by copying his designs and contacting the same manufacturer in Taiwan to produce their own line of guns, due to George demanding more profits from the Halo, which wasn't part of the original deal. So basically, another get rich quick flash in the pan Paintball manufacturer. on a side note, George was the first to offer an eye system in STBB style marker.

Ratt
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Evil comes in pairs:

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-239342.html

:ninja:

halB
11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
SP is losing money.

Therefore SP does not have a lot of money.

Therefore, SP's in house counsel has probably been laid off.

Therefore, if all of the above are true, were SP to be sued for intentional misuse of patents, SP would not be able to retain the best counsel.

Therefore, now would be the time to attack SP, and finish them off for good.