PDA

View Full Version : The new Phenom

punkncat
11-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Wicked Klown 2 brought one of these new Tippmann markers out to AOS, and passed it around to a few of us. He had asked if we would give our impressions, and create a bit of noise about it. I am sure you have all heard about it by now in various threads...it is the"mag like" tippy that has the new bolt system and operates in both mech and E mode.

So, my impressions. Klown was not able to take it apart for all of us, but did demonstrate that, in spite of a clamshell body, the bolt system easily comes out the rear of the marker. The cyclone feed cogs are now made of a more foam or rubberly material that has some give and should be more gentle on paint. Overall the marker seemed weighted nicely, and felt a lot like an A5 to ME....I don't shoot Tippy's a lot, so others may have a completly different take on the feel.
The mech mode shot nicely, although the trigger feels a little squishy. The e-mode is super nice, short crisp trigger, and super quick. The marker has no discernable kick at all, and the sound signature is completly different from anything Tippy. I wouldn't say it was quiet along the lines of a Trix per se, but it is WAY quieter that a 98.

I am not really a fan of milsim markers myself, but have to admit that the markers weight, and the way it shot (particularly in e-mode) were very nice. It seems to be an innovative new step for tippmann.

chopper duke
11-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I too got to see WK2's Phenom this past weekend, and I was shot at by it.

Since he was staged right next to me the entire day, I got to hold it and look at it. I was really impressed with the way it felt and the "Automag" like setup it had. I also liked the gas through grip on it. The frame came off like most Tippmann's (Including my Pro/Am) with a couple of pins pushed out. You could even see the cute little on/off.

I'm Glad Tippmann has gone this route. I can't say I'm a HUGE Tippmann fan, especially of their new stuff, but I like this.

I'm anxious to hear from WK2 how this holds up in the long run. I know the Pro-Lites. Pro-Carbs, Pro-Ams I've had are dang near indestructible. It would be nice if these were as well.

insixdays777
11-11-2009, 12:05 PM
I shot it and handled it as well this past weekend.

I love it. VERY fun gun to shoot. it had no kick. I loved the feel of the mech trigger, very unusual in a good way. It was very quick in full auto e-mode. The weight was great and a big improvement over other tippmanns. Shot sounded like a typical blowforward spool gun marker. This is not your granddads tippmann. I think once more people shoot this is going to be a great seller for tippmann.

I was impressed. :cheers:

I cant wait to get one. :shooting:

WickedKlown2
11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I too got to see WK2's Phenom this past weekend, and I was shot at by it.

Chopper Duke,,,

I had fun shooting at you up in the Tower with the Phenom Bro !!! That blue turtle hat kept taunting me and it didn't help that Punkn kept me pinned behind the bunker and I couldn't get a clear shot at you :)... After that fire fight with you 2 the driver side of the Phenom was covered in overspray from Punkn' and was glowing bright yellow :D !!!

Thanks Guys for the Reveiws :clap: I hope to hear more,,, and I will keep y'all updated to how its working out...

here's a couple of pics from AO South '09

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/wickedklown2/AO%20South/user795_pic480_1257784606.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/wickedklown2/AO%20South/user795_pic481_1257784606.jpg

WK2

SOUP
11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
The phenom sounds pretty solid from what I have heard.

I've played with some of you Hellions at White River Paintball before. It was at the "battle for Bastogne" scenario game. You wern't the guy that was parked next to me were you? I remember seeing an etac :D .

WickedKlown2
11-11-2009, 03:19 PM
The phenom sounds pretty solid from what I have heard.

I've played with some of you Hellions at White River Paintball before. It was at the "battle for Bastogne" scenario game. You wern't the guy that was parked next to me were you? I remember seeing an etac :D .

SOUP,,,

That would have been either 00Buckshot, Giggles (SlasherDan) or Splathappy with a E-Tac as they all own one... :)... I had to miss that game :(

WK2

koleah
11-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I wonder if you can still dig a trench with this one...

SSP REAPER
11-13-2009, 06:35 PM
shot the X7 Phenom today at my local shop and was impressed. It still has that Tippmann "Brick like" feel and you definately can dig a trench with it. It was easy to use and kinda fun. I liked that on full auto you needed to pull 3x a second to get it to trigger auto. Fun stuff. I was impressed!

Ando
11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Wow..Wicked...Fast track much :p You look pretty young for a E-8

WickedKlown2
11-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Wow..Wicked...Fast track much :p You look pretty young for a E-8

Ando

That is my rank on the Hellions Team,,, but I have been in the US Army for 17 years now and I am 35 :) ... Plus my real rank is E-6 working on W.O.C....

Take It Easy Brother :cheers:

WK2