PDA

View Full Version : Its A Good Start

Sneaky Sir
11-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Well, building my first mag ever, and I have to say its a dang good start so far. Just got the latest piece in today, so I figured its about time to show her off.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/Lehrke91/IMG_0176.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/Lehrke91/IMG_0178.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/Lehrke91/IMG_0180.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/Lehrke91/IMG_0179.jpg

Here's the list of everything so far on it:

-Ripper Body
-DW Dallara Rail
-Cerberus Airwalk Frame V2
-RPG Stick Grip
-RPG Sub-Zero Feedneck
-Angel Detents
-AKA Javelin Barrel (One of my all time favorite barrels)

It has an X-valve w/ ULT, Viperblade trigger, and a sleeper pneu system in line for it in the near future. I'm thinking a Cheater pneumag system if I can make it compatable. And it needs an anno job sometime too, maybe a black and lime green acid wash :clap:

And who makes the Ripper body anyways?

So.. what do you guys think?

SSP REAPER
11-12-2009, 04:07 PM
XmagTerror makes the ripper body

Sneaky Sir
11-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Ah so I was correct then since I had assumed it as an XMT when I first saw it.

xero28
11-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Looking good. I'm just not all too sold on the grip. I think if you're going to go with that one, it needs to be on an RT type rail. Just something about the way it overhangs. I think maybe a 15* with a black CP or RPG gas thru would look nice. I like the Cerberus frame/Ripper combo. Have fun cleaning that body up when it gets splattered by paint. ;) You'll love the cheater if you go in that direction, I know I love mine.
:cheers:

Sneaky Sir
11-12-2009, 04:15 PM
At first I had thought the same thing about the rail, but now that I see it all together, I'm falling for it :cheers:

And I don't lik 15* ASA's sadly so thats why its straight.

Been thinking of possibly just polishing up the Airwalk real nice and putting some clear panels on it and calling it good

Smoothice
11-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I like that set up. Looks great.

I am surprised how good that body looks with the rail.

I realize this may be a crime to even suggest. But...

You could totally cut off the overhang of the body flush with the rail. Then you would have an am/mm length ripper body :headbang:

Thats what I would consider doing at least...

Mr. Mouse
11-12-2009, 05:56 PM
all you need now is a valve and bolt to use it ;)

BSSJackal
11-12-2009, 06:28 PM
looks good. the airwal will make for a nice pnuemag set up. since you said your looking at getting some anodizing done, im in the middle of trying out kohn sports out of FL. their prices are good , if the quality is there i will PM a link to their site

Sneaky Sir
11-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Sounds good man, and thanks again for the Airwalk frame

correia3
11-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I like that set up. Looks great.

I am surprised how good that body looks with the rail.

I realize this may be a crime to even suggest. But...

You could totally cut off the overhang of the body flush with the rail. Then you would have an am/mm length ripper body :headbang:

Thats what I would consider doing at least...

First thing I thought too. Get rid of that "tongue" and it will look even better! It is a raw body, so if it is done right and polished afterward, it should look killer...I might also suggest having the "tail" removed from the back of the Airwalk, just to clean that area up a bit - Xero28 has a point. Not trying to bash your build, that is my Dallara rail on there, after all... :clap:

BSSJackal
11-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Sounds good man, and thanks again for the Airwalk frame

your very welcome , enjoy.

Dirge
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Just dumping all manner of mag stuff, aren't you? ;)

madcrisis
11-12-2009, 11:37 PM
whats the difference between a cheater pneumag and a reg pneumag?

Smoothice
11-12-2009, 11:40 PM
whats the difference between a cheater pneumag and a reg pneumag?

cheater is a drop in pnue manifold. 1 part that takes the place of 2. It requires only the tightening of your grip screws in most frames to be installed.

a reg pnuemag requires 2 seperate pieces that require some minor to excessive milling depending on frame to install.

BiNumber3
11-13-2009, 01:11 AM
I'd probably switch that RT asa for an am/mm style one, it'll fit better.
I also agree on the snatch grip on the airwalk tho, always looked odd to me, especially on rails with sloped backs like what you have.

madcrisis
11-13-2009, 08:11 AM
thats an awesome first mag!

i myself and trying to start my collection, i only have one atm :(

is there a how to on the cheater setup? i know about the regular pneumag set up but looking to get a classic automag and turn it into a sleeper pneumag. thanks

Sneaky Sir
11-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Here ya go Mad: A link to the production thread on the Cheater system: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246032&page=1

And I'm turning over some milling work in my head, going to leave it for now and play with it a bit once I finish with it to see what I want to do.

TeamBob
11-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Id cute the tongue, change up the 4grip, polish it out and call it a day. Very nice work my friend. Great looking gun :cheers:

Sneaky Sir
11-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Well just paid for my spot in the Cheater preorder build :cool:
Now I just need to wrangle up a bit more cash for an X-valve, direct mount CP ASA, and a tickler LPR and ths beast is ready to roll

Hmm...maybe I should try tracking down one of the scarce XM Terror Ripper rails and use the Ripper body in an Emag project instead :)

And then build an additional Pneumag :wow:

I think I got the magitis :bounce:

PaintballEngineer
11-16-2009, 01:57 AM
Well just paid for my spot in the Cheater preorder build :cool:
Now I just need to wrangle up a bit more cash for an X-valve, direct mount CP ASA, and a tickler LPR and ths beast is ready to roll

Hmm...maybe I should try tracking down one of the scarce XM Terror Ripper rails and use the Ripper body in an Emag project instead :)

And then build an additional Pneumag :wow:

I think I got the magitis :bounce:

Ya Think? :tard:

Looks good! For the record I kinda like the "tounge" :p

Ando
11-16-2009, 08:19 AM
I do 2. I like how it flows.

Sneaky Sir
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Well got out the ole drawing board last night and I'm going to see if I can machine my own AM/MM length Ripper Rail out on the CNC at school. Its going to be similar in design to the Emag length on the XM made with the bodies, but I'm going to cut the length longer then needed, and then adjust it for how I prefer it.

And depending on how the rail construction goes, will determine what happens to the snatch grip on the frame, and the tongue on the body.

To MasterCamX4 :ninja:

devildog
11-20-2009, 11:44 AM
It's ugly. Has no flow

behemoth
11-20-2009, 12:52 PM
It's ugly. Has no flow

this.

Needs an RT rail so the body and forgrip dont stick out past the front of the am/mm rail.

Hook
11-20-2009, 01:54 PM
It has an X-valve w/ ULT, Viperblade trigger, and a sleeper pneu system in line for it in the near future.

A Viperblade? All I see is a regular AGD blade trigger. The Viperblade doesn't have the same shape. Unless you have it and it isn't installed yet?

Looks great by the way!

Wrathbringer
11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
It has an X-valve w/ ULT, Viperblade trigger, and a sleeper pneu system in line for it in the near future.

Uhh, Hook... :D

I know I posted in this thread on MCB but I just have to say that thing looks dead sexy! In fact it rekindled my desire to own a Ripper body and rail to the point where I've preordered one in the Phoenix sale thread.

Sneaky Sir
11-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks Wrath, but yea at Hook, I plan to get a Viperblade and stuff for it, just ran out of cash for the time being.

And at Devildog and Behemoth, to each his own and I'm still working on this, the design will be changing quite a bit still.

And rail design is going pretty good, should finish drawing it either Monday or Tuesday once I can get back in the school. I'll post a pic of my drawing and see what you guys think.

And yes Wrath, I know how ya feel. I kinda want to pick up another Ripper body so then I can make a Ripper Emag and have a Ripper Pneumag :D