PDA

View Full Version : more lvl 10 classic valve problems

dman314
11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Well idk what I can do and Ive done everything I could think of. What my problem is, is that my gun will work for a while then all of a sudden it just stops. Its done this since I put the lvl10 on about 2 years ago. I had it working for a while and it was perfect for about 3 months then all of a sudden it started to get to where it had presure on the trigger but wont fire like the bolts sticking or something, it wont even chuff. I dont think its the carrier because Im using the same one I used back when it was working flawlessly. When it first started i changed orings ive tried different amounts of spacers and nothing will work. So what should I do?
Should I send it to someone to have it profesionally tuned? Or is it something small and simple that im just overlooking?

secretweaponevan
11-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Turn up your velocity.
Use oil.

If you push on the bolt with a squeegie and it recocks, you have bolt stick and need to move to a larger carrier.

dman314
11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Turn up your velocity.
Use oil.

If you push on the bolt with a squeegie and it recocks, you have bolt stick and need to move to a larger carrier.

Ive allready messed with the velocity and oiled it Ill air it up and see if the bolt is just sticking.

Coralis
11-12-2009, 07:43 PM
you may also need to look at replacing the main spring, 2 years using the same spring (depending how often you play) it may be getting weak.

Ando
11-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Could be your field strip screw. They sometimes need to be sweet spotted especially if you have after market parts.

Hand tighten it then using a allen key and start tightening it while you pull the trigger. Once it stats firing leave it be. That's your sweet spot. ;)

If not, install a lvl 7 and see if it fires. If it does, you have a lvl 10 problem somewhere.

Edit:

I have a setup where I literally have to tighten down the field strip screw with a allen key till it won't move anymore to get it to shoot, all due to after market rail and body setup.

athomas
11-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Well idk what I can do and Ive done everything I could think of. What my problem is, is that my gun will work for a while then all of a sudden it just stops. Its done this since I put the lvl10 on about 2 years ago. I had it working for a while and it was perfect for about 3 months then all of a sudden it started to get to where it had presure on the trigger but wont fire like the bolts sticking or something, it wont even chuff. I dont think its the carrier because Im using the same one I used back when it was working flawlessly. When it first started i changed orings ive tried different amounts of spacers and nothing will work. So what should I do?
Should I send it to someone to have it profesionally tuned? Or is it something small and simple that im just overlooking?If its always done this since you installed the level 10, then the problem is probably that you have a carrier installed that is one size too tight. Go to the next larger carrier. Remove the shims when making any adjustments. They can induce a shim leak that could be misinterpreted as a carrier that is too big. If this happens, you would be using a carrier that is too tight in order to stop that leak. If you have changed the white powertube oring in the carrier, you will need to retune. The carriers tune the tension on the oring not the rest of the gun. So, the carrier adjustment is specific to the installed oring only. If you change the oring, you will need to change carrier to adjust the tension on the new one.