PDA

View Full Version : Raid on Berlin paintball field / players

Lohman446
11-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Thoughts?

Paintball Under Siege In Berlin!!!!!!!!

My friend who is playing a tournament in an big indoor hall in Berlin today just called me. SWAT teams just stormed the paintball hall and right now over 100 paintballers are trapped inside. The police are checking all their guns and the ones that can be adjusted over 220fps (something ) will be taken and destroyed. Might even be some arrests!!!
What kind of country would do this to people who only are out to have fun. Not hurt anyone or do any damage.
The police should be focusing on catching drug dealers, killers and crazy mob people instead.
Germany = free country??? Donīt think so!!!
This whole thing has been filmed and will come up on you tube later on this thread.
Thanks for your time.
Maximus Lundqvist
Stockholm JOY

punkncat
11-16-2009, 09:01 AM
My thought is that it is an enforced law in their country, and in order to verify it is being followed that have to take steps to ensure it from time to time.
If the populance as a whole isn't happy with the law that thier represenatives put in place, they need to create the interest in having it changed.

Lohman446
11-16-2009, 09:09 AM
I am not in disagreement - its not like this is a never enforced or unkown law in Germany. It sucks, but it is in the books and from my understandings in the past (from Maghog if IIRC) its a pretty well known law. That being said a strict reading of some states firearms laws puts paintball markers as firearms too.

If, as I have heard, the rule involves energy imparted by the projectile, we might just have had our first illustration from the .50 promotors about the advantage.

Ando
11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
I have no clue if this story is legit but what was going around when I was there is before Hitler took over, he had a small "group of people" basically a army (Michigan militia :p ), which had weapons and performed training maneuvers out in the woods with those weapons, basically what we do in woods ball which was the big thing back in the 90's. Think they were calling themselves a gun club or something along those lines. Anyways, slowly but surly things spiraled out of control for the Gov to handle. They put him in jail to try and squash the revolt but we all know the outcome.

So is the reason the German officials are paranoid to all hell about PB. I'm sure I'm missing and got some of the story wrong (been 12 years), but all in all that's was the one story everyone knew about when I was there probably cause it made the most sense.

It really was a big deal in the late 90's. We were told to completely disassemble the marker and scatter it all over your vehicle before leaving the base in case you got pulled over by the polize. Those guys don't screw around either. If you resist they'll billy club you unconscious. It was bad enough that a few companies made it mandatory for soldiers to keep their markers in the armory.

CatoRockwell
11-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Viva La Revolution!

Just one more example that our world has taken another tyrannical turn.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. "

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Too long have we all lived in carnal security, let freedom ring. If our laws (be they german or american) no longer uphold our dearest freedoms for which so many have fought and died it is our right, nay our duty to abolish the laws of that government and establish a new one which will uphold our freedoms. Every being has a right to decide for himself which government suites him best. :headbang:

cdc120602
11-16-2009, 12:12 PM
It really was a big deal in the late 90's. We were told to completely disassemble the marker and scatter it all over your vehicle before leaving the base in case you got pulled over by the polize. Those guys don't screw around either. If you resist they'll billy club you unconscious. It was bad enough that a few companies made it mandatory for soldiers to keep their markers in the armory.

When I was there in 2005, the post in Kitzingen had a paintball field complete with rental 98s. I got hit a time or three the day I played there and I can tell you the velocity was over 220. We did have to keep any weapons (to include swords, knives, BB/pellet guns and paintball guns) in the arms room.

Ando, the Polizei have upgraded to ASP collapsible batons. Some of them even have the springy ones. I've seen (not felt) them in action and I can tell you they're worse than billy clubs! I miss Germany though. It's hard to beat a real hefeweissen!