PDA

View Full Version : Cheater pneumag vs original style pneumag q's

stircrazzzy
11-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Forgive me if this has been covered, but I've been doing some searching. I'm going to build a new pneumag after I get home from my current deployment. I've already built one on parts from Cyberave68 and an intelliframe. Now I want to go the "sleeper" style, hopefully with one of the new Tuna 90' frames, but possibly on a Chimera.

My specific questions are concerning both styles of pneumagging. The pro's and con's of each, and how they function differently. If there's anyone that has personal experience with both systems, your input would especially be appreciated. Thanks!

xero28
11-17-2009, 05:53 PM
I've done both. I liked doing the Cyber kit install because it was fun to tinker and get everything set up right. That being said, it does take some time and tooling (at least with an intelli) to get it how you want it, so if you aren't mechanically inclined, it may not be the system for you. To be honest with you, I didn't spend a whole lot of time using the setup as I traded it off soon after it was completed, but I was very pleased with how it ran, very light trigger pull and quite fast. The entire kit from Cyber also runs about 1/2 of what a Cheater does, so that is something else to take into consideration.

I currently have a Cheater, and I LOVE IT. It is really a no brainer when it comes to installing it, just slide it in and hook it up. It will take you longer to get the grips off of the frame than it does to install it. The only tooling I had to do on mine was drill out a channel in the rail for the LPR hose, but, if you go with the LPR on the asa, then you don't have to worry about this. Also, the Cheater is basically both the MSV-2 and MPA-3 built into one, so there is a TON of space left in the frame, plenty for a sleeper. There is also only one air line, from the LPR to the Cheater, whereas with the Cyber Kit there is one from the LPR to the MSV-2, then one from the MSV-2 to the MPA-3. Also, since the Cheater has a larger piston to actuate the sear, you can run on a lower pressure from the LPR.

So, as far as what each one does, I believe they are essentially the same. You will be able to get an easily walkable trigger out of either one when set up correctly. I think it will just come down to how much you want to have to work on the project and how much you want to spend as well.

:cheers:

leloup
11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Are there any pics of cheaters? Who sells them?

I personally did the regular cyber kit, and it was not too hard. Took a little bit of time to get everything adjusted right.

stircrazzzy
11-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey, thanks for the good writeup. At this point, I may do a cheater kit in my chimera, and a cyber kit in the new Tuna 90' frame. Why not? Have both to mess with :clap: Thanks again man.

gremlin75
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Are there any pics of cheaters? Who sells them?

I personally did the regular cyber kit, and it was not too hard. Took a little bit of time to get everything adjusted right.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246032