PDA

View Full Version : automag pump conversion

soilent green
02-04-2002, 03:11 PM
A freind of mine told me he heard of a mag conversion to pump I found it hard to beleive that it was possible if anyone knows anything about this or has any ideas please let me know

synreal
02-04-2002, 03:16 PM
yes, they exist, no, they aren't a good idea. do a search, there are a few of them still floating around.

soilent green
02-04-2002, 05:56 PM
where could I find anymore info ?

Hexis
02-04-2002, 06:01 PM
The pump kit is a pretty simple deal. It uses a wave spring to create artificial bolt stick. The pump arm, simply pushes the bolt all the way back so the valve will recharge and the next round will chamber.

If your mag is from the era when the pump kit was available, the main rail will have a long slot milled in it. Looking at it from the top, the slot will be on the left side and go all the way up. The main body will also have an enlarged sear hole, for the pump arm to un-stick the bolt. If your mag doesn't have these features trying to get a pump kit will be much more trouble (and prob more than it's worth).

Paintchucker
02-04-2002, 06:44 PM
I have always kinda been interested in the automag pump, so I read the posts as they pass by. I think the biggest problem is finding the pump arm/rod itself. I think someone said there were serveral kits sitting at AGD in the way back of the warehouse, but that there were no pump arms.

That brings up a good question. Where do old paintball guns go when they die? They gotta go somewhere. Do they end up at gunshows, pawn shops, or just plain thrown away? How many paintball guns were made by 1997 and where did they all go??? :confused:

Hexis
02-04-2002, 06:53 PM
Actually the part that's missing is the pump rod.