PDA

View Full Version : Angel/ Warp question

Smokee_2_7
02-04-2002, 03:33 PM
I just got my warp in, and am currently deciding how i want to set up the power supply. I will be intellifeeding the warp to my angel, and was considering doing the parallel mod with (ultimately) two metal hydride batteries in the warp. Then, i got to thinking. . . what about the angel battery? I know that rev's are powered off the angel battery all the time, with still a ton of shots on the battery. Why not run the warp off the big ol' angel battery?

So my question is has anyone done this? about how many shots could i expect to get off the battery with it hooked up like this?

Finally, what would be the best way to do this? Im considering splicing into the battery wires on the board side of the power switch. . . this would make it to where id have to have the gun on for the warp to work, but thats kinda a no-brainer for playing, anyway. Besides, I wouldnt have to install an on/off on the warp if i did this. I would just have a big (heat shrink wrapped) bundle of 4 wires running out of my grip frame. one plug going into the sensor port, and another rigged up to connect the power supply. I think this would work out well. Any comments, ect. are welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Carl

unseenunheard
02-04-2002, 05:01 PM
got a warp, cool, now ya just need to come out and play, are you gonna be working this weekend?
might see if i could possibly get you, to maybe if you aren't busy, to help me with my cocker some time

Smokee_2_7
02-04-2002, 05:13 PM
Im pretty sure ill be working this weekend. I was there saturday just about all day. Id be happy to help you with your cocker. Right now my 'fun project' is to get all this warp stuff set up just like i want it. . it minimize weight and maximize power and efficency.

Catch ya later.

Carl

unseenunheard
02-04-2002, 05:19 PM
i was their sat for about 10 min picking up a part for my spyder, played sunday. i'll see ya their this weekend

Smokee_2_7
02-06-2002, 10:16 AM
Up.

Anyone know about this stuff?

Butterfingers
02-06-2002, 10:38 AM
The angel batt wont have enough voltage or current to spin the warp fast enough. The Intelifeed angel only needs to turn the revy impeller 1/4 turn. Not much at all.

Scorch
02-06-2002, 11:34 PM
Its a great combo.

Here are pics of my old angel as I installed an Interlink (thru the intellifeed rail :) ). As you can see from the pics, I ran both intellifeed controlled custom rev (actually spinning with 18v power for the eye and intelli commands ;) ) and the Interlinked WarpFeed. Now, I think the TurboRev upgraded rev is better than intellifeed. The interlink is absolutely critical for success on the Angel.

With the Angel controlling the rev spins, you can use the very shortest dwell on the Warp. This will increase you battery life.
http://www.gravitypaintball.org/html/interlink.htm

http://www.gravitypaintball.org/images/playerpic/scorch-warp5l.jpg

http://www.gravitypaintball.org/images/playerpic/scorch-warp5r.jpg

http://www.gravitypaintball.org/images/playerpic/scorch-warp5f.jpg

Hope that helps!
Scorch

Smokee_2_7
02-07-2002, 12:06 AM
yes, this helps a ton. however, i looked at my old battery for my LCD, and noticed it's only a 6volt. Is the Metal hydride the same (too lazy right now to crack the gun open and check.) if so, how is that enough to spin the warp, to which you can hit with 12volts?

How did you do it? here's what im envisioning:

doing the intellifeed mod as described on AGD's website.

THen, splicing into the battery wires before they go into the angel board. Run these wires out of the grip, into a plug that i will make, so the power supply can be plugged and unpluged from the side of the battery casing. or, i might just go directly to some 9 v snaps, which would be connected to the original 9 v snaps inside the battery compartment.

Would this work?

*edit* i think i just realized that you dont have your warp being POWERED off the angel battery. This is what im wondering about. Any ideas?

Scorch
02-07-2002, 07:03 AM
RobAGD can confirm my next statement... Angels are very inconsistent in the voltage they send to the solenoid. Some angels give as low as 2v and some as high as 5... Even taping into it to trigger the warp is a little sketchy. I believe Rob has had a few that may have been on the low side and the normally benign interlink caused problems.

As for powering the warp from the angel... I wouldn't do it. Sapping that much juice from the Angel's brain is possible but very likely to cause it to "get upset". Voltage variations will probably cause the Angel to shut down or not shoot.

It's pretty cool that AGD put such a hearty power source in the Emag. The wiring in the emag is also more powerful and :) correctly colored (red = power & black or white = ground).

I almost made a mistake while splicing into my Angel 'cause I looked at the wire's color instead of tracing it from the board. Be careful.

The best solution I can think of for using fewer batteries... Intellifeed Rev and the 10.5v Rechargeable from AGD Europe. Using the warp interlink from the Angel will ensure the warp will spin on every shot.

Using a two 9v's in your rev with a TurboRev upgrade will give you better performance than the intellifed rev. :)

Scorch

Smokee_2_7
02-07-2002, 10:59 AM
Ahhh. . THATS's exactly what i was looking for. Thank you. At anyrate, now it looks like a turborev and metal hydride's in parallel for the warp. Of course powered by an interlink from the angel.

Thanks for helpin me out.

Carl