PDA

View Full Version : Possible issue with the MacDev Droid...?

Frizzle Fry
11-21-2009, 06:36 PM
So I'm sure everyone has seen the ads for Verizons new "Droid", a better-than-smart Motorola phone that operates on Google's Android platform... It's actually a great piece, I just got mine and I've enjoyed it immensly. Heck I've even posted on here with it.

One thing I noticed on the packaging was a small footer that stated that the word "Droid" is property of Lucasfilm Ltd, and is used with their licensing. Upon further inspection of the commercials, I noticed that there were more notes clarifying that Lucasfilm owns the rights to the word "Droid" and had licensed it out to Motorola/Verizon/Google.

My questions is this; has MacDev been in touch with Lucasfilm? Are they big enough for Lucasfilm to take notice? What happens if they do?

going_home
11-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Had my Android based G1 phone over a year now. Love it ! Never going back to Windows Mobile again ! Love the HTC phones too. Thread hijack /

fsrxc1
11-21-2009, 07:27 PM
So I'm sure everyone has seen the ads for Verizons new "Droid", a better-than-smart Motorola phone that operates on Google's Android platform... It's actually a great piece, I just got mine and I've enjoyed it immensly. Heck I've even posted on here with it.

One thing I noticed on the packaging was a small footer that stated that the word "Droid" is property of Lucasfilm Ltd, and is used with their licensing. Upon further inspection of the commercials, I noticed that there were more notes clarifying that Lucasfilm owns the rights to the word "Droid" and had licensed it out to Motorola/Verizon/Google.

My questions is this; has MacDev been in touch with Lucasfilm? Are they big enough for Lucasfilm to take notice? What happens if they do?

Yes they have....nothing happened:) Now they make the Clone...the name droid has been discontinued

Frizzle Fry
11-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes they have....nothing happened:) Now they make the Clone...the name droid has been discontinued

Well, the Clone isn't exaclty the same as the Droid, it's smaller and meaner :cool:

I had no idea the Droid was discontinued, though.

going_home
11-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, the Clone isn't exaclty the same as the Droid, it's smaller and meaner :cool:

I had no idea the Droid was discontinued, though.

I'd rather have one of their Drones than any of their other markers.
Pretty sweet woods marker. Easier to maintain from what I have read and heard.

;)

Frizzle Fry
11-21-2009, 10:27 PM
I'd rather have one of their Drones than any of their other markers.
Pretty sweet woods marker. Easier to maintain from what I have read and heard.

;)

I put a hopper through, and liked it. I'd rather shoot an E-Tac, or even just a TacOne, but that's definately up there on my woodsball electro foodchain. It surprised me; I sorta fell in love with the Mtac and frankly I think the Drone was almost as good (I didn't like the balance so much).

going_home
11-26-2009, 11:20 AM
I put a hopper through, and liked it. I'd rather shoot an E-Tac, or even just a TacOne, but that's definately up there on my woodsball electro foodchain. It surprised me; I sorta fell in love with the Mtac and frankly I think the Drone was almost as good (I didn't like the balance so much).

But the M-Tac is $995.00 and the Drone is $499.00 (on Ebay right now).
If you have shot both and the only thing you found you didnt like about the Drone was balance
then the price difference would make it a no brainer to me.
And the air efficiency of the Drone compaired to an Etac or Tac One is major.
Although I couldnt afford any of them right now lol.

:rolleyes: