PDA

View Full Version : Bike grip I.D.

gremlin75
11-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know the Internal diameter of the AGD bike grip?

later
gremlin

skyless
11-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Are you talking about the rubber part? If so it's .875". Took some measurements a few days ago, thinking of putting one over a micro rock lpr to disguise it as a foregrip.

Just rechecked and it's more like .850, and will flex to .875 pretty easy.

maniacmechanic
11-21-2009, 11:30 PM
about .450 inside at the top , 1/8" pipe threads at the bottom , about .340 inside the thread
What ya thinkin about ??

gremlin75
11-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Are you talking about the rubber part?

Yeah sorry I did a half arse job os asking that question. That is what I ment but I guess it would have been easier for me just to ask the OD of the actual aluminum gas threw part

What ya thinkin about ??

Trying to figure out if there is a way to get a micro rock to fit inside the grip. I knew it couldn't just screw in threw the top, but was thinking if the inside was large enough then the bottom could be cut off, have a cap made that the rock would screw onto, then slide it in (after the inside of the gas threw was milled out). But if the ID of the grip (well rubber part of the grip) is only 0.850 then that isnt going to work since the O.D. of the rock is 0.880

later
gremlin

skyless
11-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Why not use an Asa to remote adaptor to connect the lpr to vert Asa?

gremlin75
11-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Why not use an Asa to remote adaptor to connect the lpr to vert Asa?

Basically I want to do a sleeper so I want it concealed some how. My first choice is getting it in the intelliframe but I'm just trying to see other options.

Though as I type this I'm thinking about what you said. The asa to remote adapter might be a good idea. I could then have a sleeve made to go over it that would screw into the asa.......hummmmmmmmmmmmm :cool:

Thnaks for the idea :headbang:

later
gremlin

skyless
11-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Ya I've been working the same thing myself. I have been looking for some place to sell me ID .875 carbon fiber tuning to use as a sleave, but noone seems to be willing to sell me anything less then 60".
When I get my frame back from zap I'll take pics of the microrock connect via remote adaptor and sleaved in a bikegrip. I'm #31 so it still may take a while.

gremlin75
11-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Ya I've been working the same thing myself. I have been looking for some place to sell me ID .875 carbon fiber tuning to use as a sleave,

LOL, great minds think alike. I was just searching for CF tubing. I'm looking at making a mag with too much CF. CF body by warped, CF barrel, and CF foregrip :rofl:

mcmaster-carr has carbon tube that has an in od 1.00" but the wall thickness is only 0.05"

skyless
11-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Haha that's funny, just sent you a pm.