PDA

View Full Version : X-mag short stroking

GRimm
11-22-2009, 03:32 AM
I recently purchased an X-mag a few months ago and I noticed a problem. When in E mode it will shortstroke every so often (about 2 out of every 10 shots). It only does this when im walking it fast, Ive tried adding some oil, adjusting the trigger rod and checked the solinoid plunger to make sure it was to spec, I also tried using another valve and it still did the same thing.

The x has a fireblade trigger and 3.2 software. Any help would be much appreciated.

- GRimm

Frizzle Fry
11-22-2009, 04:31 AM
Did you tune the level 10 yourself?

GRimm
11-22-2009, 05:12 AM
I did not tune the xvalve myself, but I know that the rt pro valve that I tried does not short stroke, so I doubt its the valve.

Ando
11-22-2009, 06:03 AM
DWELL and FIX set properly

GRimm
11-22-2009, 02:50 PM
How would I set those? Also what is SHBF, shot buffer?

Watcher
11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
I did not tune the xvalve myself, but I know that the rt pro valve that I tried does not short stroke, so I doubt its the valve.

I tuned the lvl10, but it didn't need tuning. It is working fine, on the biggest carrier without leaking, two shims, using the medium spring, stops nice and the reg is set correctly. I even put his valve in my Pro and it shot fine.

When we put my Pro valve in the X it started short stroking... So it should be something in the gun. If it isn't the electronics or the sear, can it be that the frame/body itself is out of tolerance or something?

FA22RaptorF22
11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
DWELL and FIX set properly
This ^

Ando
11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
How would I set those? Also what is SHBF, shot buffer?

Hmm...you can't due to the software ver.

Unless you guys see something unusual on the body I don't see it being a tolerance issue. I'm sure Watcher has a set of lowers, test it out.

EDIT: You know what. I remember someone back in the day having an issue like this and come to find out it was a battery issue. Leave that thing on the charger all night and ck the voltage in the morning.

GRimm
11-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I doubt its a tolerence issue with the body/frame, as it is in near perfect condition. I also wanted to add that the ace board is not working, or at least that is what i was told from the person I bought it from. I have not had time to test it out myself to see what was wrong with it. Is it possible that the ace board is trying to interupt the firing cycle and failing even though i have it set at ACE 0?

Watcher
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Hmm...you can't due to the software ver.

Unless you guys see something unusual on the body I don't see it being a tolerance issue. I'm sure Watcher has a set of lowers, test it out.

I wish :rolleyes:

Ando
11-22-2009, 05:10 PM
I also wanted to add that the ace board is not working, or at least that is what i was told from the person I bought it from. I have not had time to test it out myself to see what was wrong with it. Is it possible that the ace board is trying to interupt the firing cycle and failing even though i have it set at ACE 0?

Pull the plug out the board and try it out. If it's fried like most are it might be causing issues.