PDA

View Full Version : E-Tac, other electronic mags, or modding

jeriahsharin
11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I've been playing with my mag for years, modifiying it as I went. My current set up:

mini mag w/a Tac-One rail and body
X-valve lvl 10
ULT trigger
Warp Left

I'm finally looking at making the jump to an electronic version of my gun, and the last time I looked into it, AGD was making the E-Tac. Went to their site, and no E-Tac - in fact, it doesn't look like they're currently selling any electronic mags. Is my only option to modify my mag to be electronic? I'm not exactly against that - it may even be the more affordable way to go, and since I'd rather have an e-Tac than any other electronic mag, if I can't get one, modding my gun looks even more attractive. My reasons for going with an e-Tac, after all, included keeping things like my current Warp, etc.

Anyone know if AGD is/has plans to offer electronic mags for sale in the future? Or why they apparently stopped?

I saw the FAQ thread above, and the suggestions re: modding to electronic. What are people's experience with that? Do it yourself? Have it done? Which of the many options did your prefer and why?

Thanks.

SSP REAPER
11-22-2009, 01:45 PM
if your not opposed to spending a little coin... here you go :D

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247048

Frizzle Fry
11-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Anyone know if AGD is/has plans to offer electronic mags for sale in the future? Or why they apparently stopped?

/CanOfWorms

They made emags, they made Xmags, they made Etacs...

Then they stopped, because they wanted to avoid a legal battle with some liars and cheaters.

GRimm
11-22-2009, 03:03 PM
You can still upgrade to an e-tac, you just wont be able to get a new set of e-lowers. There are usually some in the BST, you might even be able to get someone to part out an emag/etac. Or if you have the cash, you could buy the etac in SSP REAPERs link.

Ohh, and if you do pick up some e-lowers you will need to remove the ult from you xvalve.

Ando
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Ohh, and if you do pick up some e-lowers you will need to remove the ult from you xvalve.
....and get the proper on/off pin. You "can" use a ULT but it's a giant behemoth huge gargantuan pain in the back side to get right. I have one in mine but like I said...