PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Lapco barrels?

Shirow
11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Just curious on anyones experience. I'm tempted to pick one up. I like the look and I've heard good things. Specifically I'd be getting a .687 bigshot.

-Z3R0-
11-22-2009, 03:50 PM
I have a Bigshot on my Grey Ghost (seeing as it's stock), and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a little on the louder side, but that means it's also on the efficient end of the spectrum. The .689 bore size is a little big for the paint I usually shoot, but that's sort of a regional thing I guess. It's a fairly light barrel, very nice finish both inside and outside, and it even looks cool! :p

Watcher
11-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Great barrels, I don't think there is a better 1-piece in existance!

Got one for my 98 a few years ago, then sold off my J&J.

Just recently got a Grey Ghost and it came with a .687 Bigshot. Shoots darts!

Still looking for one for my TL automag, and I'm definitely going to get one for my new Micromag (probably a Microshot .684, but if not then a Bigshot .687... maybe both)

There are a lot of good features about them, like they crowned the muzzle for an inch (increased ID) so if you turf the barrel and somehow bend it a little, it probably won't cause problems with the paint.
The finish is excellent, the material is excellent, the barrel is even inscribed with the name of the threads!
They are also very effecient barrels, since the porting is at the muzzle. Affective barrel length is kept until about the last 2 inches.

Only two downside I see are that it is a bit of a heavier barrel, and that they are loud since all of the porting is in the last 2 inches... But I don't care about weight (I shoot an Automag!) and noise is something that I couldn't care less about. I like a nice, solid report.