PDA

View Full Version : Damn, that's a lot of assistants.

Frizzle Fry
11-22-2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/13827

Recession, Depression, What, Michelle Worry? Mrs. Obama Demands Small Army of Attendants
published by the Canada Free Press

First Lady requires more than twenty attendants
Dr. Paul L. Williams

“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said. “See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, “ Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn’t perform any official duties. But this hasn’t deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.

How things have changed! If you’re one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michele are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:

$172,2000 - Sher, Susan (CHIEF OF STAFF)
$140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND WHITE HOUSE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
$102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Winter, Melissa E. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$90,000 - Medina, David S. (DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (DIRECTOR AND PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
$75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND ADVANCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
Reinstein, Joseph B. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
$62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ADVANCE AND TRIP DIRECTOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Lewis, Dana M. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT AND PERSONAL AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
$52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
$50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT FOR SCHEDULING AND TRAVELING AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
$45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Tubman, Samantha (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR,SOCIAL OFFICE)
$40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (STAFF ASSISTANT TO THE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
Bookey, Natalie (STAFF ASSISTANT)
Jackson, Deilia A. (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)

We were wrong.

Michelle Obama, as we reported on July 7, is not served by twenty-two attendants who stand by to cater to her every whim.

She is served by twenty-six attendants, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.

The annual cost to taxpayers for such unprecedented attention is approximately $1,750,000 without taking into account the expense of the lavish benefit packages afforded to every attendant.

Little did American voters realize the call for “change” would result in the establishment of an Obama oligarchy.

The discovery of the additional attendants was made by D’Angelo Gore of factcheck.org and by calls to Katie McCormick Lelyyeld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary.

Mr. Gore launched his investigation of the First Lady’s staff in the wake of an article that appeared on thelastcrusade.org and Canada Free Press on July 7.

The article, which became a chain letter viewed by millions of Americans, reported that Michelle Obama requires more than twenty attendants - - more than any First Lady in U.S. History. It provided the following list of White House staff members assigned to the First Lady:

$172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
$140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
$113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
$102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
$102,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$90,000 - Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
$75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
$70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
$65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
$65,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
$62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
$60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
$60,000 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
$52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
$50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
$45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
$45,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
$40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
$36,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
$36,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
Readers throughout the country expressed outrage that Mrs. Obama would hire an unprecedented number of staffers in the midst of the Great Recession.

I'm not a huge fan of the Canada Free Press (Too Right) or Factcheck.org (Too Left), but all commentary aside this isn't really an opinion piece. Hell, Hilary Clinton took major flack for having 3 assistants (filling the same roles as this list of 26) because previous and following first ladies only had 1 or 2 assistants filling these roles, most of whom were payed out of the Presidents salary.

I'm just amazed that politicians get in trouble for $300 haircuts on their jet at a layover... I mean one haircut a week at $300, 52 weeks in a year, that's $15,600 yearly which isn't even close to $30,000+ for a personal hair assistant who flys around on your husbands work-plane with you :rolleyes:

grEnAlEins
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Oh Chicago Way, how I've missed you while half way across the country for school. Thank God you are now the national mantra, as now anywhere I go feels like home.

/Saw this one coming

going_home
11-22-2009, 09:26 PM
The queen of the world can do anything she wants.

Sad but funny picture \/

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/Yaish/Motivational/obamacare-demotivational-poster-124.jpg

that is all

/

doc_Zox
11-22-2009, 10:25 PM
people with unique spellings google up really easy

$36,000 - Jackson, Deilia A

She is a full time employee at a marketing firm in San Francisco.

Frizzle Fry
11-22-2009, 11:50 PM
...She also has a Washington DC "MyLife" account.

Her full LinkedIn profile lists her as a former employee of that firm, and she's an "Associate Director of Correspondence" which is essentially PR work... Sounds like a reasonable job for someone with experience in marketing, though there appear to be redundant positions on this reports list.

bornl33t
11-23-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm going to make a prediction here

drg will show up and say

"your wrong"
"conservatives are the devil"
"capitalism is hell"

then when you try to argue with him he'll say

"your facts were established by a institution with bias"

I'm going to start right now by saying

Your wrong

and your facts are biased

Hexis
11-23-2009, 01:19 AM
She is creating jobs! Yeah, that's it.

*sigh*

BobTheCow
11-23-2009, 02:31 AM

drg will show up and say

"your wrong"
"capitalism is hell"

Your wrong

I'm not picking sides one way or the other, but if you're going to argue the ignorance clause, please don't screw up grammar in regards to "you're" four times in a post.

teufelhunden
11-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm not picking sides one way or the other, but if you're going to argue the ignorance clause, please don't screw up grammar in regards to "you're" four times in a post.

Well, in fairness, there were three uses of "your" but only four were incorrect. The second instance is proper usage ("your facts..." is possessive and accordingly, should not be "you are/you're")

<3

grEnAlEins
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Well, in fairness, there were three uses of "your" but only four were incorrect. The second instance is proper usage ("your facts..." is possessive and accordingly, should not be "you are/you're")

<3
Also one was a direct quote, so I'll give BL the benefit of the doubt and assume he left out the "[sic]" after the quote :p

teufelhunden
11-23-2009, 12:23 PM
And in fairness to me i am a moron and transposed where "three" and "four" should be.

Glass houses and all it would seem

BigEvil
11-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Looks like we may have elected the wrong Obama.... Michelle seems to have created more jobs than her husband so far... :rolleyes: :rofl:

SCpoloRicker
11-23-2009, 02:43 PM

drg will show up and say

"your wrong"
"capitalism is hell"

Your wrong

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2292/thatsracist.gif

/fanning the flames

Frizzle Fry
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM

Your wrong

Who is this directed towards :confused:

Will Wood
11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I have not read a post in this thread.

I saw DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR FOR THE FIRST LADY.

Seriously. That's a really long title.

That is all I have to say. I tend to avoid political thread. But wtf. That name is too long.

Tunaman
11-23-2009, 03:54 PM
She needs them all. It takes a lot to get a Silver Back looking pretty. And after all of their efforts, she is still ugly as sin...
Kinda like putting lipstick on a pig... ;)

maniacmechanic
11-23-2009, 05:16 PM
She needs them all. It takes a lot to get a Silver Back looking pretty. And after all of their efforts, she is still ugly as sin...

:rofl:

drg
11-23-2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/michelle-obamas-staff/

No story here. Hillary Clinton had 19 and Laura Bush had 18-24.

Also one was a direct quote, so I'll give BL the benefit of the doubt and assume he left out the "[sic]" after the quote :p

Not too smart to give the benefit of the doubt to a person who obviously has no idea what the difference between your and you're is. You would not find a direct quote from me confusing the two because I don't. Language precision is an indicator of intelligence, IMO, particularly on the basic level "your vs. you're" represents.

grEnAlEins
11-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Not too smart to give the benefit of the doubt to a person who obviously has no idea what the difference between your and you're is. You would not find a direct quote from me confusing the two because I don't. Language precision is an indicator of intelligence, IMO, particularly on the basic level "your vs. you're" represents.
That was the purpose of the ":p" at the end there. ;) Apparently it was not noted though.

Language precision is an indicator of training. Intelligence and education are not one and the same, though the can be and often are related.

ArmyEngineer
11-23-2009, 08:41 PM

Yeah, Tuna went there. That just happened. I'm with maniacmechanic :rofl: :rofl:

drg, I saw this article a few days ago, and I was reminded of it by your reply. A true student of the flame.

Everyone, read this article before going any further. It will make you more adept at participating in this thread.

"Internet flame wars are very important parts of life and subsequently learning how to start one is part of being a complete human being. Herein is a guide to creating a flame war on the internet.[...]"

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2321840/how_to_start_a_flame_war_ways_to_annoy.html

Also see:
http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Win_An_Internet_Flame_War

grEnAlEins
11-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I have not read a post in this thread.

I saw DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR FOR THE FIRST LADY.

Seriously. That's a really long title.

That is all I have to say. I tend to avoid political thread. But wtf. That name is too long.
Th think that is a dual title. I think it is supposed to read Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events/Coordinator for the First Lady.

This is promoting cost efficiency in government, because one person is doing two jobs :rolleyes:

wetwrks
11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Language precision is an indicator of training. Intelligence and education are not one and the same, though the can be and often are related.

Correct. I was messed over for life in spelling as public schools originally taught me to read and write phoenetically.

Knight = nit
knife = nif
(there should be a hard bar over the i in both of those examples instead of the dot)

As for intelligence...I am the fellow who found a mistake in the Mensa handbook.

ArmyEngineer
11-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Correct. I was messed over for life in spelling as public schools originally taught me to read and write phoenetically.

Knight = nit
knife = nif
(there should be a hard bar over the i in both of those examples instead of the dot)

As for intelligence...I am the fellow who found a mistake in the Mensa handbook.

Fact for the day:
The dot over the i or other diacritic mark is called a tittle. That's a great word.

grEnAlEins
11-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Fact for the day:
The dot over the i or other diacritic mark is called a tittle. That's a great word.
Agreed. I love tittles :D

bornl33t
11-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm surprised you didn't catch my lack of capitalization, incorrect punctuation....I mean if you really wanted to discredit me those would also need be included right? But if I didn't do any of that wouldn't that mean I didn't really care? It would indicate I'm lazy right? IMO abbrev. are lazy. Assumptions are indicators of ignorance.

And he's not really siding with him, he's just siding against you. ;)

Besides if you really want to argue intelligence, then we could discuss this in German. Ich kann beides. Wenn du wirklich so schlau waerst haetest du nichts gesagt. So wie es jetzt staed lache Ich am lautesten.

Army
11-24-2009, 05:24 PM

Trying to not laugh aloud at work.................not successful.

Army
11-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I like the big tittles...