PDA

View Full Version : LVL X goof up

Ebbed
11-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Before taking on my pneu project I put the next smallest carrier in my lvl X one night after reading going a carrier down can be softer on paint at the risk of bolt sticking. NOW I forgot I did this and recently had been experiencing some bolt stick, when I remembered I did this I went to go back up to the original carrier but that carrier is now causing leaking. Does this mean I’m stuck with the occasional "stickyness" until my o-ring wears and conforms a little better?
Yes, it is well oiled.

EDIT: The bolt stick isn't bad its like once every 8 shots or so and not enough to stop the bolt, it just vents and resets almost like it hit a blockage.

maniacmechanic
11-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Before taking on my pneu project I put the next smallest carrier in my lvl X one night after reading going a carrier down can be softer on paint at the risk of bolt sticking. NOW I forgot I did this and recently had been experiencing some bolt stick, when I remembered I did this I went to go back up to the original carrier but that carrier is now causing leaking. Does this mean I’m stuck with the occasional "stickyness" until my o-ring wears and conforms a little better?
Yes, it is well oiled.

EDIT: The bolt stick isn't bad its like once every 8 shots or so and not enough to stop the bolt, it just vents and resets almost like it hit a blockage.

Oil & cycles , wear it in

Ebbed
11-24-2009, 08:02 PM
that's exactly what i suspected. Thanks man.

Tunaman
11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
or try a new oring and start over.