PDA

View Full Version : Statement to forum disigners

sangreti
11-25-2009, 03:29 PM
This forum is iPhone unfriendly. The forum chat and resorces bar blocks the password bar :/. Just a thought

Frizzle Fry
11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Just a thought, buy a Droid.

:cool:

vf-xx
11-25-2009, 03:33 PM
My WinMo phone never had any problems with the forum.

Sounds like the iphone isn't living up to the hype.

Really, hardware should be designed to a common software standard, not the other way around.

BigEvil
11-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Im pretty sure the software AO uses is about 8 or 9 years old so you gotta figure things like that are going to be problems for some people.

going_home
11-25-2009, 03:49 PM
You should have known you would start an Iphone hate thread when you posted that. Get a T-Mobile G1 man. This was posted from. My G1 :D

Frizzle Fry
11-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Im pretty sure the software AO uses is about 8 or 9 years old so you gotta figure things like that are going to be problems for some people.

I guess, but I've never had a problem with my old LG Chocolate, my brand new Droid, my ex girfriends Blackberry Curve and later Blackberry Storm. I've also successfully used AO on my friends Sidekick and my coworkers HTC Touch. Those are some the more popular (but not by and means all) of the web-capable phones that've been around for the last couple years.

I've avoided the Iphone and gone with other models/manufacturers because Apple refuses to design their phones to be "friendly" with existing technology, and instead expects the entire internet to update to being "friendly" with their phones.

Sumthinwicked
11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
i can post from my bolder phone im just sayin....

Shirow
11-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I guess, but I've never had a problem with my old LG Chocolate, my brand new Droid, my ex girfriends Blackberry Curve and later Blackberry Storm. I've also successfully used AO on my friends Sidekick and my coworkers HTC Touch. Those are some the more popular (but not by and means all) of the web-capable phones that've been around for the last couple years.

I've avoided the Iphone and gone with other models/manufacturers because Apple refuses to design their phones to be "friendly" with existing technology, and instead expects the entire internet to update to being "friendly" with their phones.

I use it on my Blackberry but it's definitely not enjoyable. I've often wished the forum had a mobile version but never bothered to ask :)

sangreti
11-25-2009, 04:41 PM
" buy a droid " sure I'll let you buy me one I'd pefrer a winmoble or andorid system though I do like that my custom firmware allows me to use the unix core

drg
11-25-2009, 05:15 PM
My WinMo phone never had any problems with the forum.

Sounds like the iphone isn't living up to the hype.

Really, hardware should be designed to a common software standard, not the other way around.

WinMo FTW :)

Frizzle Fry
11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
" buy a droid " sure I'll let you buy me one I'd pefrer a winmoble or andorid system though I do like that my custom firmware allows me to use the unix core

I was just raggin' on ya. :p

robnix
11-25-2009, 05:50 PM
This forum is iPhone unfriendly. The forum chat and resorces bar blocks the password bar :/. Just a thought
Must be you. I'm posting this from my iPhone. The login page looked just like it should. I'll log out and get screenshots.

beam
11-25-2009, 06:04 PM
This url puts it in a PDA format.

http://www.automags.org/forums/archive/index.php/

highhorse1983
11-25-2009, 06:29 PM
I haven't had to many problems with my iPhone. I surf b/s/t's with it all the time and post up with it if there is something that I can't pass up. Of course phones get :shooting: if they don't do what I tell them to, computers to for that matter I have videos :D .

Smoothice
11-25-2009, 07:03 PM
my iphone works great on AO, BEO, MCB...

Much better then my HTC Tilt worked.

I resisted getting an Iphone for a few years and now I LOVE it.

Oh and by the way. I don't think the chat function works on any phone or pc. At least I've never tried...

Anybody here chatting it up in the chat room?

Frizzle Fry
11-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh and by the way. I don't think the chat function works on any phone or pc. At least I've never tried...

The only time I went to try it at all (before) was on my old Chocolate and it did not work. That said, it apparently does on my Droid.

Shirow
11-25-2009, 08:40 PM
This url puts it in a PDA format.

http://www.automags.org/forums/archive/index.php/

you rock