PDA

View Full Version : why do MAGS hate COCKERS?

Black Ice
06-05-2001, 02:22 PM
last sunday i played, only 3 guys showed, but it was a blast. a typhoon, a mag, and a cocker. the split is usually 4 mags, 1 cocker, and a typhoon, and the cocker player is the best. now why dont mag people and autococker people get along? paul (guy with a/c) and i are great friends. in fact, he's the guy that got me started with mags. let me use one he used to own. i admit, there's something about an a/c trigger that is so slick. and there's something about a mags simplicity and workhorse appeal that gets me. so why do people from each side always say which is better? sunday paul and i traded games. we took each other out every other game. typhoon guy was more just there for looks. never did anything. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif but thats not the point. so cant we all just stop saying how one sucks, how one is crap and finicky, and how one cant be messed with or its crap? i'll bet 20$ every one of you would play the same with a stock cocker or a stock mag, and shoot and run just the same. its an extension of ones personality. just let it go. but if the debate MUST go on, MAGS ROCK!!!!!

------------------
Oh, the power of Mags!

User
06-05-2001, 03:19 PM
The reason for "The Debate" is opinion. There are many reasons why 'cocker people would choose one over a 'mag, and vice versa for the 'mag people. You wouldn't want to buy a marker that DIDN'T appeal to you, would you?

If either marker was better than the other, I doubt people would use the lesser marker. And this is why the debate continues on. There really isn't a "better" marker. It's just based on what you think is better in terms of your interests within each marker.

If you hated customizing, timing, and tinkering, I would think you'd go with a 'mag. If you hated not being able to do everything to the marker, I would think you'd go with the 'cocker. To sum things up, it's what you like, and what you think is better for you.

bornl33t
06-05-2001, 07:10 PM
A few ignorant know it alls from both genere feel the need to exalt their gun by bashing the other ... thus the fight will go on into infinity because ignorant ppl will always exist... Just look at Ford and chevy... 20 years later cameros and mustangs battle it out.

MagMan5446
06-05-2001, 08:47 PM
I think it's cuz the prefix "auto" is on the front of each. Seriously, does any other gun rival about the same thing autocockers and automags rival about. And Black Ice, it would effect the way you shoot and run, one thing because they are different sizes and shapes, the a/c being bigger, and one is a sliding trigger (a/c) and an mag trigger you kindof pull upwards

PyRo
06-05-2001, 08:56 PM
Well, what heat said is true. Many people do feel the need to brag about their gun, and how much better it is than any others.
Another reason is that many people claim thier gun gets more range then others. This is for some reason especially previlant in cocker owners.

Restola
06-05-2001, 08:59 PM
well in a way during the rise of semi-auto competition and 'pro' teams you shot a mag or you shot a cocker. you could go left or right. there were no electros.

granted i wasnt around during the rise of semi tournys but i remember when the mag was THE GUN to own. and we all live today where the cocker is THE GUN for many little kids.

the pendulum swings. who cares.

zvanut
06-05-2001, 09:42 PM
Yes almost anyone here would agree that Mags Rule (me included) but cockers i think r equal. So keep the debate goin but, keep it friendly. BTW my teammate has a cocker and i have a mag and we get along just fine.

------------------
My Mag can beat your spyder w/ no paint.~~~me

Dont worry if it wasnt for losers like u, There couldnt be winners like me.~~~me

Beating u really takes no effort, just a ton of paint.~~~me

MagDog68
06-05-2001, 10:11 PM
This question always brings the PC/Mac argument to my mind. I always look at the MAG as the behemoth in the old days and then Microsoft comes along and makes the 'Cocker this titan among paintball guns.

Of course just like with computers, larger numbers doesn't necessarily mean a better product. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
MagdoG
Polished ReTro Mag, Polished Body Rail, Dye Double Trigger 45 Frame w/Pearl Grips, VL Silver Foregrip, 68ci Air America Apocalypse, 12v Revolution, 12" Aluminum Lapco Auto Spirit, 14" J&J Ceramic, 2X Stock 11"
-------------------------
Stock Automag 68
Stock 99 Rainmaker
I'd rather throw paint, than not shoot my MAG!

hitmanng
06-05-2001, 11:03 PM
Actually Black Ice the debate ended here a long time ago. We admit each has there advantages. In fact I have defended cockers to new members more than mags and I have never even shot one. You may see this debate elsewhere but here we say shoot what you like and worry about the game not the gun. That is by the way were the mag shines. Forgetting about the gun.
Respectfully
Hitmanng

------------------
"I would rather hit once than miss 140 times."

ReTroMagBoy
06-06-2001, 08:00 AM
sorry, but is it just me or does nobody else notice this "rivalry"? at fields i've played at people dont give a crap what your shooting but how well you play....oh and everyone i know also likes mags and cockers equally but prefers one over the other....

Restola
06-06-2001, 09:57 AM
as far as ive seen this is 100% an internet problem. ive seen people question "why did you buy that?", then the person will give a few reasons and thats it. ive never seen anyone made fun of because of their gun.

esteban
06-06-2001, 10:05 AM
I think its become more of a joke lately. I dont mind cockers one bit but still like to mess with people who own them. By the same token very often do I hear comments about my mag picken on me but in good fun.
Stobal

------------------

sawtan
06-06-2001, 10:24 AM
i agree with restola it is an iternet problem cause at my local field there are about 7 cocker owners and i am the only mag owner but none of them make fun of me and i don't make fun of them plus my best friend is gettin a cocker and its not like i am going to call him up and say "sorry u own a cocker so i can't be your friend" because i truly don't give a damn what gun u use i will only make fun of u if u suck at playing not because u have a gun i don't like.

------------------
um automags are cool is that a good signature i think yeah i guess so or should i be more creative oh well who cares

Low Down
06-06-2001, 01:52 PM
Black Ice,

It's quite simple, Mags rock, except for R/T's with black teflon bodies and funky little homemade drop forwards. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif j/k

Cockers also rock as long as paul doesn't touch them too much.

Also you get one guess who this is, i don't use a typhoon, i'm not incredably unreliable, and i didn't move to virgina. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

jewie27
12-25-2003, 05:23 AM
This will settle the debate forever.......

personman
12-25-2003, 06:04 AM
HOLY THREAD RESSURECTION

Sir_Brass
12-25-2003, 07:12 AM
I agree with everyone here on the mags vs. cockers issue. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Me, I prefer my PPS Blazer, so you could call me a cocker person, since I like automated pneumatically operated guns. Also, I own a WGP Sniper (now wishing I'd gone with an illusion, but the sniper is still great).

I've owned a mag before, and though I liked it (anyone in his right mind can't help but LIKE mags :D), but it wasn't me.

Now, I admit, if I could get an xmag or an ULE RT Pro or an emag, I'd go for it. I love mags, and I'd love to own another one, but when I can only afford to own two guns, I'll stick with my blazer and sniper. Also, my reason for this is that I just sold my HPA tank b/c I needed the $$ and now all I'll be running on for a while will be CO2. And most mags do NOT like CO2.

Gabriel
12-25-2003, 12:26 PM
hahaha.... 'just when you thought it was safe, it'S RESURRECTED!!!'

it's ok, i did this on onme of the 'other' pb forums to piss some timmy owners off.;)

Ginjiroku
12-25-2003, 01:10 PM
I like mags and cockers

DiRTyBuNNy
12-25-2003, 01:11 PM
I've had both guns in my long marker history...and they're both nice..and the ignorance of both groups about each other doesn't help either..oh well...

ExtremeODD
12-25-2003, 03:18 PM
i like both, yet ive never shot either, but ive held both :(