PDA

View Full Version : Help with my son's micromag & lvl X

fishmishin
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Okay so here is the deal, I gave my son a micromag with a E-lcd frame on it. I installed a lvl x kit on it, and it seemed to work great until I lost the roll pin for the detent, anti-double feed. I put it up for a couple of weeks while I was waiting for his birthday. Took it out charged the battery, and now the bolt won't reset every few shots, but if I give it a smack on the back of the valve it will reset. It has a brand new battery, I have moved to the largest carrier I can with out it leaking, and I am still getting bolt stick. One thing that I did notice that inside of the body the steel ring seems to be mushroomed out some on both sides, but if I look down the breech from the front I can't see it sticking into the breech. Also it doesn't have a rial bushing, and the hole in the body isn't large enough to put one in. I am contemplating on drilling the body out so I can install a bushing in it next. I also thought I remember seeing where some people had some problems using a lvl x in certain micromag bodies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because this thing is currently kicking my butt, lol.

Frizzle Fry
11-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Okay so here is the deal, I gave my son a micromag with a E-lcd frame on it. I installed a lvl x kit on it, and it seemed to work great until I lost the roll pin for the detent, anti-double feed. I put it up for a couple of weeks while I was waiting for his birthday. Took it out charged the battery, and now the bolt won't reset every few shots, but if I give it a smack on the back of the valve it will reset. It has a brand new battery, I have moved to the largest carrier I can with out it leaking, and I am still getting bolt stick. One thing that I did notice that inside of the body the steel ring seems to be mushroomed out some on both sides, but if I look down the breech from the front I can't see it sticking into the breech. Also it doesn't have a rial bushing, and the hole in the body isn't large enough to put one in. I am contemplating on drilling the body out so I can install a bushing in it next. I also thought I remember seeing where some people had some problems using a lvl x in certain micromag bodies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because this thing is currently kicking my butt, lol.

Gen1 and Gen2 Micromags often have serious bolt stick issues with the lvl10. Your best bet is to steel-wool the breech area to a good polished finish, and go from there. Also, my Micromags have always like heavy springs and odd carriers, so that's something to keep in mind.

Tunaman
11-28-2009, 04:25 PM
My suggestion would be to NEVER give a kid a gun like this.
First problem...E-LCD=junk
Second problem...E-LCD+Micromag body=worse junk/complete incompatability and a nightmare to work on.
Keep this one for your self and get him a regular mag that will be reliable. ;)

fishmishin
11-28-2009, 04:27 PM
My suggestion would be to NEVER give a kid a gun like this.
First problem...E-LCD=junk
Second problem...E-LCD+Micromag body=worse junk/complete incompatability and a nightmare to work on.
Keep this one for your self and get him a regular mag that will be reliable. ;)

Yeah it kinda has me thinking the same thing.