PDA

View Full Version : AGD Intelliframe vs RPG Triton?

Shirow
11-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Can anyone who has used both of these frames give me a rundown on your thoughts? I'm specifically contemplating picking up a Triton for my pneumag. I find the Intelliframe a bit hard to walk, I feel like if my hand was angled forward a little bit more it'd be a lot easier.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and tried a Triton? What did you think?

Appreciate any input! Thanks!

automagmasta
11-29-2009, 10:49 PM
use the triton for a pnue mag. MUCH easier to walk, and better looking too.

Smoothice
11-29-2009, 11:34 PM
I have not shot a triton. While I like the looks they seem to be a bit fat. (from trigger to back of frame). Maybe thats just in pics though.

I have found that a vert frame (or close to it) is more comfortable to hold but didn't impact my rate of fire.

I compared a finely tuned chimera pnue vs a finely tuned g-force pnue vs a finely tuned xmag.

They all had the same results. Right around 14 bps.

A-Tach-One
11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
I own and have used my Triton frame. I own and have used my intelli frame. I can tell you it is all about preference and what will feel best with your shooting style.

In my opinion the shape of the frame becomes more important when pulling single shots and not so much during higher rates of fire since I never fully grip the frame while walking the trigger. Between the two, I prefer the overall feel of the hybrid shape of the Triton. I also own a couple vert frames but do not care for the tallness or the feel of those. Trying them out for yourself will be the best route but I know that isn't always easy. Goodluck. - Eric :cheers:

Frizzle Fry
11-30-2009, 02:04 AM
I love my Triton, but when it comes to comfort (walking the trigger at least) I've always had more luck with a .45 or a 90* frame... The odd positioning of the Triton is wicked comfy to me (like a CCM 86*) but when I had it pneud I found that it didn't keep up with my intelli-pneu or emags because I couldn't move my fingers quite as fast (comfortably) with my wrist at that angle.

Gadget
11-30-2009, 02:39 AM
I've had both and prefer the Triton, it seems to put less pressure on the wrist and my fingers feel better positioned for walking.

Shirow
11-30-2009, 09:54 AM
I really wish I could try one, $120 is a lot for a test though :(

going_home
11-30-2009, 03:00 PM
I really wish I could try one, $120 is a lot for a test though :(
On the contrary, that's just barely more than a new Intellifrme direct from AGD. That's actually a great price. If you buy one and don't like it you won't lose any reselling it. Look in the BST and see if you can find a used one. You don't see very many used Tritons. People seem to hang onto them. ;)

Shirow
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
On the contrary, that's just barely more than a new Intellifrme direct from AGD. That's actually a great price. If you buy one and don't like it you won't lose any reselling it. Look in the BST and see if you can find a used one. You don't see very many used Tritons. People seem to hang onto them. ;)

Not debating the fact that the price is decent, just don't feel like dropping $120 to give it a shot. I'd have to get it powdercoated/re-annoed to match my dust black marker as well.

I only saw one used one, and the seller was asking $150 :p

That being said, I've struggled reselling some stuff lately that I thought would be an easy sale (like my warp feed) so I'm a little gun shy on that.

RogueFactor
11-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Not debating the fact that the price is decent, just don't feel like dropping $120 to give it a shot. I'd have to get it powdercoated/re-annoed to match my dust black marker as well.
Not all the AGD 'dust' matches. Youd have to get any frame re-anod if you want a match. If you want a dust Intelliframe though, I have one I will be posting up soon.

I only saw one used one, and the seller was asking $150 :p

That one has an upgraded trigger. New ones with the AGD triggers are $120(http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=4261). You can also find my opinions on the different angles in that thread.

Shirow
11-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Yep, understood.. I already have a powdercoated Intelliframe that matches my other stuff though :)

I really want to try one.. just really want to hold one first!