PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get shot in the LPR to adverse affect?

Shirow
11-29-2009, 11:00 PM
I think I've pretty much come to the conclusion I can't do a sleeper setup - I want to use a micro rock and I don't want a vert frame. This leaves me with two main options that I can see, LPR on the back ASA or LPR on the vert ASA. I'm contemplating putting it on my vert ASA and having my rail milled but has anyone ever got shot in the LPR and had issues with it? That's my biggest concern really...

I really wish someone would make an empty fake gas through grip you could hide an LPR inside..

Sneaky Sir
11-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't think it'd be that much of a problem getting shot. Cockers have had exposed LPR's since the beginning and I haven't seen any real issues with it. Might break a pneumatic line occasionally but besides that I don't see any other real danger.

If you could always get a luke's manifold and a emag battery housing and run an LPR inside there.

Shirow
11-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Hmm, very interesting, I didn't even know they existed.. I'd still have to find a battery pack though..

I'm really torn on the whole thing.. part of me thinks it is way cleaner to put it on your vert ASA but part of me thinks it makes more sense to just put it right next to the grip.. I just think it looks kinda dumb there.

Sneaky Sir
11-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Yea here's a link to it, its at the bottom of the page:

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0016.htm

And I'm sure Luke might be able to help you out with a battery pack possibly too. If not just browse the B/S/T's you could probably get one fairly easy by just posting a WTB thread for one

Frizzle Fry
11-30-2009, 01:49 AM
I've never taken an LPR hit on a mag or cocker, or even on my Tribal way back when... I've taken plenty of hopper hits and had my tank painted, but with the "LPR-under-the-barrel" setup my shooting stance makes it almost impossible to hit unless you're 10 feet awar and directly to my right (or left depending on which side of the bunker I'm shooting from).

Shirow
11-30-2009, 07:49 AM
I've never taken an LPR hit on a mag or cocker, or even on my Tribal way back when... I've taken plenty of hopper hits and had my tank painted, but with the "LPR-under-the-barrel" setup my shooting stance makes it almost impossible to hit unless you're 10 feet awar and directly to my right (or left depending on which side of the bunker I'm shooting from).

So you tapped your vert ASA? Do you think it was the right decision? It does look the best IMO (outside a sleeper setup..)

TwilightG
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Another option is to use a Palmers Stabilizer sprung for LP and run your lp hose through the top of the rail (you'll need to tap the vert asa)

Clean setup that way too. I've seen it on Dirge's G-Force mag and it's nice. Give's it a semi-sleeper look since it also acts as a foregrip with no exposed hoses aside from the macroline

Spider-TW
11-30-2009, 09:41 AM
I had Luke port a vert asa for mine. Even with a drill press now, I'm not sure I could make the hole right myself.

I've been playing with it for a few years now and haven't had too much of a problem with paint in either the tickler or micro-rock that have been on there. Paint gets into the rail slot a little. It can also get on the hose-to-barb connection, which can make it a little easier to pop the hose if you have to run the lpr at a relatively high pressure.

I've had more trouble with paint getting under the grip panels or behind the trigger.

Shirow
11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Another option is to use a Palmers Stabilizer sprung for LP and run your lp hose through the top of the rail (you'll need to tap the vert asa)

Clean setup that way too. I've seen it on Dirge's G-Force mag and it's nice. Give's it a semi-sleeper look since it also acts as a foregrip with no exposed hoses aside from the macroline

Yeah, I saw that setup, it was pretty nice. Already bought the micro rock though :\

Luke's emag manifold is tempting.. would completely cover everything and solve the paint-under-the-rail problem as well.. problem is, it's almost anti-sleeper, makes my mag look like it's electronic :p

Flatliner333
11-30-2009, 10:29 AM
I have mine mounted on my drop forward and tucked in behind my Warp feed. I ran my hose along the bottom of the drop forward and up through the bottom of the grip. I hardly notice it is even there.

leloup
11-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I really wish someone would make an empty fake gas through grip you could hide an LPR inside..

I am working on a few right now acutally. I should have one done this week. It is the complete housing, similar to an emag batterpack in size and shape. I am also working on one that is circular, but that won't be done for a while, and I might keep that one for myself. If you still need something, pm me in a week or so, to see if I have one finished.

Shirow
11-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Cool, thanks. I'm specifically looking for a circular one but I'm glad to hear other people are working on something similar..

pk5
11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
What about that grip from venomous design that you can stick an LPR in?

Shirow
11-30-2009, 11:10 AM
What about that grip from venomous design that you can stick an LPR in?

Yeah, I've seen it, I'm looking for something specifically that doesn't look like a battery pack though. Just doesn't seem to exist. I can hypothesize how it'd work but I don't have access to tools to make it happen.

vf-xx
11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
have mine bottomline mounted and it doesn't get in the way, blends in with the 'Geddon reg I'm running and has survived multiple direct hits...

From Spider-TW's EP mag.... *shakes fist*

Shirow
11-30-2009, 12:18 PM
have mine bottomline mounted and it doesn't get in the way, blends in with the 'Geddon reg I'm running and has survived multiple direct hits...

From Spider-TW's EP mag.... *shakes fist*

I'm contemplating that also.. it won't really blend into my reg but it does seem to be the simplest method.

leloup
11-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Kenjay is working on producing a couple fo the circular ones. Though the tenative pricing schedule is about $100 if he gets them up and running. They will be round.

chafnerjr
12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
'
I don't have a link right now but both venomus designs and cerberus make gas through grips that will hold your LPR. However, it's really not much of an issue... just cosmetic, that's all. Give a quick search here on the forums and you'll find them.

Shirow
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
'
I don't have a link right now but both venomus designs and cerberus make gas through grips that will hold your LPR. However, it's really not much of an issue... just cosmetic, that's all. Give a quick search here on the forums and you'll find them.

Thanks, I ended up picking up an M90 though so problem solved that way :)