PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Woes...

Frizzle Fry
11-30-2009, 04:27 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that typing "rare" in the eBay search window under the "paintball" category is sort of like kicking yourself in the nuts?

A couple of the keepers from todays search:

1) standard powerfeed minimag body

2) JT Tac5 Recon stock (3 listings)

3) Freeflow front blocks (10+ listings... rare?)

4) Pirhana R6 body parts

5) Adjustable Autococker timing rod

6) Spyder Xtra

Smokeage
11-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that typing "rare" in the eBay search window under the "paintball" category is sort of like kicking yourself in the nuts?

A couple of the keepers from todays search:

1) standard powerfeed minimag body

2) JT Tac5 Recon stock (3 listings)

3) Freeflow front blocks (10+ listings... rare?)

4) Pirhana R6 body parts

5) Adjustable Autococker timing rod

6) Spyder Xtra

OMG a Spyder Xtra!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why didnt you pick that thing up immediately? :rofl:

Smokeage
11-30-2009, 05:34 AM
oops, double post. My bad. :rofl:

El Camino
11-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I get a kick out of it, "rare", especially AM/MM stuff, I just switch to AO and find 2 or 3 of the same thing for less

zondo
11-30-2009, 02:44 PM
They do have those rare, upgraded frame screws...

AutomagSniper
11-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Ah yes, I got one. Added 6 BPS to my Classic 'Mag. :p

Frizzle Fry
11-30-2009, 11:31 PM

I, like a sucker, decided I was going to sell something on fleabay. Then I decided to take a peek at what they've got for AGD stuff, and from there just went to time-wasting searches which turned up the above mentioned crap as well as the wonderful Automag Cocking Knob.

eBay + Paintball = Nightmare that'd make Freddy Kruger piss his bed

sethbar
12-01-2009, 12:55 AM
whats funny is the common items go for double what you would pay here and the actually rare items you can usually get for dirt cheap because people have no clue what theyre looking at.

lets face it, automags are practically relics in todays paintball market.

then you add the global market with people from france and germany trying to get their fingers on a piece of history then it jacks up the price for those common/over stock items.

im kickin myself because i forgot about a marker on there that went for 125 that had a hyper frame on it.

we all know that, in good condition, the frame would go for that alone on here. then you add the barrel, frame, rail, etc and you have an alright deal.

then you have the auctions with a basic classic in "ok" condition that has some stupid lookin setup with an out of date tank and a revy that goes for 250????

you tell me whos buying this stuff

Frizzle Fry
12-01-2009, 07:20 AM
you tell me whos buying this stuff

I saw a BE Samurai go for $125+ (didn't see the end) and I bought a Classic Mag from the same seller at the same time for $80 with a Hurricane back, most of an Eclipse kit, a twistlock freak and uninstalled lvl10... Who knows why stupid things get done?

I bought a TM11a1 for $60 in pisspoor shape because I saw it on Ebay and it had a funky muzzle break and non-stock carry handle. I thought it was something more, I was intrigued, I couldn't recognize it and therefore I had to own it.

Ever heard of a ZGP? Biggest piece of crap eastern european PGP knockoff but they have a goofy frame so they sell for big bucks.