PDA

View Full Version : Using Barrel adapters with barrel kits

badpennny
11-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Is it possible to use barrel adapters (such as the Lapco ones; spyder-cocker, m98-A5, etc) along with barrel kits like the Freak or JJ Edge? This would effectively mean the setup would look like this: Adapter>Back/insert>Front. Or is this just asking for trouble when it comes to the back with a specific bore size and whatever size the adapter is?

vf-xx
11-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Seems like you'd be limited by the back adapter really. I wouldn't do it.

WickedKlown2
11-30-2009, 10:24 PM
When I had a Tippmann A-5 I used a Lapco A-5 to Cocker adaptor for my Sceptor Barrel Kit and didn't have any problems... The bore end of the barrel kit was flush with the breech end of the adaptor...

Hope that helps

WK2

badpennny
11-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys...sounds like my mileage may vary. I'm not going to sink too much money into this, but if I can scrounge up an adapter or two I'd be curious just to try.

Oh, and WK2...I hear you are trying to get Kevlar to spring for an Tac-1? My brother has enough guns, make sure to emphasize that he needs to sell all his SP stuff first. :)

WickedKlown2
11-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys...sounds like my mileage may vary. I'm not going to sink too much money into this, but if I can scrounge up an adapter or two I'd be curious just to try.

Oh, and WK2...I hear you are trying to get Kevlar to spring for an Tac-1? My brother has enough guns, make sure to emphasize that he needs to sell all his SP stuff first. :)

I told Kevlar on the phone the other night to start out with a 68 Automag and slowly work his way up ( but if he does get a Tac One make sure he doesn't get a ULT kit please)... On the SP stuff I told him a Bench Vise and BFH would work out best :) (I don't want to see another broken soul out on the paintball field)...

WK2