PDA

View Full Version : Messed up E-Vent lenses?

Shirow
12-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm on my 2nd set of lenses now with the same problem.

When you look through them, it's like looking through water or something.. it almost seems like there is still a protective film on them (there isn't, I already peeled it off)

They are just about usable but if you look at something like a computer screen through them, it's just a hazy mess.

Anyone seen this with E-Vents?

maniacmechanic
12-01-2009, 10:18 PM
not with any of mine , are they colored ? ( red , chrome ect. )

Shirow
12-01-2009, 10:27 PM
not with any of mine , are they colored ? ( red , chrome ect. )

I had one clear pair, this pair is amber.. both have the same problem.

Epic_Scotsman
12-02-2009, 08:00 AM
single or double pane?

I find the single lenses to be garbage.

Shirow
12-02-2009, 08:10 AM
single or double pane?

I find the single lenses to be garbage.

They are thermal, I assume they're double.. haven't looked closely yet.

BigEvil
12-02-2009, 08:40 AM
There is film on both sides of the lenses. (at least the replacements that I just picked up) I didnt realize that it was on the front either.

Shirow
12-02-2009, 09:05 AM
There is film on both sides of the lenses. (at least the replacements that I just picked up) I didnt realize that it was on the front either.

Really? I tried getting my thumbnail under the 'film' on the front but it felt like it was stuck down VERY hard and I was worried that it was part of the lens.

I'll try peeling it off tonight, if the lens get messed up, I will be coming after you!

d4m4don3
12-02-2009, 09:10 AM
I will be coming after you!
:rofl:
You'll have to get in line. :D

punkncat
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
You know how many levels of protection Big E has? You act like he is not connected or something.

Shirow
12-02-2009, 09:57 AM
You know how many levels of protection Big E has? You act like he is not connected or something.

Doesn't matter, I'm like James Bond.. one shot from my dust black mag and it's all over.

vf-xx
12-02-2009, 10:29 AM
no, that's Chopper with the golden gun. One shot = one kill.

Or given that it's an emag, is it one case one kill?? ;)

Shirow
12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
That's my biggest fear about pneu'ing my mag... it's going to be very hard to not spend 2x as much $ on paint..

vf-xx
12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Real fear. Last time I was out, I knew I needed to swap guns to cut back on paint, but it was humming too beautifully, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Need trigger stops next...

Shirow
12-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Real fear. Last time I was out, I knew I needed to swap guns to cut back on paint, but it was humming too beautifully, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Need trigger stops next...

I'm already creeping badly.. when I first got back into paintball, I would use less than 2 bags and think, this isn't too bad.

Then I hit 2 bags a day and thought, well, a case lasts two trips.

Then it was 3 bags.. well.. 2 cases last 2 trips with some left over!

Soon I will be back to the old habit of.. well, I just shot through my whole case, guess it's time to leave..

MeŠiCX
12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Double check for another film. I had one with the yellow film on the inside and TWO absolutely clear films on the outside. Took off the inside and one outside (didn't know there was a second one). Looked wet/wavy. After a closer look noticed the second outside film. Felt like a noob!

Shirow
12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Double check for another film. I had one with the yellow film on the inside and TWO absolutely clear films on the outside. Took off the inside and one outside (didn't know there was a second one). Looked wet/wavy. After a closer look noticed the second outside film. Felt like a noob!

I'll check again tonight, this is what I'm hoping is the case.

Bigwooly1013
12-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I took a co-worker with me to play paintball a few weeks back and he had just bought a brand new gun / mask.....etc and we're out there playing. He starting complaining of the same thing you're talkin about and sure enough there was a film on the outside of the mask.

We all had an awesome time with that one. I laughed so hard i thought i was going to need a change of underwear :rofl:

Shirow
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM

Thanks a lot, this was my exact problem.. WTF! The worst part is, I played a whole game with the last set of lenses like this and thought they were messed up so I bought a new pair. What an idiot!

Why the hell do they put two films on it..

manike
12-02-2009, 08:33 PM
We put two films on it to protect the lenses and the anti-fog coatings.

If you don't have the films the lenses can get damaged more easily in handling and installation.

Also the anti-fog has a shelf life. If it's open to the atmosphere it starts deteriorating slowly.

The films mean you get a good lens however long it has been sitting at the warehouse or on your stores shelf, or in your kit bag as a spare.

Shirow
12-02-2009, 08:36 PM
We put two films on it to protect the lenses and the anti-fog coatings.

If you don't have the films the lenses can get damaged more easily in handling and installation.

Also the anti-fog has a shelf life. If it's open to the atmosphere it starts deteriorating slowly.

The films mean you get a good lens however long it has been sitting at the warehouse or on your stores shelf, or in your kit bag as a spare.

Well, good to know... maybe you should write on the film 'WARNING IDIOT, THIS IS A FILM' so people like me know in future...

manike
12-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Well, good to know... maybe you should write on the film 'WARNING IDIOT, THIS IS A FILM' so people like me know in future...

I've been trying to get them to add "idiot" stickers to both films for a while. They did on the inside lens cover but not sure about the outside one yet.

Shirow
12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I've been trying to get them to add "idiot" stickers to both films for a while. They did on the inside lens cover but not sure about the outside one yet.

There was one on the inside. The inside film is very obvious too since it's a milky color. The outside one is totally clear and doesn't extend across the entire lens. I did kinda feel it there with my thumbnail but it didn't come up easily at all so I didn't want to pick at it, was worried it was part of the lens coating and I'd damage it.

Well, at least I'll know for next time :)

MeŠiCX
12-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Haha! I don't feel so bad now lol

Guess we all have our noob moments ;)