PDA

View Full Version : RT to Emag

Dubaimag
12-03-2009, 11:11 AM
I have 2 RT's that just dont get used, shame because i love these markers.
I mainly play tournaments millenium rules, which rules out mech markers.

Is it possible to convert an RT into an Emag and be able to use boards
that give the millenium settings ..

or can anyone do this for me !!

Cheers !

Spider-TW
12-03-2009, 11:37 AM
211's RT (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235555&highlight=classic+emag+lowers) is the only one with real emag lowers that I can remember atm.

I would think an ego-mag conversion would work well since you have to drill the frame anyway, but I haven't tried it. Been considering it for a while tho. :rolleyes:

xero28
12-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Well, yes, 211 turned a CLASSIC RT into an E-Mag. But if you have a non-classic RT (RT Pro for example) then you should be able to simply get a set of E-Mag lowers and change the on/off pin and be set. I have never owned an E-Mag, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is all that needs to be done.

Dubaimag
12-03-2009, 12:48 PM
What I've actually got :
RT Pro ULE mainbody
level 10
Blade trigger with ULE trigger pull

xero28
12-03-2009, 01:02 PM
What I've actually got :
RT Pro ULE mainbody
level 10
Blade trigger with ULE trigger pull

So, yeah. As far as I know you will just need the E-Mag lowers with an E-Mag on/off. The on/off is the same as an RT on/off but it uses a shorter pin and a quad o-ring. You don't have to have an "E-Mag" valve, the RT Pro has the exact same internals, just different etching on the outside. As for the board and Millennium settings, someone else will have to chime in on that one. :cheers:

Spider-TW
12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
doh!

I still have trouble thinking of RT Pro's as RT's.

To be clear (on something), the ULT is not the stock RT on/off and the ULT is not recommended for the e-mag setup.

Jaron
12-03-2009, 02:20 PM
I believe my X-Mod E-Mag has a Millennium mode. Let me double check.

wimag
12-03-2009, 02:55 PM
there is one other i can remember that i would sell my left arm for. It was way back in the day and i believe one of a few that was actually converted at AGD and not a do it yourself project.

211's RT (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235555&highlight=classic+emag+lowers) is the only one with real emag lowers that I can remember atm.

I would think an ego-mag conversion would work well since you have to drill the frame anyway, but I haven't tried it. Been considering it for a while tho. :rolleyes:

maniacmechanic
12-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I believe my X-Mod E-Mag has a Millennium mode. Let me double check.

1.8 does

Jaron
12-03-2009, 05:36 PM
1.8 does
Yeah, I thought so. I only use Hyper so I wasn't sure and the X-Mod site has been down for a while.

Stayhuge
12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Don't mean to thread jack, but I had a questions about the other way around. Is it possible to use an Emag valve with an emag on/off on an RTPro set up (No lowers) just straight mech frame? Thanks :cheers:

pinkanese
12-10-2009, 02:20 AM
Don't mean to thread jack, but I had a questions about the other way around. Is it possible to use an Emag valve with an emag on/off on an RTPro set up (No lowers) just straight mech frame? Thanks :cheers:
Yes but you will probably get a lot of r/t effect with the shorter pin. I am basing this solely on the fact that emags have a mech setting.