PDA

View Full Version : Freak problem

leloup
12-04-2009, 11:33 PM
I recently purchased a freak kit. I just got it in today, and was looking at the tip, something was not quite right. After some examination, it apears the previous owner had rattle can'd the tip silver, when it was red. The main problem I have is not so much the paint n the outside, I might be able to gain access to a sand blaster. However, they didn't know what they were doing (obviously) and the spray paint went through the porting to the inner part of the barrel, giving it a non smooth surface. Any suggestions? Should I get it honed out, if so, where, and would it be cheaper to just get a new tip?

Ando
12-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Paint thinner?

Stayhuge
12-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Acetone or paintthinner should do the trick. I would fill a shallow container with it, and let the barrel soak in it. I don't think that it will affect the aluminum. But I would confirm with someone before doing it. Good luck :cheers:

flyingpootang
12-05-2009, 02:24 AM
Soak it in Lacquer thinner for 5 minutes to remove the paint and it will not harm the anno...

MoeMag
12-05-2009, 02:45 AM
For sure what they said. Anno is not paint... doesn't care about thinners. I picked up a SS boomstick a long time ago that was all spray camo'd out. A rag with MEK made it look like LNIB.

here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_ethyl_ketone this is the active part of most paint thinners. you can get it in 100%. I know it won't mess with anno.

wetwrks
12-05-2009, 04:58 AM
If it were me I would contact the seller about replacing the tip with something he hasn't messed with. Who knows what the anno looks like under the spraypaint.

leloup
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I have bottle of acetone, I will give it an overnight soak and see what happens. Thanks for the help guys.