PDA

View Full Version : Gonna have cash and need advice on a new marker

Stayhuge
12-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi everyone,

Going to have about $500-600 hopefully soon, and need advice on a good backup. Not really looking for electronic. I currently have a Dallara mag, with a cheater on the wayu Monday and just need somethjing that will be reliable. This isn't a WTB thread. I am looking for advice and the reasoning behind it. I am lookinmg at Mechs and Pumps right now. I have a Phantom that i am looking to sell, because stock class isn't for me. So if a pump, something like an S6 or T2 (Open class). I am anxious to hear the suggestions. Thanks everyone!!

Note: I say that I am not interested in electronic markers, but if you feel you want to post about one, go for it. It might help someone else out!! :cheers:

SSP REAPER
12-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi everyone,

Going to have about $500-600 hopefully soon, and need advice on a good backup. Not really looking for electronic. I currently have a Dallara mag, with a cheater on the wayu Monday and just need somethjing that will be reliable. This isn't a WTB thread. I am looking for advice and the reasoning behind it. I am lookinmg at Mechs and Pumps right now. I have a Phantom that i am looking to sell, because stock class isn't for me. So if a pump, something like an S6 or T2 (Open class). I am anxious to hear the suggestions. Thanks everyone!!

Note: I say that I am not interested in electronic markers, but if you feel you want to post about one, go for it. It might help someone else out!! :cheers:
I see you mentioned the CCm T2 and S6. Both of these markers are tremendous amounts of fun. First because they are open class and second because they are so well made. If you decide upon a CCM product, I am a dealer and can get whatever you need :cool:
I have a friend with an S6 and he loves the crap out of that thing. It sees more field time than his other markers. Why? Because it does everything a pump should do AND provides tons of fun while doing it. You really can't beat something that is hand crafted either.

Frizzle Fry
12-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I'd grab a marker that can switch from stockclass to open. A CCM SS-25, or an AM-P Illusion, or a PTP cocker with a phantom tube.

Even if stock class isn't your thing, it's nice to have the option. Until you've used a stock class cocker, you haven't played IMO. I know nelsons are the standard, and I mean no disrespect to phantoms, but Sheridan-style markers just give the game a different feel. Plus you can do VERY interesting things with the feedblock on an SS-25 if you're a mag guy and know your way around a Warpfeed or a Q-loader.

insixdays777
12-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Tippmann Phenom.

Its just so damn fun to shoot and play with. 1) The Mech Mode trigger is awesome and feels unlike anything out there.2) Comes with a hopper. 3) Solid, reliable backup. I have one as a back up to both my highend electros 4) Very solid build, use it to dig a trench feel to it. 5) Can shoot in both mech mode and electro mode. 6) Very efficient. 7) Can run CO2 or Air. 8) It shoots very smooth, like a highend spool valve gun.

It would make for an ideal backup marker.

mpsd
12-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I have a T2 and I can say that it's definatelly worth the money they ask for it. It's light, tight and fast (for a pump). I also got a hitman mod for it. Here's the gun I'm speaking about:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC06567.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC06568.jpg

That one costed a little bit more but it has that special ano (1 of 6) and the full barrel kit.

:cheers:

gimp
12-06-2009, 11:29 AM
One of the dudes around here has that same anno T2. It looks awesome in person.

Stayhuge
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
I was looking at the T2 with 86 frame. I had an S6 a while back, and they seem to be about $150 less. Anyone know the major differences, besides the halfblock and pump? I noticed that the T2 has dual arms.

mpsd
12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
I was looking at the T2 with 86 frame. I had an S6 a while back, and they seem to be about $150 less. Anyone know the major differences, besides the halfblock and pump? I noticed that the T2 has dual arms.

As far as I know, the only other differences (besides the one you've mentioned) are:

- A little bit different lower tube internals;
- The top tube can be exchanged and currently they offer center-feed, right feed and left-feed. There is a promise for a full bodied top tube as well as a stock-class upper tube as well.

Stayhuge
12-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I sent SSP Reaper a PM to see what the prices are. Really looking to spend about $400 or so. I think the T2s are a little high for me, especially since I don't play too often (Maybe 1-2 times a month) Thanks guys!!! :cheers:

cockerpunk
12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
sounds like you need a new toy - otherwise known as a cocker.

yeah i said it, a cocker.

with that kind of cash you could pick out parts and build one from scratch, which would be tons of fun.

Stayhuge
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
sounds like you need a new toy - otherwise known as a cocker.

yeah i said it, a cocker.

with that kind of cash you could pick out parts and build one from scratch, which would be tons of fun.

Yea, I was thinking about it, but I think I would rather a pump to change things up. I will keep it in mind. Might even go with the S6, save a little, and pick one up to tinker with. :cool: