PDA

View Full Version : X-mag Will Not Fire First Shot in E-mode

PanzerGen
12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
My X-mag that I picked up a couple of months ago seems to have a problem. It won't fire the first shot in emode after not firing for awhile or just turning on. I can hear the noid clicking but nothing happens until I put it in mech mode and when it will work in both for awhile. I sometimes happens as I am shooting slowly as well. Is the noid going bad or could it be the sear/bolt/valve? The trigger does seem to bounce if I find the sweet spot. It's alot as fast as X-mod actually. Just not legal :rofl:

BigEvil
12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
The fact that it's firing is a good sign. Here's what you do.

Take out the valve. Pull the on/off assembly out. See if the pin stays in the valve. That black rubber quad oring can have a tendency to stick to the metal pin. Replace and oil that oring, and the on inside the on/off.

If that doesnt help, next check your solenoid plunger lenth. You will need calipers to do this. I forget the spec off the top of my head but if you read the xmod manual there are detailed instructions on how to check and set it. They are loctited in place and over time they have a tendency to loosen up and move around.

That plunger should also move free and easy when you tip the gun back and forth. If not, something may be bent.

PanzerGen
12-08-2009, 02:12 PM
I did check the black oring and the pin does stick in it even with more oil. I guess I will have to see if I have any extras around to check this.

PanzerGen
12-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Ok, I think that oring was the problem. Thanks for the help.

Ando
12-08-2009, 08:34 PM
BigE one shot the foolio :p

BigEvil
12-08-2009, 09:23 PM
BigE one shot the foolio :p

Im good for something once in a while :)

Tunaman
12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
That was a good guess. You got lucky. The quad oring is hardly ever the problem. The OP will be back...guaranteed. ;)

PanzerGen
12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
We will see about that Tuna. It will be a few weeks at least before I get to take it for another real test run with finals and all that. I seems to be working better for now at least.

Tunaman
12-09-2009, 06:16 AM
We will see about that Tuna. It will be a few weeks at least before I get to take it for another real test run with finals and all that. I seems to be working better for now at least.
My guess is that you need to extend your plunger length by a few thou...