PDA

View Full Version : Got my emag, a few problems/questions

PbGunTrader
12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Well, I've owned mags for the past year or so, ranging from classics to X valve to RT, but this has been my first emag and I am very excited for it.

First off, here are some pics so you can see what I have:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/my_cameras_contents/DSC01376.jpghttp://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/my_cameras_contents/DSC01377.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/my_cameras_contents/DSC01379.jpg

Problems:
First problem:
In mech mode, after I air up the gun and shoot a few shots slowly, it leaks down the barrel. Once I shoot a few shots more quickly it stops leaking, here is a vid:
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/my_cameras_contents/?action=view&current=M2U00034.flv
I am using a HP tank (850 psi according to CP) but I am using a very light bolt spring (according to the last owner). He sent me a stiffer spring as well so I can try that out if I need to. Otherwise let me know what the problem could be.

Second problem:
The gun does not fire in E mode. It seems that when I switch it to the E the gun seems to activate a safety that doesn't allow it to shoot or something. I have tried it with the pin in and with the pin out. When I pull the pin out the led board flashes with AGD 1.37 but does nothing. Do I need to press the buttons on the frame to make it work (what do the 2 buttons even do)?

Third Problem (kind of relates to second problem):
I have an AGD charger but when I plug it in the light is always green (ready/done) but I am pretty sure the battery is dead as the previous owner said it was dying on him and he didn't have a wall charger, just a car charger so he was unable to charge it before he shipped, I have tried a wall charger adapter and plugging it into the car but it remains green instead of turning red (means it's charging). Am I doing something wrong? The charger gets very hot but the battery doesn't seem to do anything. Also, when I put the charger on the gun sometimes the "AGD 1.37" lights up correctly, but sometimes only the top half lights up... Dead battery?

Questions:
First Question:
The board is currently 1.37 software. All tournaments that I play are either semi or psp rules. I know the 1.37 doesn't have the PSP but I could just use it in semi, correct? Would anyone recommend me updating the board? If so, who does it? A friend told me tuna man could do the update for a free so I contacted him but he has not responded to me as of yet.

Second Question:
There are 3 modes for an emag, correct - Mech, electro, and hybrid or something? Can someone tell me the differences?

Third Question:
What do the 2 buttons on the back of the frame do exactly?

Thanks, I'm sure I will have many more questions in the future so I appreciate any help.

P.S:
I am getting the gun anodized, at the very least the body done in black and another barrel in black as well (ordered a hammerhead for the days where I don't want to use the SS). If I feel like spending a bit more money, any suggestions on colors? I would need black to be at one color, but I could afford a splash of ________ and black or simple ________/black parts. Any suggestions? Thanks.

BigEvil
12-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Your best bet, cheapest in the long run and overall easiest course of action would be to send it to tuna for some TLC. He will get you back up and running.

PbGunTrader
12-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Your best bet, cheapest in the long run and overall easiest course of action would be to send it to tuna for some TLC. He will get you back up and running.
Thanks, could you tell me the best way to get in touch with him? I tried sending him a PM on pbn but he hasn't responded (waited 3 days so far).

Thanks.

BigEvil
12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks, could you tell me the best way to get in touch with him? I tried sending him a PM on pbn but he hasn't responded (waited 3 days so far).

Thanks.

PBN? Tunaman5@comcast.net OR PM him here. Im sure he will see this thread and chime in.

PbGunTrader
12-09-2009, 08:36 PM
PBN? Tunaman5@comcast.net OR PM him here. Im sure he will see this thread and chime in.
pbnation.

Thanks, sent him an email.

Beemer
12-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Read this. Check your battery voltage.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=76&categoryID=22

PbGunTrader
12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Thank you, I'll check that out right now.

edit:// very helpful. Answered most of my questions, I'll try a few things out including reassembly of the gun and a different power source for the charger.

PbGunTrader
12-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Hmm... When I unplugged the charger and then plugged it back in it now starts as red for a few seconds, then begins to blink red/green. Any idea what that means? (PS, it does this with and without the battery in it).

DoubleDutch
12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I too have recently acquired an E-Mag, after having a Classic since around 1992. I thought my newbie experience might help you :)

Second problem:
The gun does not fire in E mode. It seems that when I switch it to the E the gun seems to activate a safety that doesn't allow it to shoot or something. I have tried it with the pin in and with the pin out. When I pull the pin out the led board flashes with AGD 1.37 but does nothing. Do I need to press the buttons on the frame to make it work (what do the 2 buttons even do)?

I spent about 2 very frustrating hours trying to get mine to work, until I discovered that the little round thing above and behind the grip was an additional safety, the sear lock to be exact. It needs to be pushed out so that you see a red band. I actually posted on this, discovered the problem, then ran back to the computer and deleted the post :)

Second Question:
There are 3 modes for an emag, correct - Mech, electro, and hybrid or something? Can someone tell me the differences?

Hybrid is when you have the switch set to Mech, but you still pull the battery saver pin out. Your trigger pull will still activate the shot electrically, but the trigger rod should now push the trigger back with the RT effect. So, in semi mode, you can still "sweet spot" the trigger. Not sure if a tourny that does not allow RT'ing will allow this, I would think so because your BPS is still restricted by the board.

You do not need to push the buttons to start shooting. The top button scrolls through the menu choices, the bottom button changes the selection.

See this chart for the comparison between the different software levels and what modes they support.
http://www.niedtech.com/modules.php?name=Content
Register and take a look at the XMOD manual (which is the software update you mentioned), it has a lot of good info. If and when you hear from Tuna about updating the software, let me know, I have been wondering too who could do it and how much.

Ando
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Hmm... When I unplugged the charger and then plugged it back in it now starts as red for a few seconds, then begins to blink red/green. Any idea what that means? (PS, it does this with and without the battery in it).

Oooozzzz Nooooooo!!!!

PbGunTrader
12-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I too have recently acquired an E-Mag, after having a Classic since around 1992. I thought my newbie experience might help you :)

I spent about 2 very frustrating hours trying to get mine to work, until I discovered that the little round thing above and behind the grip was an additional safety, the sear lock to be exact. It needs to be pushed out so that you see a red band. I actually posted on this, discovered the problem, then ran back to the computer and deleted the post :)

Hybrid is when you have the switch set to Mech, but you still pull the battery saver pin out. Your trigger pull will still activate the shot electrically, but the trigger rod should now push the trigger back with the RT effect. So, in semi mode, you can still "sweet spot" the trigger. Not sure if a tourny that does not allow RT'ing will allow this, I would think so because your BPS is still restricted by the board.

You do not need to push the buttons to start shooting. The top button scrolls through the menu choices, the bottom button changes the selection.

See this chart for the comparison between the different software levels and what modes they support.
http://www.niedtech.com/modules.php?name=Content
Register and take a look at the XMOD manual (which is the software update you mentioned), it has a lot of good info. If and when you hear from Tuna about updating the software, let me know, I have been wondering too who could do it and how much.
Thank you! I'll see what I can do.

Oooozzzz Nooooooo!!!!

???

Jaron
12-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure on problem one. Like you said, maybe a stiffer spring to reset the bolt better.

Problem 2, take the left grip panel off, the one with the display window. Pull the trigger and see it the noid plunger is pulled down. If it doesn't move at all, either the noid or battery is dead or the Hall Effect sensor isn't tripping. That could mean the HES is broken or the trigger magnet isn't getting close enough. I don't know about the display half lighting up or the buttons on 1.37 since I run X-Mod 1.8.

For your question about boards and modes, I really love the X-Mod software on the board. It gives you a lot of control over firing settings and gives you more firing modes. The top button on X-Mod cycles through the settings while the bottom button confirms selection, it's that easy.

The three modes, mech, electro, and hybrid, refer to how the noid and sear pin interact with the trigger. Mech of course means the trigger alone trips the sear and the reactive effect can bounce it back. Pure e-mode halves the trigger stroke length and has the noid alone trip the sear. The trigger is stopped short of the sear pin so it doesn't get bounced back. Hybrid mixes those so the noid still trips the sear but the trigger is free to hit the sear pin for the RT effect. I find it quite satisfying!

EDIT: Beaten to it while I was typing!

Ando
12-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Just wanted to make you sweat :p
Just means it's 90% or so charged. At least that's what most chargers do. Could be dif with this one. If it's blinking red then you have a problem.

Some chargers also use that as an indication of a bad battery. Best thing to do is get a multi meter and ck the batter after a full night in the charger.

Mines never done that before so it could be a bad batter indicator for the charger :(

Tunaman
12-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Got your email and replied. Send it here and I'll fix it up. ;)

PbGunTrader
12-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Sending the gun to tuna man tomorrow.

BigEvil
12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I will be expecting my commission shortly :D :cheers: J/K dont hurt me tuna :hail:

PbGunTrader
12-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Tuna sure did make that mag run smooth as butter!! Thanks everyone for your help, I'll be back!