PDA

View Full Version : RT bolt stick - need help

Adam45
12-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi

I'm helping a friend to get his friends RT going, Yup its the friend of a friend thing :)

So it was sitting for a long time and in the 5 years he's had it its never worked for him. I replaced every O-ring and threw out his skanky RT O-ring kit because it was older than his ownership of the marker. :( The O-rings were brown and shrivelled :( Ok I used a new O-ring kit and that fixed the numerous leaks.

Then it would RT sometimes and sounded very rough. The bolt would return but the sear was not catching all the time. I looked at the sear and one of the corners was broken off so it appeared fine from one side and not the other. The Level 7 bolt was chewed up along the edge very badly. I replaced the bolt with one of my spares. I didnt have a spare sear so I took mine out of my RT and everything worked much better.

I cleaned out all the iron filings in the body and grip frame. I used lots and lots of oil but occasionally the bolt will not reset and I have to push the bolt down with a squeegee. I think its the level 7 spacer size. Do I go a size larger? or smaller? Is it something else?

Also if I loosen the Banjo bolt about a 1/4 turn from hand tight the marker RT's dramatically faster. Is there anything else I can do to make it RT faster without making the Banjo so loose?

I was tuning with a steel tank that has an output of 850ish. I have my own scubas so there was plenty of air. The marker is an RT with a benchmark RT frame and a twist lock Dye stainless barrel. I noticed the drop forward would restrict the air flow if I opened it all the way. I also notice that if I tightened the front grip frame bolt before I put the barrel on it was harder to put the barrel in. If I put the barrel in then tightened the front grip frame bolt everything seems normal? Could the front frame bolt be to long and stop the bolt from resetting?

I have tried to describe everything as I found it. The real problem is the bolt not resetting and having to reset it with my squeegee. Any help or observations are appreciated. I worked on it a long time and it likely an easy fix I'm just overlooking.

Thanks

Tunaman
12-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Did you change the main spring?

Adam45
12-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Did you change the main spring?
No I didnt change the main spring.

Should I ?

I did change the power tube O-ring.

EDIT **** Ok I may have accidentally changed the main spring. There were several on the table at one point.

Tunaman
12-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Make sure it is longer than the bolt.

Adam45
12-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Make sure it is longer than the bolt.

Even though it was just a bit longer than the bolt that spring was very worn out. I replaced it with a new one and its running very well with a Torque loader. I got a couple of chops but that was the loader not feeding my really old paint properly.

I will recommend a good tank/regulator and a decent hopper and this RT is back in action.

Thanks