PDA

View Full Version : Add this to your Christmas list....

SummaryJudgement
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Haven't been on in a while. I've seen this floating around for a while in vids on-line. Now it's on Ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Robotic-Weapon-A5-MilSim-Paintball-Gun-UGV-RC-Robot_W0QQitemZ270500980676QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item3efb1d67c4

See you around guys, Clareball perhaps if I'm not broke or too busy working to come. I'm still confused how I am in a state of one or the other......

:)

Ando
12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
They have about 2 grand in that thing and they're wanting 7k?

xero28
12-16-2009, 09:11 PM

It does seem a bit high, though the actual time and effort of building it does contribute to an increased value. If that increased value is an extra 5k, I can't say...

teufelhunden
12-16-2009, 09:38 PM

They have the product, you have the cash. Your choosing not to part with your cash for their product does not mean their price is too high; just means you aren't willing to pay it.

Now, if everybody decides to not part with their cash in exchange for their product... then they may wish to reconsider.

Smoothice
12-16-2009, 09:44 PM
that thing is rad.

Ando
12-16-2009, 10:33 PM
They have the product, you have the cash. Your choosing not to part with your cash for their product does not mean their price is too high; just means you aren't willing to pay it.

Now, if everybody decides to not part with their cash in exchange for their product... then they may wish to reconsider.
Are you smoking or tryin to be philosophical?

CatoRockwell
12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Is it too much for him to do both? :D

secretweaponevan
12-16-2009, 10:51 PM

While I agree the "Buy It Now" price is steep for me, if I were selling a 1-of-a-kind product to a limited audience, I'd place a high "Buy It Now" price on it as well.

Currently (10:53pm EST 12/1/09) the bid is set at $500 with zero bids.

It will go for what the market will bear (my guess is $400 :D ).

DeuceSV
12-17-2009, 02:14 AM
While I agree the "Buy It Now" price is steep for me, if I were selling a 1-of-a-kind product to a limited audience, I'd place a high "Buy It Now" price on it as well.

Currently (10:53pm EST 12/1/09) the bid is set at $500 with zero bids.

It will go for what the market will bear (my guess is $400 :D ).

We'll see about that. I'm guessing the reserve on the item for auction is high as well.

xero28
12-17-2009, 02:36 AM
When a 1 of 10 SL91 can sell for over $7 grand, I'm sure there's someone out there that will buy this for a decent price.

teufelhunden
12-17-2009, 08:45 AM

Just explaining a tenet of a free market.

Frizzle Fry
12-17-2009, 08:51 AM

Yeah dude, he's a business hippie :p

Shirow
12-17-2009, 09:26 AM
I used to make poker tables on the side, real nice ones, padded rails, wooden chip rail with cup holders, felt surface etc..

They cost me about $400 in parts but it was a lot of work, so I used to ask 800-900 depending on the materials for them.

I ended up stopping because without fail, 9/10 people who wanted one would say to me 'you only have $300-400 of materials in that and you want $900?'

The time I spent making those things, to me, made them fair, if not cheap, at $800. However.. I think people (including myself) tend to overvalue the cost of their own time and undervalue the cost of other peoples :)

Frizzle Fry
12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Look at the original Karta and Dallara bodies...

It started out with your providing a rail and slug, and paying a fee. A few years in, the fee doubled because of the amount of work involved.

teufelhunden
12-17-2009, 10:35 AM
I used to make poker tables on the side, real nice ones, padded rails, wooden chip rail with cup holders, felt surface etc..

They cost me about $400 in parts but it was a lot of work, so I used to ask 800-900 depending on the materials for them.

I ended up stopping because without fail, 9/10 people who wanted one would say to me 'you only have $300-400 of materials in that and you want $900?'

The time I spent making those things, to me, made them fair, if not cheap, at $800. However.. I think people (including myself) tend to overvalue the cost of their own time and undervalue the cost of other peoples :)

Further, how much time did it take you to design the tables, perfect your construction process, etc? Call that your R&D. $900 for something that cost $400 in materials doesn't even begin to seem unreasonable.

The parts in your 'Mag probably cost... almost nothing. Can't venture a guess because it's outside my area of knowledge, but how much is a few ounces of aluminum and steel? Especially if AGD is buying materials and machining the parts themselves. But you still pay a few hundred for a 'Mag...

same thing

OPBN
12-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Regardless of the amount of work into this project, anyone willing to spend $7k for a remote control paintball gun robot, needs to get a checkup from the neckup.

Shirow
12-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Regardless of the amount of work into this project, anyone willing to spend $7k for a remote control paintball gun robot, needs to get a checkup from the neckup.

There's people out there with enough money that dropping $7k on a robot isn't much. There's people on this forum with probably 3 or 4x that amount into paintball guns and most people don't bat an eyelid about that ;)

skife
12-17-2009, 12:14 PM
to much aluminium on that e-maxx.

i perfer the RPM plastic parts. lighter and a lifetime warrenty to never break.

SCpoloRicker
12-17-2009, 02:35 PM

I work for the free market; so I'm really getting a kick out of a lot of these replies...

Shirow
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I work for the free market; so I'm really getting a kick out of a lot of these replies...

I work for the communists, so I put your name on the list, comrade.

teufelhunden
12-17-2009, 03:46 PM

Interestingly, that is likely the case. Though I do enjoy seeing that reply from you in most threads, sir :)

warbeak2099
12-17-2009, 04:25 PM

lololol oldie but goodie

68magOwner
12-18-2009, 12:13 AM
I bet it sells for less than the sl91

Dark Side
12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
So $700 for a really nice Emaxx and $5.3k for Custom parts including Tippy and controls? I've seen plenty of "battlebots" sold for less than that.

punkncat
12-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Well, aside from all the bantering, and opinion on price aside....

A few years back at a MOUT game in Blanding there was a fellow using one of these, or a similar design. Loads of people would line up on the "friendly" side of the buildings to make assaults. The operator of this vehicle would drive it up alongside the opposing side, and wipe out large groups of us at once. The only way to take it out was with a rocket, and it was far too quick for that. It was giving us a really hard time, until I realized that the operator was standing out in the open, and within range of the building. Over the course of the next couple of hours, it became my mission to shoot that guy, and honestly shot 1000 paintballs at him off and on. As long as he was being hassled, he could not operate the tank.

He even asked one of the refs to "talk to me" about shooting him up, to which I replied that in spite of his not being eliminated there was no specific rule about shooting tanks or the operator...lol, whether there was or not, I didn't know, and apparently the ref didn't either. We didn't see the little tank again....

The only other tank I have seen be so successful was that guy with the Segway the next year.