PDA

View Full Version : RT-ULE Custom from Airgun Designs website

Paintzapper
12-17-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this question but here we go.

I'm leaning heavily on getting the RT-ULE Custom mag from the AGD website, and i was wondering, does it come with extra parts like adjustment parts or spare o-rings? and this is prob a slap on the forehead question, but i want to make sure, does it come with a manual for the mag as well as the various upgrades (like installment guides)?

rawbutter
12-17-2009, 11:00 AM
It will come with a few spare parts for the Level 10, and that's about it. You really don't need spare o-rings for a mag unless you do something silly (like put CO2 through it). You can buy a parts kit, though, if you ever need more o-rings.

I don't know about a manual. But if there's anything you can't figure out, that's what this forum is for. :cheers:

Shirow
12-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this question but here we go.

I'm leaning heavily on getting the RT-ULE Custom mag from the AGD website, and i was wondering, does it come with extra parts like adjustment parts or spare o-rings? and this is prob a slap on the forehead question, but i want to make sure, does it come with a manual for the mag as well as the various upgrades (like installment guides)?

I don't know if they come with printed manuals anymore but the manuals are all available on the AGD site for download (for the base markers and any upgrade parts.)

When I bought my mag it did not come with the parts kits (this was a long time ago.) I believe it would come with the unused parts for things like the level 10 (e.g. other carriers, springs etc) but I would guess it would not come with a parts kit for the X-Valve, for example.

I know that's not very specific, sorry :)

Edit: Beaten to it :\

Paintzapper
12-17-2009, 11:12 AM
sounds great. oh by the way, the ULE trigger pull kit, will that make it walkable but yet still run the RT? I dont know much about some of these upgrades so might as well ask while im getting funds together.

TeaQue
12-17-2009, 11:18 AM
sounds great. oh by the way, the ULE trigger pull kit, will that make it walkable but yet still run the RT? I dont know much about some of these upgrades so might as well ask while im getting funds together.
To get a ULE to RT you will need an adjustable regulator (AGD Flatline, Armageddon, SP Max-Flo)

My ULE RTs like a sub machine gun at 1400psi :D

CatoRockwell
12-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Every trigger is "walkable" to a degree. The ULE just makes it lighter just under 16 ounces, but it won't be like an emag or pnuemag in it's walkability. There's some great guides here on how to tune them, you just have to be careful not to short stroke it, but they work great.

I think I have a spare one lying around. PM me if you are interested. :cheers:

Oh btw, welcome to the mag community. This forum will be your best resource, it's helped me alot in the last 2 years since I bought my first mag.

oh one thing to beware of before you buy your RT Custom: Once you go Mag you never go back. :D

EDIT: dang TeaQue beat me to it

Shirow
12-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't really describe any non-pneu mag triggers as 'walkable', at least not by my understanding. The pull is fairly long, I guess you could kinda walk it to some degree but you're not going to be pulling 15bps on a stock RT setup.

You can still shoot plenty fast though and if you want more, just pneu it up :)

Paintzapper
12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
so should i just not get the trigger upgrade and see how I like it before hand?

CatoRockwell
12-17-2009, 11:54 AM
so should i just not get the trigger upgrade and see how I like it before hand?

I would probably buy the marker see how you like the trigger pull, if you then decide that you want the ULE PM me and I'll get it to you at a good price.

Shirow
12-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I would probably buy the marker see how you like the trigger pull, if you then decide that you want the ULE PM me and I'll get it to you at a good price.

I would agree. I don't have ULT in my valve and I personally prefer it without.

Paintzapper
12-17-2009, 12:14 PM
also, i saw some people getting their mags up to 20+ a second, now i know this isnt field legal and i also want to know how one adjusts the bps. i mainly want to adjust it between 5-15 bps so i can change it around for the young guns and normal players.

Shirow
12-17-2009, 12:18 PM
also, i saw some people getting their mags up to 20+ a second, now i know this isnt field legal and i also want to know how one adjusts the bps. i mainly want to adjust it between 5-15 bps so i can change it around for the young guns and normal players.

You're probably referring to the "RT Effect". I know a lot of people are a fan but I wouldn't recommend it. You can't modify it at a granular level like that. You basically end up with a runaway trigger that shoots as fast as it wants.

You can easily do it by upping your input pressure from the tank or modifying your on/off pin.

If you're looking for finer control with the ability to get up to higher speeds, you're better off looking at a pneumatic setup or getting an electronic grip (which are getting harder to find.)

Honestly - I would get the gun, shoot it for a couple of months and see what you feel about it before you start thinking about any of the other stuff. Most if it requires some level of DIY or finding used parts and you probably want to get the gun all broken in and get a feel for it before you start moving into that territory.

Paintzapper
12-17-2009, 12:20 PM
sounds good. thanks for all your help! gona put in the order tonight after work.

Shirow
12-17-2009, 12:23 PM
sounds good. thanks for all your help! gona put in the order tonight after work.

No problem. After you have it in hand and you've started shooting it, start poking around the B/S/T forum and other sites like pblegion.com and bigevilonline.com - there is a huge universe of after market parts out there for the mag and you will begin to find yourself buying something here, something there until you have almost a whole new gun ;)

The only thing I'd recommend grabbing up front is a replacement feedneck, the stock AGD ones suck. pblegion.com has a subzero feedneck which is awesome for about $30 - that should be all you need in the short term.

Let me be the first to say - this is probably the worst financial decision you've ever made.. I bought my mag for $150 many years ago, all the while mocking people spending $1000+ on a marker.. I surely have way more than that sunk into it at this point.. it's an addiction and it will keep growing.

Having a high quality mech marker really changes your viewpoint on paintball though - when you fire your first few shots and feel what a real, solid marker feels like.. it will be hard to go back to an electro.

Congrats :)

Pha|anx
12-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Just curious...

What got you interested in getting an RTP?

CatoRockwell
12-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I agree with shirow, I bought a tac one with the idea of getting a great high performance marker that I wouldn't need to upgrade, after several different modifications I've found what I like but it hasn't been cheap and I've still got to do the custom anno job. See for yourself:
tac one $499
palmers custom brass barrel $99
emag lowers $375
cp clamp feedneck $20ish
still trying to decide between the rotor and the prophecy
tunablade $50
cp direct mount on off Asa $50
crossfire 68/4500 hpa tank $150

this is all after several upgrades I did and then discarded before I settled on this:
lonbow kit
qloader
t2w stock
ult trigger kit
I know there are others...

But

the price of knowing I have a custom mag exactly to my liking...

Priceless :D

fishmishin
12-17-2009, 01:54 PM
SSP also has a really good deal on CCM feednecks right now.Those are nice feednecks also, that is what I have used on my last three markers and I like em a lot.

bbotts77
12-17-2009, 01:55 PM
cp clamp feedneck $20ish

Sorry for the minor hijack. Is the tac-one angel-threaded like the ULE body? If so, which CP feedneck fits. I bought the Ion one because it says it fits Angel 1. But it doesn't fit my ULE body.

Thanks,
Ben

CatoRockwell
12-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Sorry for the minor hijack. Is the tac-one angel-threaded like the ULE body? If so, which CP feedneck fits. I bought the Ion one because it says it fits Angel 1. But it doesn't fit my ULE body.

Thanks,
Ben
Angel threaded I bought it at d day when my qloader wouldn't feed the crappy jt paint

PaintballEngineer
12-17-2009, 07:23 PM
You're probably referring to the "RT Effect". I know a lot of people are a fan but I wouldn't recommend it. You can't modify it at a granular level like that. You basically end up with a runaway trigger that shoots as fast as it wants.

You can easily do it by upping your input pressure from the tank or modifying your on/off pin.

If you're looking for finer control with the ability to get up to higher speeds, you're better off looking at a pneumatic setup or getting an electronic grip (which are getting harder to find.)

Honestly - I would get the gun, shoot it for a couple of months and see what you feel about it before you start thinking about any of the other stuff. Most if it requires some level of DIY or finding used parts and you probably want to get the gun all broken in and get a feel for it before you start moving into that territory.

I had questions about this recently too. Further (recomended!) reading: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247520

maniacmechanic
12-17-2009, 07:57 PM

Thanks,
Ben

ion necks are just different enough that they won't fit ( typical of sp correct ?? )

maniacmechanic
12-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Paintzapper , all these guys are right , you will soon find out how much " disposible " income you have , you will also find out " normally " you won't need high rates of fire due to the fact you will be able to hit what you shoot at within 2 to 3 shots , sooo in essence the money you save on paint will feed your new addiction :D

Paintzapper
12-17-2009, 10:03 PM
what got me interested in the AGD guns was that all the electro guns are all the same, and are very boring to me. the automags on the other hand, has one of the most interesting valves i have ever seen. same with autocockers, they are a bit different from a lot of other guns on the market. so i decided, i have an autococker pump, now lets sell the boring G3 and get something nifty.

and thanks for everything you all posted, now thanks to you ill prob be sleeping on the couch! just messen, thanks again.

CatoRockwell
12-17-2009, 11:04 PM
what got me interested in the AGD guns was that all the electro guns are all the same, and are very boring to me. the automags on the other hand, has one of the most interesting valves i have ever seen. same with autocockers, they are a bit different from a lot of other guns on the market. so i decided, i have an autococker pump, now lets sell the boring G3 and get something nifty.

and thanks for everything you all posted, now thanks to you ill prob be sleeping on the couch! just messen, thanks again.
Join the club I sleep on the couch whenever my wife catches me in th bst section ;)

kwood
12-17-2009, 11:04 PM
dont forget to post pictures of your new gun once you get it :clap:

SSP REAPER
12-18-2009, 06:32 AM

Thanks,
Ben
tac one body is angel threaded as well as the ULE body. PM me for pricing on CCM feednecks. I have the best prices around with free shipping ;)

Don Carnage
12-18-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't like the ULT, myself.
I just use a Nitro-Duck Ireg with the 1000psi output shim, and it shoots plenty fast for me. Never have clocked what the shots-count is because to me, after 15 you're just puking paint.
That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it's RT'ing at 18.

Check out: http://www.zakvetter.com/ He's got some great info on how to RT.