PDA

View Full Version : Cheater install problems

Gadget
12-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Trying to install one of Zap's cheater pnue setups in my RPG Triton frame and hitting some problems.

The Cheater itself works fine off-gun, as does the LPR (Palmers Micro Rock), however when installed in the frame, as soon as I gas things up the LP hose blows off either the LPR or cheater, regardless of how low the LPR is set.

I've got a feeling it might be to do with the position of the cheater itself, with it perhaps sitting back slightly too far, which means the sear jams on the piston when gassed up.

Anyone else encounter this or have any suggestions? Thanks.

skyless
12-19-2009, 01:12 PM
I had this problem with my gforce. Try holding down the trigger when airing up the marker.

BigEvil
12-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Stupid question, but have you trimmed the end of the lpr hose? They tend not to stay on after you take them on-and-off the barb a few times

flyingpootang
12-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Are you hoses old and hard? Also using top hats may be what you need...

ZapTheMad
12-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Verify that the Rock is not jammed. They are all "new in box" and not tested (tested at the factory?). You should be able to turn it all the way down so that there is no flow coming out. The hose blowing off is more or less an over pressure safety feature. If the hose is blowing off then it is being over pressured so I am guessing the rocks valve seat is jammed with some crud. The valve seat is under the plated fitting at the bottom of the regulator. Take it it off and clean the rubber seal inside there. Also check the valve pin for damage the the sealing face.

skyless
12-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Are you hoses old and hard? Also using top hats may be what you need...

Do you know a source for top hats?

ZapTheMad
12-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Using a top hat will only make the hose blow up instead of blowing off. Not recommended!

I use a fairly stiff polyurethane hose. It's not a soft rubber. It shouldn't blow off under normal conditions. In fact, it should be a complete pain in the rear to take off intentionally.