PDA

View Full Version : Anoing/tolerances?

OPBN
12-19-2009, 04:10 PM
As a basic rule of thumb, how many times can something be reanoed, before the tolerances are thrown off enough to cause an issue? Mainly speaking about bodies/rails/frames. I just got a body/rail combo that has been recently anoed. While I kind of like it, I think I may have a hard time getting someone to color match it, even one of the base colors. Thinking about just sending the new combo out with the rest of the marker and getting it done in a solid color, but don't want to risk throwing things off. Is there enough adjustabilty to compensate?

DFSniper
12-19-2009, 04:17 PM
As a basic rule of thumb, how many times can something be reanoed, before the tolerances are thrown off enough to cause an issue? Mainly speaking about bodies/rails/frames. I just got a body/rail combo that has been recently anoed. While I kind of like it, I think I may have a hard time getting someone to color match it, even one of the base colors. Thinking about just sending the new combo out with the rest of the marker and getting it done in a solid color, but don't want to risk throwing things off. Is there enough adjustabilty to compensate?
if its been re-anno'd once, i wouldnt go for a second try. especially if the product has loose tolerances already.

OPBN
12-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Not the answer I was hoping for.

bunny5
12-19-2009, 06:03 PM
From my understanding for body and rail you should be fine for re-anodizing. Valves on the other hand have a more strict tolerance so twice is usually the limit.

http://www.finishing.com/303/00.shtml

xero28
12-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Though doesn't the old ano usually get stripped? So the new ano would just be a single layer. I wouldn't think it affects tolerance that much.

Mongoose
12-19-2009, 06:24 PM
anodizing doesn't add anything.....its the stripping and polishing that removes from the product.

if done correctly you should be fine doing a body/rail twice.

OPBN
12-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Robert, it's obviously the body and rail that I bought from you. Can you either post up here or PM me who did the anoing? I think I may just opt for having the E-mag lowers, feedneck etc, that I am putting together with this just anoed to match the base charcoal color of the body and rail. I would assume they still had the color. It's similiar to the grey on the emag valve and I think would look pretty nice actually.

bunny5
12-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I used theannosmith but he is currently not in the business. I have PM'd you an idea that might work for you. LMK! :D

Ruler_Mark
12-20-2009, 02:15 AM
you only have to worry about things that effect operation or are fail points.

Think threads, if you have some dam small holes like AKA gun air lines thoose thread can get thin FAST. OR a valve retaining nut in a cocker is some beefer threads you can safely do that one section ALOT.

Mongoose
12-20-2009, 11:37 AM
If your interested, send me a pm i can help