PDA

View Full Version : teflon bodies?

captian pinky
12-20-2009, 06:52 PM
can a stainless body be tefloned? like the black twist lock bodies

where would i get this done and how much if it can be done?

flyingpootang
12-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Powder coating is a good option...

WUNDERWAFFEN
12-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I bought a black teflon minimag body from AGD way back in the day for my powerfeed automag, I was right handed and wanted the hopper on the right side, it looked great at first but the teflon was not durable at all. It scratched and flaked very easily. Maybe duracoat it. I would powder coat it or even paint it before I would teflon it. I am assuming that not much has changed with teflon coating in the 10 plus years since then.

captian pinky
12-21-2009, 12:20 AM
i have 2 teflon bodies and have not had any problems and plan on building a second pump mag and was thinking about this over buying a ule for price reasons

DeuceSV
12-21-2009, 12:38 AM
i have 2 teflon bodies and have not had any problems and plan on building a second pump mag and was thinking about this over buying a ule for price reasons

A SECOND pump mag?!? I'd like to see the first! post a picture!

flyingpootang
12-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Duracoat isn't a good option. Followed the directions to a T and it still chipped off. I think powder coating is your best option. Contact Luke he does great powder coating. I also have a classic RT that has a teflon coated body and it held up great. The only wear is around the feed neck wear the feedneck clamp was twisted off.....
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0001.htm

DeuceSV
12-21-2009, 12:51 AM
Duracoat isn't a good option. Followed the directions to a T and it still chipped off. I think powder coating is your best option. Contact Luke he does great powder coating. I also have a classic RT that has a teflon coated body and it held up great. The only wear is around the feed neck wear the feedneck clamp was twisted off.....
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0001.htm

PM'd you, pootang.

SkinnyHare
12-21-2009, 02:28 AM
the mainbodies i have with a teflon coat have all held up real well. the only one i had problem with was a minimag body with a pump kit. the previous owner got some grit between the pump handle and mainbody that scratched the teflon somewhat.

getting a teflon coat would make it about as close as you can get to a stock coating, but i'm just not sure you can find a place that would do it cheap since it's just the one item.

like the others said, powdercoat is your best bet, and at a reasonable price. i too have Luke's Customs do my mainbodies and they've all turned out great.