PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me What You Think About My Selection Of Gear

WillBrayJr
12-26-2009, 08:02 AM
AGD Stock Minimag Marker

Milsim Tactical Backpack(To carry gear in)

Python 45degree Aluminum Elbow

Trinity On-Off Adapter

Odyssey Halo V35 with Rip Drive Loader

Extreme Rage Pull-Thru Squeegee 5-pack

V-force Profiler Goggles

GXG Barrel Cover

Didn't include a tank because tenants aren't allowed to have them where I live. I'll have to rent one at the Paintball Plex when I start playing.

druid
12-26-2009, 08:14 AM
AGD Stock Minimag Marker

Milsim Tactical Backpack(To carry gear in)

Python 45degree Aluminum Elbow

Trinity On-Off Adapter

Odyssey Halo V35 with Rip Drive Loader

Extreme Rage Pull-Thru Squeegee 5-pack

V-force Profiler Goggles

GXG Barrel Cover

Didn't include a tank because tenants aren't allowed to have them where I live. I'll have to rent one at the Paintball Plex when I start playing.

Sounds like a nice set up. The V35 Halo is a little much for the MiniMag [if that's what you're going to use it on] and I myself like a stick squeegee over the pull-throughs....but a very nice set up indeed

WillBrayJr
12-26-2009, 08:28 AM

Shirow
12-26-2009, 08:36 AM
For the price the Halo v35 with rip is going for, you may as well get a Prophecy.

WillBrayJr
12-26-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm trying to buy everything in one place ;) Saves time and money :dance:

Shirow
12-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm trying to buy everything in one place ;) Saves time and money :dance:

This place doesn't sell Prophecys?

WillBrayJr
12-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Check it out for yourself. www.rockstartactical.com

Shirow
12-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Check it out for yourself. www.rockstartactical.com

http://www.rockstartactical.com/product_p/emp-proph-blk.htm

It's overkill for a stock minimag but if you're getting the halo you may as well get a prophecy

WillBrayJr
12-26-2009, 10:35 AM
I guess I learn somethng new everyday :cheers:

wimag
12-26-2009, 05:02 PM
revvy will do fine, HALO is fine, not really needed though, same for the prophecy.

Watcher
12-27-2009, 03:36 AM
I'll second the Revy (VL Revolution), best hopper ever made and for $30 you can't beat the cost. Also, with a bone-stock minimag you won't shoot more than, say, 10bps or so. In all actuality a gravity feed would be sufficient, but a motorized hopper is more reliable.

Looks like a good setup. Be weary when using the squeegees, though. You need to remove the barrel in order to use the squeegee, and if it is twist lock that means paint will come pouring out of the gun unless you do something with the hopper.

With the Halo or anything else force fed, you will need to turn it off and remove it, probably spilling at least 5 paintballs. With the Revy, you'd just need to flip the whole gun upside down.

I'll recommend a straight-shot or stick style squeegee. Just as good, better to use on TL automags, and usually more durable. The only issue is carrying it if you don't have a pouch/pocket for it.

Also, in a pinch, you can get away with using just a swab...

Good choice with the Profilers. My personal favorite mask, had mine for a year or two already, the current lens for about as long, and I never had a problem with fogging, blurred vision, or blind-spots. I think the Profiler is the most comfortable mask I have ever worn, and it has the best range of vision as well.

Ir0nExpress
12-27-2009, 05:07 AM
I say just get a higher end loader as oppose to a revy. Why? Because eventually if you ever upgrade, it's money that you've spent already, not spending more because it doesn't feed fast enough for your new toy.

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Paintball is going to burn a hole in my pocket :D Here's another list I came up with at www.shop4paintball.com

NXE Barrel Cover
Bent Elbow(plan on buying a few)
JT Majik No Fog Spray
Dye Micro Fiber Lens Cloth
Redz Tranzport backpack
V-Force Morph Goggles
Redz Flex Tech 313 Pod Pack
Custom Products Pod Tubes
VL Revolution Loader
NXE Micro Fiber Squeegee

As I stated earlier I'm trying to keep everything to one store.

smeek
12-27-2009, 07:51 AM
If you are trying to minimize spending just get a normal backpack instead of a paintball branded backpack. For the extra cost of that Redz pack you only gain the functionality of the 4 barrel sleeves, which isn't that great of a loss. Paintball bags are typically overpriced you have to check what functionality you want and what your getting. It's a lot like taking a $3 towel putting a grommet in the corner and suddenly it's a $15 "golf towel".

I'd say the VL revvy is a good choice it's pretty much the standard back up to all of the high end loaders because it just works.

You can probably get away without buying the spray and picking up a cheaper micro fiber towel locally as well. I've had a morph and a profiler both use the same lenses and neither had fogging issues for me except in very extreme conditions when everything fogged. I'd take the money from the pack, the spray and the DYE towel get a spare lens instead. You may want both a tinted and clear lenses to use for varying light conditions. A spare lens is always a good thing to have.

Shirow
12-27-2009, 10:20 AM
You shouldn't use anti fog spray on thermal lenses either.

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 10:26 AM
What kind of cleaner would you recommend then :confused:

smeek
12-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Just get a spray bottle with water. You want to avoid windex and cleaners with ammonia because it can damage the lens.

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I figured you were going to say to avoid Windex :D I'll get a water bottle then ;)

PaintballEngineer
12-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Just get a spray bottle with water. You want to avoid windex and cleaners with ammonia because it can damage the lens.

I have a bottle of vinegar windex I use. :D :D

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 01:58 PM
If you're wondering what the Trinity on-off adapter is for, it's so I don't screw up the threads on the Mag. I have to rent a tank at the Plex bcause they're simply not allowed at the complex.

CatoRockwell
12-27-2009, 02:00 PM

Do they do regular searches of your apartment?

If not, I would just get one anyway, a tank with a good reg is nice, Crossfire makes a good product especially for the price. You are going to end up wasting money and won't be able to go to games where there are no rentals if you rent every time you play.

Like I said, there has been lots of things I probably shouldn't have had in my apartment and even now in my homeowners association they don't want any major equipment, but thats not stopping me from turning my garage into a full fledged shop.

A lot of rules exist not because they have a problem with it in general, but it gives them recourse if there is a problem. For example if my shop starts making undue noise into the night they can come in and say "well you aren't even supposed to have one of these" seeing as I keep to myself and don't make a ruckus my neighbors (many of which know about my equipment) don't really care.

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Management does inspections every few months.

CatoRockwell
12-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Management does inspections every few months.

Hide it in your car :D

Shirow
12-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I would agree that a Revy is enough.. for now.. but bear in mind where you may go with it later. If you are sure you will never upgrade, just get a cheap hopper. If you think you are going to get a double trigger, x-valve, maybe pneu it.. I would just get a prophecy or something now so you're covered later.

It really depends on where you will go.. but I will say that once I replaced my powerfeed body with a ULE vert, I could outshoot my revy in short bursts.

Ando
12-27-2009, 10:21 PM
I would have to agree with Shirow. I think a V35 halo will do you just fine. You can get them used on any of the paintball site in good condition for well under 1/2 the price a new one would cost . I haven't seen any here for sell but I'm sure PBL will have them all over the place since all the agg tweens are buying up the rotor and prophecy.

Shirow
12-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I would have to agree with Shirow. I think a V35 halo will do you just fine. You can get them used on any of the paintball site in good condition for well under 1/2 the price a new one would cost . I haven't seen any here for sell but I'm sure PBL will have them all over the place since all the agg tweens are buying up the rotor and prophecy.

Yeah, this is true - I was really only talking about buying new (since you wanted to buy everything from one place.)

Buying a new v35 halo right now makes no sense IMO. I am sure they are going for $40 on PBN though.