PDA

View Full Version : Are Mags That Much Trouble

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm already buying a Minimag so that's not an issue. I am however getting reports from PB-Nation that Mags are a pain in the rear to fix. Is that true :confused: Of course some of the Nation members also think the rest of my choices are garbage :mad:

BigEvil
12-27-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm already buying a Minimag so that's not an issue. I am however getting reports from PB-Nation that Mags are a pain in the rear to fix. Is that true :confused: Of course some of the Nation members also think the rest of my choices are garbage :mad:

You are looking for good information in bad places.

There is a lot of ignorance about mags, since so few people deal in them anymore. They are no different than any other gun, once you know the ins and outs there are very few issues. Most mags don't break down for years.

Ratt
12-27-2009, 01:07 PM

Listen, if you want ANY info about Mags...DON"T go to PBN. Bunch of kids and douchbags over there. Anyone who is somewhat technically inclined can fix a mag. And if you can't fix it yourself, there are plenty of people here who will either tell you how to do it, or will do it for you for cheap, if not for free. Over there on PBN, if you don't have a SP or a GI Milsim, you have crap. Screw that place. AO is the only place you really need to be. :)

sslecyk03
12-27-2009, 01:11 PM
LMAO

I went 5 years without shooting my mag or oiling it or even looking at it. When I started back up I put a few drops of oil in the asa, aired it up and it shot like new. I've literally never had a single problem with my mag other than issues due to an untuned lvl10 when I first bought it.

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 01:21 PM
There's some good things about the Nation. I found a guy that I can hitch a ride to play Paintball. Plus I found out about Paintball Plex in Laotto, IN which is about 10 miles from my apartment.

If I can work on a Tippmann 98C then I should be able to work on an AGD Minimag :headbang: Like anything else mechanical shouldn't you have a marker inspected anually for worn parts :confused: If that's the case I'd just send it back to AGD and have replace the orings yearly. As I suspected Nothing.

CatoRockwell
12-27-2009, 01:45 PM
There's some good things about the Nation. I found a guy that I can hitch a ride to play Paintball. Plus I found out about Paintball Plex in Laotto, IN which is about 10 miles from my apartment.

If I can work on a Tippmann 98C then I should be able to work on an AGD Minimag :headbang: Like anything else mechanical shouldn't you have a marker inspected anually for worn parts :confused: If that's the case I'd just send it back to AGD and have replace the orings yearly. As I suspected Nothing.

One of the great things about mags is that you hardly ever have to replace even orings.

They really aren't any harder than any other mechanical marker to tech for. I bought my first mag 1 1/2 years ago and it worked perfectly right out of the box... now when I started doing upgrades and tinkering, and then building a mag for my brother and friend I did run into some tech problems. Any time I had a question members of this forum were quick to help me troubleshoot. This forum will soon be your new best friend.

Don't listen to anyone on PBNation, there are a lot of good people but 10 times as many morons. Problem is trying to figure out which is which when you don't know much on the topic yourself. AO is a great community and you will soon find yourself here regularly.

Welcome to your new home away from home :cheers:

FutureMagOwner
12-27-2009, 01:49 PM
If you get one thats been abused, and "custom modified" it can be a nightmare to get it to work especially if you've never owned one before because then you have no idea of how it should perform under normal operation. But the same holds true for any gun, mag parts are harder to get, but they last a hell of a lot longer and they are a lot easier to find than parts for other guns of its age.

If you get one thats been taken care of by its previous owner, it will be a dream come true.

My personal recommendation is buy one from someone on here, I bought one RT off of a guy on pbnation and that turned out to be a huge disaster (spent just as much fixing it as I did on the gun in the first place to get it up to the level it should have been for the price I paid for it), and I now got a second one off of MCarter, and at least its cosmetically sound but I again had to buy an RT parts kit, a level 10 kit, and I'm waiting for the seller to hopefully order a new sear for me from AGD. Trust me its worth the extra few bucks and waiting a bit for the right one to come on here. I know that you already got one, but if you didn't get it from here this time, I recommend you do in the future just in case.

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 01:52 PM
That's where I found the Minimag, on these forums.

FutureMagOwner
12-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Well hopefully you are in luck then! Hope it works out great, and if not post up in the tech forum any problems you are having and we can diagnose the problem.

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Will do :dance:

FA22RaptorF22
12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
I got an xvalve that hadn't shot in a year.... put some oil in and hooked up 2000psi to the valve and it went over 30bps.

AUTOMAGS are ROCK SOLID

Whoever said they are hard to fix is insane. You can take apart a valve in your hands. They have relatively no parts. Great engineering.

kwood
12-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey there bud
I saw you are from Indiana
me and a few others here on AO ate local to ya sonic you ever need help
hop over to the meat and heat forums and there is am Indiana players thread you can post in to talk with or meet up with some of us local guys
good luck with the minimag friend
I had one about 8 years ago and loved every minute of it

WillBrayJr
12-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey there bud
I saw you are from Indiana
me and a few others here on AO ate local to ya sonic you ever need help
hop over to the meat and heat forums and there is am Indiana players thread you can post in to talk with or meet up with some of us local guys
good luck with the minimag friend
I had one about 8 years ago and loved every minute of it
:headbang:

punkncat
12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Mags are just about the most rock solid reliable marker on the planet. Now with that said.....

A classic valve is golden. Super easy to deal with, easy to fix on the very rare occation that it needs it.

LX (level 10) can be a bit troublesome, particularly in the initial install/tuning/break in period. Generally, once you get it set it is good to go, generally for years w/o issue.

The X valve can be a bit particular, and that is due more to it coming with LX stock, as well as it's "RT" on/off.

The coup de gras on making one finicky is adding ULT. It requires a bit of tuning itself to make it work as best it can.

So, if you take an Xvalve, tune the LX to the ragged edge of best performance, and the ULT to the edge, then you have the possiblity of having issues that can be a bit bothersome to troubleshoot and tune. But really anything that runs right on that performance edge tends to be a bit more prone to issue.