PDA

View Full Version : Annodizing my barrel

CatoRockwell
12-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Will annodizing my barrel affect the finish/polish on the inside of the barrel? I'm looking into getting that kaner kit so that when I send my tac one into get annodized I can have a matching barrel set, but won't the annodizing seriously affect it's polish? Or do companies like Gruntbull typically take care of that?

Shirow
12-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Will annodizing my barrel affect the finish/polish on the inside of the barrel? I'm looking into getting that kaner kit so that when I send my tac one into get annodized I can have a matching barrel set, but won't the annodizing seriously affect it's polish? Or do companies like Gruntbull typically take care of that?

Yes, it will. Every vendor I have asked has said the stripping process will damage the interior and change the bore size.

When I asked some vendors (Lapco specifically comes to mind) they offered to sell me a raw version so it didn't have to be stripped.

I think you can bead blast to strip instead which wouldn't damage the interior as long as the porting was covered but I don't know if you can assume all anodizers will do this.

smeek
12-28-2009, 01:52 PM
They could plug the backs when stripping and that should preserve the finish of the contact area, I don't know how much a rougher finish in the tip would affect things since I don't know if you can effectively plug a ported barrel tip.