PDA

View Full Version : Bud Light Too Light, Too Heavy Paintball Commercial

WUNDERWAFFEN
01-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Has anyone seen the new Bud Light paintball commercial? I thought it was pretty funny. It is part of their too light, too heavy campaign. It starts with a guy using a human-powered shooter- too light, ends with a paintball airstrike-too heavy.
I would love to include a link to the video but cannot find it. I just saw it yesterday during one of the bowl games. I was at work so I barely saw it. I think everyone was wearing paintball specific masks (again, I was working) so let’s not turn this into another bad representation of paintball discussions - I just thought it was funny & wanted to share.
Warning: half of the sites that had links to the video tried messing with my computer.

Ando
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_lRBTOCoNE

Will Wood
01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Yea, I saw it too. Pretty funny.

Temo Vryce
01-02-2010, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_lRBTOCoNE

Funny commercial, but it's not likely the one that he's talking about as it's from 2007 and not a "too light, too heavy" like the newer ones.

automagmasta
01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Its a funny commercial. indeed.

[NA]WARLORD
01-03-2010, 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XvyFHU8bzs&feature=player_embedded

Ninjeff
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
LOL. Pretty funny.

Anyone else see that AM Express commercial for small businesses that actually have a field owner as part of "the group of people they help"?

That made me really happy that a huge company like AmExpress recognize owning a field as a legit busniess.
He is holding a pair of Profilers with blue lenses too.

Steelrat
01-03-2010, 02:44 PM
LOL. Pretty funny.

Anyone else see that AM Express commercial for small businesses that actually have a field owner as part of "the group of people they help"?

That made me really happy that a huge company like AmExpress recognize owning a field as a legit busniess.
He is holding a pair of Profilers with blue lenses too.

Yeah, I did a double-take when I saw the goggles, then I saw he was running a field. Good recognition for the sport, let's hope this sudden pop-culture interest helps out.

OPBN
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
My brother mentioned the commercial today at lunch and just saw it this afternoon. Pretty funny. Somewhat related note, they had a segment on "Cake Wars" today where the contestants were playing paintball...

And to defend myself, my wife called me in from the other room where I was cleaning some of my gear.

boy scout
01-03-2010, 10:55 PM
I have never heard of Cake Wars, however I was watching Ace of Cakes today and they made a cake for a paintball field and got to play at it. And of course Greg Hastings was there.
The worst part was the owner of the cake shot was shooting some high end electro w/rotor and hpa tank while everyone else was using customs. I sense they rigged the game.

Ohh yeah and I completly deny watching that show by my own choice. ;)

OPBN
01-04-2010, 06:43 AM
That was it. I remember it had something to do with cakes. I noticed the same thing with the markers.

p8ntballin007
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
WOW, I have been out of the sport for a while now, and in the past few years I've started to pick it back up again, but I'll always revert back to this forum for my paintball webertainment. I would just like to say that you guys have either come a really long way, or just don't care anymore, and from what I've seen elswhere you really do seem to care. Before I took my hiatus from paintball, the immediate response to that commercial would have been, "OH MY GOD!!! Did you see those goggles they had on!!! Totally giving the sport a bad name. People are going to see that commercial and think paintball is a horrible, mean, and painfull sport now"

I'm glad to see that we've all gotten past that point and can see the entertainment/ recognition value in these commercials. That makes me feel that much better about the timing of my reentry to the sport.

I too saw the one with the guy holding the profilers, but didn't have my TIVO remote handy. My wife saw the double take I did and asked me if I got whiplash.