PDA

View Full Version : bolt not resetting

Adam45
01-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi

My X valve level 10 is acting up. Today while playing it would stop firing and to get it going again I would let the air pressure of with my slide check. It would start up normally and work for a while then stop again.

I have been running this valve on the same marker for a couple of years now without any issues.

Could something be worn out?

Thanks

FA22RaptorF22
01-03-2010, 11:20 PM
On/off seals could be worn, or somethings up with the lvl x.

Does the bolt stick when it pinches a ball? or does that not make a difference, it is just random?

Coralis
01-03-2010, 11:21 PM
your main spring may be getting weak , or you may need to retune your level 10 for winter play .

Ando
01-03-2010, 11:49 PM
your main spring may be getting weak , or you may need to retune your level 10 for winter play .
I approve this message. :cheers:

Any more info to pin point the problem would help but I would look at your spring first.

Adam45
01-04-2010, 12:22 AM
I approve this message. :cheers:

Any more info to pin point the problem would help but I would look at your spring first.

Thanks fellows I will look at this during the week. It has been my main marker for a couple of years so it makes sense that this would be the problem.

EDIT ******

So not being able to wait I took the valve out and I see the spring and bolt are exactly the same length. Without even airing the marker up I'm sure that was the problem. Thanks fellows.

CaliMagFan
01-04-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm willing to bet that there was a contributing factor: the screws holding the marker together were not tightened appropriately. sometimes if the screw in the trigger frame is much tighter than the field strip screw you will get your described symptom.

An easy way to confirm or refute this diagnosis is to do the following:

fire the marker until it stops shooting and the bolt does not click back into place.

then simply tighten the field strip screw to until you hear the bolt "click" into place.

******ONLY tighten the FS screw on to within reason, maybe something like 5 N m (newton metres)- well within the force you can exert by hand with a 3 to 4 inch-handled allen wrench. If this tightening doesn't help than you may have ruled out my diagnosis.

good luck.

Tao
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks fellows I will look at this during the week. It has been my main marker for a couple of years so it makes sense that this would be the problem.

EDIT ******

So not being able to wait I took the valve out and I see the spring and bolt are exactly the same length. Without even airing the marker up I'm sure that was the problem. Thanks fellows.

lol yep :P

The spring should stick out a 1/4 of an inch or so past the bolt :rofl:

You may have set a record by having a semi functional gun with a spring worn all the way down to bolt length!

Ando
01-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Well, what CaliMagFan said is also true. I have a marker that I must TQ down the field strip screw to get working.

If the spring isn't your problem, mess around with the frame and thumb screw. If it just started happening after you reassembled it. CaliMagFan is on the money.

Adam45
01-09-2010, 03:54 PM
lol yep :P

The spring should stick out a 1/4 of an inch or so past the bolt :rofl:

You may have set a record by having a semi functional gun with a spring worn all the way down to bolt length!

Is there a badge or cookie for this accomplishment ? :)

FA22RaptorF22
01-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Also, you may experience bolt stick due to fluctuations in the weather as I have.

I tuned my LX inside in room temp, and went outside in 15 degree weather and the difference was dramatic. Multiple bolt sticks which stated a different carrier. Mags dont like the cold, but they can be adjusted to cope, which is why they come tunable!