PDA

View Full Version : Few Q's about E-mags.......

TeaQue
01-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Can these be switched to fire mechanically if the batteries run out? Are they "walkable"? I have my x-valve w/ULT overshimmed and I can walk it fairly well but its not that easy for anyone not used to the gun. What kinda firing modes do they have and is this different with software versions?

What about batteries, are they weird and hard to source?

What kinda on/off do they use? Can you use a ULT?

I'm home from work looking at things I shouldn't be thinking about buying :rolleyes:

leloup
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Can these be switched to fire mechanically if the batteries run out?

yes to that one. I'm not an expert on the rest though.

TeaQue
01-07-2010, 10:23 AM
yes to that one. I'm not an expert on the rest though.
So theoretically.....it will fire just like any other x-valved mag when I want it to and be walkable like an electro when the power is on?

BigEvil
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Can these be switched to fire mechanically if the batteries run out? Are they "walkable"? I have my x-valve w/ULT overshimmed and I can walk it fairly well but its not that easy for anyone not used to the gun. :

Yes, there is a selector lever that lets you switch between E and Mech modes. If you leave the electronics on and switch it to M, that is called "hybrid mode"

What kinda firing modes do they have and is this different with software versions?:

AGD does not support any firing modes other than semi, so the stock AGD 3.2 software has none. However, most Emags now have Xmod on it, which is an aftermarket software created by AO's very own Lornecash. Check out here for more info:http://www.niedtech.com/ There are a few guys that can upgrade the software for you.

What about batteries, are they weird and hard to source?:
Batteries are proprietary. They are rechargable, and very durable. I have had mine in my Xmag for almost 7 years now. You can still get replacements, and there is even an upgraded one availible from KC.

What kinda on/off do they use? Can you use a ULT?:
Same on/off assembly as the RT, but with a shorter pin, and a rubber 'quad' oring in place of the small on/off top one. ULT's are not used in the emags because they do not reliably reset.

I'm home from work looking at things I shouldn't be thinking about buying :rolleyes:

Contact Tunaman for all of your emag needs! :D He's got it all in his little shopping mall

TeaQue
01-07-2010, 10:43 AM
One last question........what kinda triggers will fit the lowers?

I just bought a Talon from Tunaman and I love it, will it fit? :hsd:

BigEvil
01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
One last question........what kinda triggers will fit the lowers?

I just bought a Talon from Tunaman and I love it, will it fit? :hsd:

Mech triggers wont fit or work. The emag trigger is a different animal. If you like the Talons then the emag equivilent would be a Tunablade. Similar shape as the Talon.

TeaQue
01-07-2010, 10:53 AM
I see..............

pk5
01-07-2010, 11:26 AM
If you want the blade I think tuna may still have a few of the old version left. He is planning on releasing a new one soon - they posted about that about 2 months ago?

Rogue and Atach are trying to get rid of some of their old stock too, but they hang out you know...on the other forum.

As far as emag trigger being walkable in mech mode, i don't think you can, because without a ult there it is not really walkable in mech mode. You sure can increase the input psi and get some rt effect though.

TeaQue
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
If you want the blade I think tuna may still have a few of the old version left. He is planning on releasing a new one soon - they posted about that about 2 months ago?

Rogue and Atach are trying to get rid of some of their old stock too, but they hang out you know...on the other forum.

As far as emag trigger being walkable in mech mode, i don't think you can, because without a ult there it is not really walkable in mech mode. You sure can increase the input psi and get some rt effect though.

Gotcha, as long as its walkable in E mode thats fine with me. I have an inline max-flo on my tank so I know I can get it to RT when I want it to.... :D

If anyone has a set of lowers they want to sell, PM me and I'll take a look. I saw a set in the classifieds section but haven't heard back yet.

CatoRockwell
01-07-2010, 12:41 PM
get on the bst misc forum, there are some emag lowers for sale if I recall correctly. Some really good deals too $350-$400

To add what hasn't been said. The rechargeable battery on the Emag has a very very long charge, I really don't foresee a need to switch to mechanical since it is rechareable I think 20,000+ shots. But if you ever want to go mech just for the hell of it, then you can.

Also you don't need a ult in an emag, the trigger is already light enough.

smeek
01-07-2010, 01:16 PM
The batteries aren't exactly proprietary. You can have a pack soldered up at a local shop, a new battery isn't a bad idea since cells can get memory and have other issues. PaintballEngineer posted about having his local batteries plus make him a pack for under $20

The batteries can be very long life giving enough energy to not only power the gun but also enough to power a hopper and warp feed at the same time.

TeaQue
01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
The batteries aren't exactly proprietary. You can have a pack soldered up at a local shop, a new battery isn't a bad idea since cells can get memory and have other issues. PaintballEngineer posted about having his local batteries plus make him a pack for under $20

The batteries can be very long life giving enough energy to not only power the gun but also enough to power a hopper and warp feed at the same time.
Wait.............you can use the pack to power a hopper and warp also?!

Thats pretty darn cool...

DoubleDutch
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Wait.............you can use the pack to power a hopper and warp also?!

Thats pretty darn cool...

Yah I just did that with mine, using RobAGD's instructions. http://www.robagd.com/revy-hack/

Works pretty sweet, the warp rips, I had to put in all the dwell jumpers to make it spin only about half a turn for each shot, that is the lowest I got it.

It made my rig a little less lopsided weight-wise, now that I got rid of the 9V's in the Warp and Revvy.

TeaQue
01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Yah I just did that with mine, using RobAGD's instructions. http://www.robagd.com/revy-hack/

Works pretty sweet, the warp rips, I had to put in all the dwell jumpers to make it spin only about half a turn for each shot, that is the lowest I got it.

It made my rig a little less lopsided weight-wise, now that I got rid of the 9V's in the Warp and Revvy.
Thats just awesome :hail:

kcombs9
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
saw some lowers as low as 200$ trying to find them again.

SOUP
01-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry to thread jack, but does xmod have 12.5 bps? PSP moved away fro 10.5 and moved to 12.5.

BigEvil
01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Sorry to thread jack, but does xmod have 12.5 bps? PSP moved away fro 10.5 and moved to 12.5.

No, but it is adjustable to 12 bps. The ramp modes will comply with whatever your ROF settings are.

Tao
01-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Surprisingly these guys left out a lot of detail about the emag trigger. Not only is it walkable it is fully adjustable!!!

It uses a magnet to adjust the travel distance before the gun fires and magnets to tune the weight of the trigger pull. The trigger pull actually gets lighter further on drring the pull :bounce:

Also Hybrid mode has the pull of an electronic trigger and is able to have the RT bounce back of the mech mags!. This allows for even faster walking of the trigger, which is actually the faster trigger in the game!

The only downside to the trigger is that it is a double trigger instead of a blade trigger. But there are many aftermarket blade triggers for the emag.
**You need a specially made trigger for the emag, since the trigger needs a magnet in the middle to set off the electronic sensor.