PDA

View Full Version : New Adj tanks?

Sueypaintballer
01-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Hey all,

Ive finally came to the place where i do wanna run around 900 psi or more into my marker, however ive been looking around for new regs/tank setups and have been stumped.

Smartparts flo only goes up to 800

Most other presets i find go to 850.

Someone told me on a forum when i was looking into buying his tank that the myth reg is adjustable by adding shims that come with it.... said it can go up to 1000 psi but i have yet to confirm his claims.

Any recommendations on tanks for mags, since i play mostly scenario, i also almost need something bigger than a 70

vf-xx
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Buy a used reg and put it on your tank.

I know I've seen an AA Apocalypse and an AA Armageddon reg for sale here and on MCB recently. Both of those can do it. Heard good things about Centerflag regs as well.

Downside is that these are adjustable/rail mount regs that don't use an ASA.

Personally I've used a 114/4.5 on an Armageddon Reg for years.

Spider-TW
01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Ninja's are shim-able by the user as well. I haven't been able to try mine out yet.

Frizzle Fry
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
My Ninja does 950psi... Sleek, small, good looking, and $155 shipped factory shimmed to 950 from Ninja directly. It R/Ts beautifully with the 3 X-valves I've got set up for R/Ting, and it's just low enough that most inline regulators will knock it down to a reasonable 200psi for other electro markers that don't require such a high input.

Definitely a good purchase; every other high output valve system I've used was bulkier, more "visibly distracting" and harder to tune/re-shim.

Sueypaintballer
01-07-2010, 01:23 PM
My Ninja does 950psi... Sleek, small, good looking, and $155 shipped factory shimmed to 950 from Ninja directly. It R/Ts beautifully with the 3 X-valves I've got set up for R/Ting, and it's just low enough that most inline regulators will knock it down to a reasonable 200psi for other electro markers that don't require such a high input.

Definitely a good purchase; every other high output valve system I've used was bulkier, more "visibly distracting" and harder to tune/re-shim.

That sound like exactly what im looking for,

On a side note anyone ever put a quick disconect fitting on the regulator and run a remote to it? (I like light guns durring all day scenario)

Spider-TW
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM

On a side note anyone ever put a quick disconect fitting on the regulator and run a remote to it? (I like light guns durring all day scenario)

Ninja sells an extension whip that is used for remote filling.

TeaQue
01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I've got a Max-flo for sale for a good price. It will go to 1400psi+

Not the smallest, or prettiest thing but the one on my mag works great!

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248055

FA22RaptorF22
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I vote centerflag dynaflow.

Superfast and well built. You dont have to crank up to 11 or 1200 to get good r/ting. Put it at 900 and its super perky.

fishmishin
01-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Although adjustable regs are probably the easiest way to get your marker to RT better, there are other ways. Like using a ULT on/off(which can be a little harder to tune), or tweaking the pin in a RT on/off. I am using a CP 68/45 preset at 850psi and with the my RT on/off I am RT'ing consistently around 18bps. I just had to take the pin down to where I liked it at and keep it so it wouldn't run away. Just thought i would throw that out there for ya.

Spider-TW
01-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Although adjustable regs are probably the easiest way to get your marker to RT better, there are other ways. Like using a ULT on/off(which can be a little harder to tune), or tweaking the pin in a RT on/off. I am using a CP 68/45 preset at 850psi and with the my RT on/off I am RT'ing consistently around 18bps. I just had to take the pin down to where I liked it at and keep it so it wouldn't run away. Just thought i would throw that out there for ya.
If the actual goal is RT, I do like adjustable regs better. There's a pressure on an RT setup (with a stock on/off) where it will run 15 bps, keeping you out of trouble with event refs.

vf-xx
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Yes done that too.

This is me running my Rex tank.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_xEfdcnlCpug/Slvh4mW0HkI/AAAAAAAABT0/QoW2hH3rB88/s912/vfshatnerball.jpg

Sueypaintballer
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Yes done that too.

This is me running my Rex tank.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_xEfdcnlCpug/Slvh4mW0HkI/AAAAAAAABT0/QoW2hH3rB88/s912/vfshatnerball.jpg

Dirty setup my friend