PDA

View Full Version : Tazmania needs our help

orlandobrando
01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Tazmania needs our help people paintball is eLegal there plz take the time to sign it just takes 5min
http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/30695.html
it is a crime not to have fun

CatoRockwell
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Petition says it wants Australians on the petition. I don't think they care about us lousy Americans ;)

Frizzle Fry
01-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Remember back when semi was illegal in Australia? So many Automag valves were destroyed, and so many shoddy M98 pump kits were made.

lil'Greg
01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Paintball laws in general are still strict here, but we are getting there. Tasmanian government is still a little touchy seems they cant move past 1995 which i dont blame them for. i am just glad that we are able to import markers, i remember my friend imported his X-Mag as an electic controlled spear gun. Those were the days.

CatoRockwell
01-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Paintball laws in general are still strict here, but we are getting there. Tasmanian government is still a little touchy seems they cant move past 1995 which i dont blame them for. i am just glad that we are able to import markers, i remember my friend imported his X-Mag as an electic controlled spear gun. Those were the days.
What happened in 95?

lil'Greg
01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
a bloke by the name of Martin Briant went a little mental and shot dead 35 people in a quiet Tasmanian town, its know as the Port Arthur Massacre. that was the reason that our firearm laws went from ok to strict as. a lot of different firearms became illegal after that and paintball has been beaten like a circus monkey since. it has taken a lot of lobbying to get in legalised in some states and we still dont have a uniform set of laws across the country. we are hoping that once its legal across the whole country we can then start to try and get our own licensing laws under the Australian Weapons Act, there for making paintball more accessible by the wider Australian community.

Ando
01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
I did my part ;)

Who cares if us blokes aren't going to count. If they have a few thousand from the US and other countries, it might help.

You should post this on PBN if you haven't already. They have 100X the members we have.

going_home
01-07-2010, 08:06 PM
a bloke by the name of Martin Briant went a little mental and shot dead 35 people in a quiet Tasmanian town, its know as the Port Arthur Massacre. that was the reason that our firearm laws went from ok to strict as. a lot of different firearms became illegal after that and paintball has been beaten like a circus monkey since. it has taken a lot of lobbying to get in legalised in some states and we still dont have a uniform set of laws across the country. we are hoping that once its legal across the whole country we can then start to try and get our own licensing laws under the Australian Weapons Act, there for making paintball more accessible by the wider Australian community.

Martin was framed.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jenks/carleen.html

lil'Greg
01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
irrespective of who did it, it is still the point in which paintball and firearms in general got the hard line put on them.

Drix
01-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Reminds me of a long conversation I had with a police officer in my front yard once. It took him over an hour to get my point that a paintball gun is not a firearm becasue it does not use any sort of ignited material to project the ball. With that I can now shoot my shed again -.-

orlandobrando
01-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Reminds me of a long conversation I had with a police officer in my front yard once. It took him over an hour to get my point that a paintball gun is not a firearm becasue it does not use any sort of ignited material to project the ball. With that I can now shoot my shed again -.-

ya a paintball gun is no different then a nail gun and there are no laws that you cant use them

every one that signs is making a point no matter if it makes a difference it shows how united all the paintballers are we should support our sport no matter where

DevilMan
01-10-2010, 08:49 PM
ya a paintball gun is no different then a nail gun and there are no laws that you cant use them

every one that signs is making a point no matter if it makes a difference it shows how united all the paintballers are we should support our sport no matter where

bwahahhahaa... tis funny and true... can you imagine all of the changes that would have to be made when the gubmint wants to regulate nail guns!!!! Good luck with that!

Tis funny to think of getting harassed by the popo for such a thing. They should know it's not a firearm and as long as you are on YOUR property shooting YOUR stuff then there should be no issue.

Anyway... had to say I chuckled at that...

I did sign, and I left a note as well, paintball is a SPORT and you can't tell me that it's any more violent or dangerous than RUGBY is!!!

DM

halB
01-11-2010, 02:30 PM

A long rifle is not a firearm.
A pistol is generally not a firearm.
A grenade IS a firearm.

Firearm = prohibited weapon. Not only that, where you live I know there are laws on Zip guns. And paintball guns come dangerously close to that. Still, good for you.

Next time, talk through an open window. Don't open the door, don't step outside.

edit: To bring this board down a lot:

SHUT.
DOWN.
EVERYTHING!

//i just realized tazmania is nowhere near madagascar.

bojangles1983
01-11-2010, 05:31 PM
^^^ You might have been thinking about Tanzania.

orlandobrando
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
bump