PDA

View Full Version : guys i need some help to loose some weight

Sumthinwicked
01-08-2010, 05:43 PM
lol weird asking here right??? the answer put down the hohos and paintball more... well with my schedual and me being a dad and 32 im 240 and 5ft thats to damn big... i basically stay the same size but i can go up or down 20 lbs in a month easily if i dont watch it. i tryed atkins for 2 weeks lost 35 lbs no lie hense why im thinking of doing that again... meat and cheese for 2 weeks boyea says the fat guy and i kept it off for about 3 months then slowly it came back damn carbs.... LOL xmas and stress im screwed :) i really want to lose the weight any ideas guys ??? im moving so my diet will change when i can cook and freeze dinners for work maybe that will help ill be living on a lake so lots of swimming and running for me in the summer but i want to start now any ideas and no smart replies but serious answers please thankx keep it clean

Will Wood
01-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I'd say you should start going to school with your kids before you try to loose weight.

DevilMan
01-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Reduce how much you put on your plate each meal, and drink a large glass of water before each meal.

I've been the same size/weight since I was 18 give or take 20 lbs.

I don't eat healthy, but I don't eat much either...

Good luck,

DM

Sumthinwicked
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
i have been trying to add water to my diet alot actually but ill try that i heard it works well

maniacmechanic
01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Reduce how much you put on your plate each meal, and drink a large glass of water before each meal.

I've been the same size/weight since I was 18 give or take 20 lbs.

I don't eat healthy, but I don't eat much either...

Good luck,

DM

What would you know about losing weight , if either of us lost 20lbs they would be calling us scrauney

Wicked , good luck , from what I understand , getting rid of the weight is usually not the problem , it's staying rid of it

Sumthinwicked
01-08-2010, 06:26 PM
yea i think its water weight to be honest i eat alot of salt i think cutting back will help alot

behemoth
01-08-2010, 06:38 PM
drink nothing but water.
eat more salads, vegetables, grilled chicken, etc.
could try meal replacement shakes. to replace breakfast and lunch. Then eat a light dinner.

do atleast 30mins of cardio a day.

pushups when you wake up, and before bed.

You'll be amazed at what you lose doing those few easy things.

Sumthinwicked
01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
exercise and pushups bleh ....... wheres my lipho when i need it

Butros
01-08-2010, 08:11 PM
I'd say you should start going to school with your kids before you try to loose weight.

School for what spelling and grammar?

Sumthinwicked
01-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Tek Skol

going_home
01-08-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL xmas and stress im screwed :)

Remember kids......

http://img1.visualizeus.com/thumbs/09/02/03/inspiration,funny,desserts,retro,stressed,ad-3913a83c03db629c81892268821eb20e_h.jpg

But seriously.
Dont eat any fried foods.
Eat more nuts, raw fruits and vegetables.
(or go to Harbor Freight and get a cheap dehydrator and make dried fruit and stuff, its yummy as snacks)
Drink at least 8 glasses or bottled waters a day.
Dont eat anything for at least 3 hours before bed.

I'm trying to do all those myself (and lose weight), the last one is the tough one for me.
I never know when I'm going to bed till ..... well I go to bed.

;)

Sumthinwicked
01-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Lol

MoeMag
01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
What I do...

Leave half of whats on your plate for later.
(dont use it as a snack for another meal later)

Beer basically is a pound in a glass.

and I really second the don't eat before bed. That just makes ya feel all sorts of better anyways. Make lunch your "main" meal.

I'm 6'4'' 180. Been there for years.

Oh yeah... cardio. They do have indoor gyms with treadmills infront of TV's. I can rock that out for at least 4 miles a day.

Smoothice
01-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Learn what a proper portion is. You would be amazed!

If you drink soda... Stop!

Drink a glass of water before dinner. It will make you feel full faster.

Eat slowly. Take a bite then put down your fork/spoon/sandwhich in between bites. Completely chew your food before taking the next bite.

Get some exercise. Doing a few reps is useless. You need to have an elevated heart rate. I'll ask for how long. My wide is an RD and deals with this every single day.

Watch the biggest loser. You will learn a lot and see people a lot worse off then you can do it.

TwilightG
01-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said...

Junk food, soda, and (unfortunately) alcohol all gotta go
Drink lots of water

Nothing fried.

Try to avoid refined sugars.
No white bread or anything made with white flour. Try to use 100% whole wheat bread or multigrain. Be sure to read the labels too! A lot of "healthy" breads still contain high fructose corn syrup and can be over 100 cals/slice.
Whole grains, oats, and nuts (walnuts and almonds are top choice) - they will help to keep you fuller longer plus a nice boost in fiber and the nuts have healthy fats
Sweet potatoes in place of white potatoes. Full of fiber and vitamins.

Lots of vegetables. Corn is usesless.
More fruits, but not too much either. Avoid juices. Eat the fruit instead.

More lean protein. Chicken, lean beef, fish (salmon is awesome for you, even though it's high in fat) If you don't mind it, cottage cheese is awesome (although high in sodium) Avoid any with fruit mixed in though.

Avoid sauces and heavy dressings. Too many are made with cream or bad oils. Olive oil is good for you.

Avoid processed foods. American cheese, margarine.. that stuff should be banned from existence.

Also, eat many small 'meals' throughout the day. A meal doesn't have to be big. You generally want to eat something about every 2-3 hours for a total of 6 meals.
This will help to prevent you from starving and actually boost your metabolism.

Exercise! Cardio is a pita, but a necessity. Do lots of simple things like parking farther away from an entrance, taking stairs instead of elevators, anything to keep moving.

If you have access to a gym, use it. You don't need to be a weightlifter, just keep your muscles stimulated.

Lastly (and I need to take my own advice), you need quality sleep. It's so overlooked. If you drink a lot of caffeine, cut back. Maybe eventually cut it out. It makes you retain water and it keeps you awake.

I'm no expert.. I've just been through trial and error for a long time. Feel free to send me a PM too. :)

fishmishin
01-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Don't sweat it dude, the EPL is getting bigger bunkers, lol. I'm just messing, if they were it would probably be so I could hide behind them. GL with it bro, its tough. I have been fighting the same deal, its up then down. My problem is I haven't been disciplined enough with it, that and my affliction with Mountain Dew.

Swampy
01-08-2010, 10:46 PM
All I got to say is hard labor. Assuming you own a home, you'll be suprised if you trade in the Craftsman lawn tractor and get a Commerical 21in mower will do. Or in winter time if you got a fire place of spliting a full cord of wood will do.

Ando
01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Get rid of the kids. :p

I tell ya what. After having them, I've gained some tons. Came out of the military at 185, hit 195 and basically stayed there for 4 years. Kids came along and the weight went through the roof. I'm at 220 :D and feel like **** for the most part. More cause I'm a fat-body now. I'm :mad: at myself but the kids are getting old enough now that this summer we're going out to do the stuff daddy use to do on a weekly bases.

I did a lot of mountain biking before the kids came around so I think once I get back into my normal groove I'll be set. I think I might actually buy me another bike this year :rolleyes:

SCpoloRicker
01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Believe it or not; Anon to the rescue! Bewaer, the "a" word is mentioned, once, in the image macro below. However, it truly is useful. Mods, baleet/rehost if needed.

Roll, and rejoice:

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1326/4chanworkout.jpg

PaintballEngineer
01-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Check out Isagenix. Chuck Gibbs' Isagenix page. (he's the popa :) ) (Http://chuckgibbs.isagenix.com) He lost 13 lbs in 14 days, and got lots more energy! :D

Sundown
01-08-2010, 11:31 PM
What Twilight said is really good.

Adding on that and related to the 6 meals a day. That is very good. But I suggest taking it easy at the beginning because you will probably start and eat 6 big meals if you don't be careful. :) Start with eating healthy (no junk) and then separate your meals into 2 meals. It's a pita, but counting you calories can help. A good way is if you know how many you can eat every meal. If you eat 6 meals then maybe take 400 calories a meal to have a total of 2400 calories. So if you know you can eat 400 in one meal you can balance what you eat.

Try and eat good protein and carbs every meal. Less carbs for the last 2 meals and maybe a little more carbs in the morning. I really suggest not going on the STARVE CARBS diet.. it's not good for you.

Also do not go on a ''0 fat'' diet.. you need fat but good fat - eggs, fish, peanut butter, almonds, olive oil.. Just not to much.. maybe 20-30% of your daily calorie intake.

Also, exercise is really important... 3-4 times a week for maybe 30-45 minutes. Lifting a bit a weights is really good also. Not to become body builder but to work your muscles so you don't loose to much muscles mass.

And allot of motivation :)

Another thing that might help is not to start to drastically... some people can. But don't set yourself up for failure right away.

Allot of good books in this. I have one on PDF if you want. pm me if ever you want to have it.

WUNDERWAFFEN
01-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Any kind of biking. Pull out the old clunker and ride it down the road & back. Ride some hills. A good climb will burn alot of calories. I assume you like the outdoors. You can cover alot more ground on a bike over running. Less physical impact on your legs. You see more and you are alot quicker (you will surprise animals that you would not normally see.) Every ride will naturally become longer, I do not know where you live but maybe eventually you will be able to circle the lake. Mountain biking will have you hopping over fallen logs and maybe even jumping which is fun. Riding is more of an activity than a workout.

robnix
01-09-2010, 01:40 AM
lol weird asking here right??? the answer put down the hohos and paintball more... well with my schedual and me being a dad and 32 im 240 and 5ft thats to damn big... i basically stay the same size but i can go up or down 20 lbs in a month easily if i dont watch it. i tryed atkins for 2 weeks lost 35 lbs no lie hense why im thinking of doing that again... meat and cheese for 2 weeks boyea says the fat guy and i kept it off for about 3 months then slowly it came back damn carbs.... LOL xmas and stress im screwed :) i really want to lose the weight any ideas guys ??? im moving so my diet will change when i can cook and freeze dinners for work maybe that will help ill be living on a lake so lots of swimming and running for me in the summer but i want to start now any ideas and no smart replies but serious answers please thankx keep it clean
Diets just don't work. Eat less, stop eating crap and drinking sodas.

Read this:

http://www.michaelpollan.com/indefense.php

And fresh corn is a good source of B1, Vitamin C, Fiber, folate and a few other things.

Sundown
01-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Another thing that helped me is just start reading a little bit on health.. that just changed my vision on eating and just because of that I eat healthier now.

I don't mean reading 4-5 books on a week on this... but just reading on the internet every now and then some articles about healthy eating and why ''junk'' food is bad for you and what it does to you.

Just a thought :)

C_losjoker
01-09-2010, 05:34 PM
don't do crash diets, Atkins, grapefruit, liquid. They just don't work because you won't stick to them. Sooner then later you will get bored of it and get off. It. Soon as you do all that wait will be back and. Then some. Also remember your bony needs a little bit of everything to work at its best, carbs protein fats. I was reading that if you have a salad with low fat dressing your body takes in more nutrients from the vegis then if you were to have it with non fat dressing.

A few years back I got up 175 which for my frame is heavy. But what can you expect. I got up on the way to work I'd stop get something to eat. went out for lunch and dinner too. So all my meals were going out.

to get my wait down I cooked at home, had lots of chicken meals with vegis salads. Limited my red meats to once a week and yes I would try to eat 6 times a day. Just doing this I lost 15lbs in about 4 wks. Then I start doing light work outs and got BA k down to about 150. Just like your meals mix up your exercise or you will get bored with it and quit soon.

Do everthing from walking, shadow box, weights, bike, just anything long as you are doing something and you like it. Remember biggest key is sticking to it little by little even on those tired days if you do 20 30 minutes its better then nothing and you are still on it.

Haveaniceday
01-28-2010, 02:00 AM
I play JUST DANCE.... (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MWSY3O?ie=UTF8&tag=shopguid0b-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002MWSY3O) someone make me SIT DOWN!! between this and the Wii Fit I should be bikini ready by May!!!

Sumthinwicked
01-28-2010, 02:05 AM
:rolleyes: i hope ur a chick LOL and im not so worried abotu all this atm ?LOL i lost 30 lbs in 2 weeks on atkins ill do that aagin im sure

punkncat
01-28-2010, 06:40 PM
My suggestion.

Get a bike. Ride it every chance you get.

I started riding again about 4 months ago, just around the neighborhood on my old mountain bike. I liked it enough to purchase a new road bike a few weeks ago. In that time I have gone from 250-60 to 215. I eat just the same, if not a little more, but smarter, like fruits, and less meat portion, etc. I ride three or four times a week between 10-15 miles right around the neighborhood. 10 miles takes about 45 mins to an hour of your time. You will (after the first month to six weeks) feel better, breathe better, sleep better, and have longer more satifying love making, just from being in a little better shape.

Or not, your choice.

Sumthinwicked
01-28-2010, 06:44 PM
well u have to take into mind the foot ;) how is all that turnin out for you ? ur riding bikes again good for u/////

kwood
01-28-2010, 07:23 PM
hey there friend
funny that you ask this
i just started working out again
my personal trainer is a former UFC fighter....so he makes muscles hurt that i didnt know i had

anyways, if you want to loose weight, the quickest way to see results (and these are his words)

20-30 minutes of cardio every day

no if's and's or but's

just start riding bikes, running on the treadmill, boxing, whatever

just get your heart pumping for 20-30 sustained, and keep doing it
you will notice the difference if you keep with it

good luck friend :cheers:

Sumthinwicked
01-28-2010, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=kwood]hey there friend
funny that you ask this
i just started working out again
my personal trainer is a former UFC fighter....so he makes muscles hurt that i didnt know i had

i want to do that i was thinking of joining a mma gym

punkncat
01-28-2010, 10:16 PM
well u have to take into mind the foot ;) how is all that turnin out for you ? ur riding bikes again good for u/////

Its a process, but getting more used to it all the time. Thanks

Sumthinwicked
01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Its a process, but getting more used to it all the time. Thanks
well we all stick together ur my ebuddy ;P

sslecyk03
01-30-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm a certified trainer and atkins is a TERRIBLE diet, it'll cut fat just about as well as it cuts your muscle. I will say, however, that cutting carbs is the KEY to losing weight. You can't just go without carbs for an extended period of time though, this will put you in a state of ketosis and research hasn't been done to show the long term effects of it but it is hypothesized to not be healthy. Google carb-cycling and read up on it. Basically keep you carb intake to under 20g a day throughout the week and then eat a bunch of carbs on the weekends. Read: This doesn't mean eat a bunch of crap, but you want to eat enough carbs to be able to refill your glycogen reserves. This will also play a role in recharging your metabolism as well. It is a perfect diet because meat and fats really have no limits (within reason). Want bacon and eggs for breakfast? Go for it. But stay away from the carbs. Keep in mind that fibrous carbs such as green vegetables should not be counted towards the <20 g total. Nuts are good too but limit them to a handful as they contain a decent amount of fat.

Look into some good full body workouts and take some early morning walks. Working out in the morning serves to raise your metabolism for the rest of the day. So you will basically be burning fat while sitting on the couch. Results come slow and first but persistence is key. If it was easy obesity wouldn't be such a huge problem.

Sumthinwicked
01-30-2010, 12:30 AM
what ur saying is what i did i did 18 carbs a day - the sugar alcohol (sthen i carb rotated ! worked real well i let it slide to work out with my gf ;) so we could lose weight together

QUOTE=sslecyk03]I'm a certified trainer and atkins is a TERRIBLE diet, it'll cut fat just about as well as it cuts your muscle. I will say, however, that cutting carbs is the KEY to losing weight. You can't just go without carbs for an extended period of time though, this will put you in a state of ketosis and research hasn't been done to show the long term effects of it but it is hypothesized to not be healthy. Google carb-cycling and read up on it. Basically keep you carb intake to under 20g a day throughout the week and then eat a bunch of carbs on the weekends. Read: This doesn't mean eat a bunch of crap, but you want to eat enough carbs to be able to refill your glycogen reserves. This will also play a role in recharging your metabolism as well. It is a perfect diet because meat and fats really have no limits (within reason). Want bacon and eggs for breakfast? Go for it. But stay away from the carbs. Keep in mind that fibrous carbs such as green vegetables should not be counted towards the <20 g total. Nuts are good too but limit them to a handful as they contain a decent amount of fat.

Look into some good full body workouts and take some early morning walks. Working out in the morning serves to raise your metabolism for the rest of the day. So you will basically be burning fat while sitting on the couch. Results come slow and first but persistence is key. If it was easy obesity wouldn't be such a huge problem.[/QUOTE]

fierymartel
01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
OK, set aside your diet for now. It being the single most efficient way to keep trim, I am assuming your not. So for get about diet at first. We need to get you off the couch and speed up your metabolism. That means everyday or at least 5 days a week and not just showing up, but actually trying your best. We are going to start with light cardio to get your heart rate up warm those muscles. Next do some stretching.Now, off to a reasonable set of three exercises. I usually try to do attached muscle groups if I can. Sends the blood to one region which creates a trans-thermal effect. You see, I lift heavy. I mean, I have tried to combine the effects of achieving the pump like body builders with testosterone creating effects of heavy lifting. The single most effective way to reduce weight is heavy lifting. Not to the point where you give yourself a hernia, but you get the idea. I also do it in a fashion that makes it circuit training. I come up with say at least three different exercise for three muscle groups then I alternate the muscle group. That gives you an "active rest" cycle for the muscles not being lifted. So, like right now I'm doing bi's, tri's and forearms. you would alternate while "resting" the previous muscle group. Note: you will still need probably a minute at first to rest because your still just starting. Cut that minute down say ten seconds every week. this method of circuit training also gives you a cardio workout. for those who don't believe I say you aren't lifting heavy enough. Anyhow, study shows that nothing increases your metabolism and helps to lose weight quicker than lifting. Besides, 12 hours after lifting, your body becomes a fat burning machine. Forget about diet rightr now, you are going to need whatr you are eating for lifting. I'm 38, and trust me bro, this is what you want.