PDA

View Full Version : a quick question: what port style do paintball pressure vessels use?

roxcreek
01-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey AO,
I am trying to order a "pressure vessel" from Carleton tech, but I do not know what kind of porting style I need to order in the tank. Their only option is the "Aerospace standard type port", so I am hoping that that is the one that I will need to fit paintball tank regulators onto the tank.

If this falls through I will need someone to safely install the reg I am getting. Anyone got any ideas on that matter?

paintball72
01-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't know about the type of port but to safely put on your reg you just screw it in and get it snug. If your nervous like me torque it as tight as you can with just your hands. This is all assuming that you have the right threads on the bottle.

Tao
01-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey AO,
I am trying to order a "pressure vessel" from Carleton tech, but I do not know what kind of porting style I need to order in the tank. Their only option is the "Aerospace standard type port", so I am hoping that that is the one that I will need to fit paintball tank regulators onto the tank.

If this falls through I will need someone to safely install the reg I am getting. Anyone got any ideas on that matter?

You can get a flatline reg installed by tunaman or airgun...

d4m4don3
01-11-2010, 12:23 AM
What size tank are you ordering? If you're ordering something directly from the manufacturer I'm assuming its big?

SkinnyHare
01-11-2010, 12:51 AM
i'm surprised you even got that far with them. i tried to buy some plain tanks, no regs, for 3 months and all my calls and e-mails were ignored =\

roxcreek
01-11-2010, 09:49 PM
@ everyone so far:
the catalog for tank sizes, materials, thread sizes and regulations (http://resources.carltech.com/PTD/PTDproduct_list.pdf)

you're going to need adobe 4.0 to read it btw.

I emailed the address that was provided by Carleton at the top of the page there and got a response in a day that said, and I quote:

Charlie,

Thanks for the complement about our vessels. We take quality very seriously and build virtually the same tank for paintball players as we do for NASA. That makes a good tank but, unfortunately, we don’t build them as cheap as some of our competition and, as such, don’t make too many for this market any more. When we do make them, we sell them to companies such as Kee Action Sports. That way we can be sure that the tank, regulator and marker are all properly set up to work with each other.

I am sorry I could not be more help.

Good luck and be safe.

Thanks,

Rob

and so, from here I will probably be mailing him for the price in a more straightforward manner because he is probably trying to avoid the subject of possibly being liable in the event that I don;t install the tank reg properly and it blows up in my face.

Drix
01-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Helloooo 285CI 4500psi 20" tank o doom....

roxcreek
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Helloooo 285CI 4500psi 20" tank o doom....

lolz, you could have it mounted on a tank, as a mobile fill station, with a small squad of players attached by umbilicals... yeah, that'd be pretty beast.

Drix
01-11-2010, 10:44 PM
lolz, you could have it mounted on a tank, as a mobile fill station, with a small squad of players attached by umbilicals... yeah, that'd be pretty beast.
Sounds like a waste, can't I just strap it to my back :headbang:

roxcreek
01-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Sounds like a waste, can't I just strap it to my back :headbang:

it only weighs like 10 or so unfilled so I guess you could, you should use a nastymag with that :shooting: