PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Stops etc.

OPBN
01-11-2010, 08:33 PM
While going through Lukes site, I have seen that he offers a trigger mod service that includes raising the hole on the sear as well as adding trigger stops. There was also a thread linked that discusses the mod. What I can't really find is much long term info on how well it works and/or if it is worth it. I have a couple of mags that I am interested in having the mod done on, but wonder if anyone has much experience with it. One set up I have is an X valve with ULT. the other is a Retro valve.

Is it possible to use the trigger stops as a means to better hit the sweet spot for RTing? This is probably more of what I am after rather than really walking as much.

athomas
01-12-2010, 05:31 AM
Trigger stops prevent you pulling the trigger farther than it needs to go. By doing this, it does make it easier to sweetspot. By moving the trigger rod attachment point farther up the sear arm, it increases the trigger pull force required but shortens the trigger pull distance. This is fine for the ULT because it has a nice light pull. The modification gives the ULT a bit more kick against your finger. Everyone that has made the modification has liked it. I haven't heard any negative comments.

OPBN
01-12-2010, 07:37 AM
I appreciate your response as always. The mod sounded/looked like a good idea and I guess what surprises me is that I don't see or hear about it being done very often. I often have a bit of a hard time over shooting the sweet spot and this seemed like a quick/easy way to do it. For an under $20.00 mod, it seems like quite a deal.....

athomas
01-13-2010, 05:53 AM
You don't hear about it because not many people do it themselves. That's because the sear is hardened and regular steel bits don't cut it very well. Buried back in the achieves, there are exact dimensions of where to put your hole for optimum operation, if you want to drill the hole yourself.

OPBN
01-13-2010, 07:21 AM
I have the link to that thread, but have no intention of doing it myself. For the amount of money, I might as well have Luke do it.