PDA

View Full Version : Friend having terrible quality control and customer service issues with AGD.

blackmagic71
01-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey there everybody, normally I just use automags.org for buying things but a friend is currently having a lot of problems with AGD so I'm posting here on his behalf in an attempt to hopefully get the situation resolved.

Here is the story.

A friend of mine whom I often go paintballing with was looking around for a reasonably priced high quality marker. There were a number of markers considered but I convinced him to go with a brand new off the website AGD RT ULE automag with ULT trigger kit because I've owned a number of PTP Micromags in the past that I liked and a friend of mine also has a ULE mag that he really likes.

The marker shipped perfectly arrived right before we went on a trip paintballing for the weekend. However when the marker was aired up it was non-functional. SOMETIMES it would fire and act normally but most of the time (95%) the pin that pushes the trigger would not return and we couldnt get the marker to fire. This was factory out of the box, any visible screws seemed to be tightened normally, and this was with a High output air tank putting out over 800psi.

While it sucks to buy a brand new marker that doesnt work, it isnt a huge issue. We realize that paintball markers are high precision pieces of equipment and sometimes things arent quite right. However what really left a sour taste in my friends mouth is that when he contacted AGD for warranty work he was given the run-around by somebody and they wouldnt let him ship his marker back.

While we aren't pros neither of us are exactly newbs, we've been playing since around 2001, we did several small tournaments together, lots of rec play, and we go to Oklahoma D-day each year now. Normally we're autococker and Matrix guys but we thought we'd give AGD a shot.

We're not really looking for much, our point is that the marker should have come 100% functional from the factory. We just want the new mag that my friend bought to be taken care of and fixed.

Not looking to ruffle any feathers! Just looking for some help and understanding.

blackmagic71
01-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Update: Apparently my friend called AGD again while I was typing up the original post and got a different person. According to him the new person was much more helpful and empathetic. They're taking the marker back to do any repair work needed.

Personally I'm happy and satisfied now as long as my friend is getting taken care of. It's up to the mods if they wish to close this thread or not.

Dend78
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Update: Apparently my friend called AGD again while I was typing up the original post and got a different person. According to him the new person was much more helpful and empathetic. They're taking the marker back to do any repair work needed.

Personally I'm happy and satisfied now as long as my friend is getting taken care of. It's up to the mods if they wish to close this thread or not.

personally i would say it might be worth taking a lil bit of time to search around on here to figure out what could be causing the problem. with it being new yes you can send it back but you gotta wait on your mag to get back to you...I would say check the ULT first give us some ideas on how many shims and what not are in it....also check the velocity...it sounds like a sticky oring or not enough air getting in.

Big'n slo
01-14-2010, 03:25 PM
personally i would say it might be worth taking a lil bit of time to search around on here to figure out what could be causing the problem. with it being new yes you can send it back but you gotta wait on your mag to get back to you...I would say check the ULT first give us some ideas on how many shims and what not are in it....also check the velocity...it sounds like a sticky oring or not enough air getting in.

I agree,
These things live on oil and air.
Oil her up and crank the velocity

AO Moderation Team
01-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Moved to Tech forum.

All the help you need is right here. Read the stickies at top then ask questions here.

Once you learn the basics its easy to fix yourself next time.

teufelhunden
01-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I understand learning how the gun works and how to tech it yourself... but a gun should come ready to shoot at 285fps out of the box. 'Mag, 'Cocker, Spyder, DM234987, whatever it is. Should air it up, throw in some paint, and be able to have at it.

AO Moderation Team
01-14-2010, 04:40 PM
^^^^ Agreed and said issue is being resolved by AGD. :D

Dend78
01-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I understand learning how the gun works and how to tech it yourself... but a gun should come ready to shoot at 285fps out of the box. 'Mag, 'Cocker, Spyder, DM234987, whatever it is. Should air it up, throw in some paint, and be able to have at it.

I agree

Frizzle Fry
01-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Like any high end marker, if you don't know what you're doing you won't get it done.

I don't know another company that has as much in the way of tech support and advice as Airgun Designs. Seriously, manuals, exploded diagrams, videos and more are available on their site, with their markers, and on Youtube. Their quality control is second to none; I have yet to encounter a single instance in which an AGD product didn't work... The R/T Pro ULE is the culmination of years of improvements on the same automag valve design.

Before accusing AGD of "terrible quality control" you might look into using and maintaining an Automag... There are more resources available than for most other markers.

Ando
01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
I agree as well.

Getting the run around is crap and who ever you talked to first should be slapped. I'm glad you got in touch with someone who was a little more understanding but you also could have come here and had it fixed in a few min or couple of hrs depending what the problem was.

Next time ;)

secretweaponevan
01-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Be sure to watch the Automag Video Manual in its entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vehPc7vuK20

More than likely, the problem you were experiencing could have been solved by simply changing the carrier or adding oil.

I take it you are in NJ, and it is mighty cold there now. The gun could have worked fine at room temperature at the factory, but the outside freezing temps would cause parts to contract.
When dealing with the very close tolerances that are necessary for the Level 10 kit to work, temperature could be the culprit.

Anyway, I'm glad you are getting the help you need!

blackmagic71
01-14-2010, 07:38 PM

We agree 100%.

However it seems the problem is being corrected and my friend is being taken care of. Had I known about the second phone call I would not have posted the thread and as of right now I harbor no ill will for AGD.

Tao
01-14-2010, 07:56 PM
It sounds like they shipped the gun with the velocity turned way down.

Ando
01-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Does your friend still have the marker? Get him on AO, we'll hook him up. We'll first need a detailed discription of what it's actually doing. Anything and everything that it's doing.

blackmagic71
01-14-2010, 08:19 PM
It sounds like they shipped the gun with the velocity turned way down.

He tried adjusting the velocity up and down without any results. The few times it did fire properly it sounded about the proper sound signature for a mag around 250-300 fps.

Does your friend still have the marker? Get him on AO, we'll hook him up. We'll first need a detailed discription of what it's actually doing. Anything and everything that it's doing.

As far as I know the marker is packaged up and ready to ship out.

I will certainly direct him to AO for any future questions he may have! As far as online communities go you guys are one of the best. :hail:

There was a red acid wash PTP Micromag that I owned years back but I never needed to know anything about it because it never broke. From the day I owned it until the day I sold it several years later all it ever needed was a bunch of oil fired through the ASA.