PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy an RT ULE custom

julien4
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Hello Im going to be a first time mag owner :) and need some pointers on what options to get.

I noticed in the steel mainbodies it says "hopper right or hopper left" do those come with a power feed? If so which one should I get if Im a right handed player. I will be using a warpfeed and a hopper. (not at the same time of course)

Also I noticed that AGD reccomends that the input pressure going in to the gun should be between 650-750 psi but I see alot of people just using their high pressure tanks that output at around 850psi.

What im asking is, do I really need to go spend 100$ on a female stabilizer from palmers or should I just use my tank how it is. (its output is 850psi)

So far im thinking about getting a mag with a steal manbody-hopper left, twistlock barrel, warpfeed with a ult kit

I like the idea of a powerfeed because if my invert too and warpfeed go down on me ( they are electronic after all ;) ) then I can just switch to a shake n' bake and have the benefits of the powerfeed.

thanks very much for taking the time to read this.

Carnage reigns
01-15-2010, 06:17 PM
That set up may have some weight to it. but if that doesn't bother you then ok.

vf-xx
01-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Hopper right vs hopper left.

These are powerfeed bodys.

If you're going to be primarily playing with a warp, then you want a hopper right. This gives you the shortest warp hose available.

Downside to that set up is, that if you're right eye dominant, it will put the hopper in your way when you're putting a hopper up top.

Hopper left will probably be more comfortable for right eye dominant players with a hopper, but in warp mode you'll need a long warp hose (what's included should be fine).

you don't need a stabilizer. The key is you don't want an LP tank that only puts out 450 PSI.

Whee McGee
01-15-2010, 06:57 PM
WELCOME TO THE CLUB, AUTOMAGGOT :D
To begin. Powerfeed right, if I remember correctly, means the powerfeed slants like this \ and should be the one you want to get if you'll be shooting from the right shoulder. If you plan on warpfeeding, I would suggest powerfeed left, which slants like this /, then switching the plug to the top to allow the feed to come from the bottom. This will allow you to set up the warpfeed on the left side of the gun and give you a clear view from your right shoulder.

Now the big thing...DO NOT EVER STARVE YOUR MAG OF AIR. REGULATORS BAD. The valves are already self regulating. There is, in my personal opinion, very very few reasons to double reg a mag. Your mag will be happy with 850psi.

I also wanted to ask what kind of valve were you planning on using?

Either way, I would personally suggest trying the regular on/off instead of the ULT, and decide afterward if you do not like the pull. Aside from saving some cash to start off, you may like the way the trigger feels with regular on/off.

Your mag will be a big, bulky, death machine. I hope very much that you enjoy every bit of it. :D

Tunaman
01-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Send me an email and I'll build you that marker. Email tunaman5@comcast.net

CatoRockwell
01-15-2010, 08:12 PM
If you are getting a ule rt custom then it will come with a vert feed aluminum body so if want to ge warped then get a warped left body. This will be lighter and won't obstruct your view.

julien4
01-15-2010, 09:38 PM
If you are getting a ule rt custom then it will come with a vert feed aluminum body so if want to ge warped then get a warped left body. This will be lighter and won't obstruct your view.

u can also buy steal mainbodies....

going_home
01-15-2010, 09:55 PM
u can also buy steal mainbodies....

Email Tuna, he will hook you up with exactly what you want.

CatoRockwell
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Steal? Do you guys mean Steel?

Or is a STEAL main body something other than a Stainless steel mainbody?

Just curious.

bojangles1983
01-15-2010, 11:31 PM
they mean Steel, not all automaggots made it through spelling and grammar class :) Thats actually one reason I teach science, dont need to worry about that past participle, conjunctive verb stuff.... anyways, sounds like a nice mag. :clap:

julien4
01-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Steal? Do you guys mean Steel?

Or is a STEAL main body something other than a Stainless steel mainbody?

Just curious.

yes we mean stainless steel, and yes the RT ULE custom is also available in a stainless steel mainbody.

I just said "steal" due to a brief moment of retardation. :tard: